Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Smash U/3DS  (Read 15731 times)
Mashudes
Advanced Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 10, 2014, 12:35:51 AM »

So what happens when the new games release? Will there be a separate site once we learn how to hack the upcoming smash games? Or will this site be changed for the new games? What'll happen to the brawl mods?

Real
    Mega Kitten

Texture Master of the Masters of the Textures lolw

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:29:06 AM »

Brawl mods will stay right here, SSB4 wont be hackable in a LOOONG time.

hai

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:00:04 AM »

I highly doubt it will at all be hackable, since the guy who made the game said that himself.
    It still might be possible to extract the files, though, and get the data; just that you won't be able to insert data.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:27:29 AM »

Nothing will happen for quite a while. That's what.

Smash 4 isn't going to magically be modifiable day 1. It took Brawl about 2 years before people could even do anything with it. And the first methods were only for recolors. What makes you think Smash 4 will be any different?

Even if it were to become modifiable within a few months, it would be a bad idea to start making changes and advocate modding, as the game would be fairly new. There's bound to be some sort of lawsuit with a game so new being modded. It would also attract a lot of traffic to the website.

Now will people knock the "OH LOOK SMASH 4 IS COMING OUT! WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO MOD IT!?" attitude off? It's really grinding my gears.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 08:32:23 AM »

There's bound to be some sort of lawsuit with a game so new being modded.

I'm fairly certain that(I could possibly be wrong) within the first two years is when it's illegal to do anything with it, other than play it, and then afterwards it's legal to extract data and/or mod it, and then after like 20-30 years or so(Lik SNES games), that it's fine to do whatever, since the copyright's long expired. I could be misinformed on this information, though.

Mashudes
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »

I'm just asking for when it actually does become hackable.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »

Why must we have millions of people ask if Smash 4 is gonna be hacked? Can you people relax and enjoy it when it comes out? I know some people may be disappointed in a few roster choices, but enjoy the game for a while before you actually mod it.

Christ.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Mashudes
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 12:19:50 AM »

Why must we have millions of people ask if Smash 4 is gonna be hacked? Can you people relax and enjoy it when it comes out? I know some people may be disappointed in a few roster choices, but enjoy the game for a while before you actually mod it.

Christ.

No need to be a [censored] about it bro. I am extremely satisfied with the roster. I can't wait to use Duck Hunt Dog (Probably gonna be my new main). I was just curious that's all. Don't be a [censored].

Pikmin1211
    Mega Kitten

The Pikmin Sergeant

• Awards Dedicated Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »

Personally I just want music mods for Sm4sh. We still barely can do that with Melee so I doubt it.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »

No need to be a [censored] about it bro. I am extremely satisfied with the roster. I can't wait to use Duck Hunt Dog (Probably gonna be my new main). I was just curious that's all. Don't be a [censored].
    He's just talking to people in general, there have been tons of people saying crap like "when can we hack smash 4?" "will people even still hack brawl once smash 4 is out??" and all that. He wasn't be a jerk to you specifically, but it sure looks like it when you don't know about how frustrated they are with other people. Sometimes anger just blows up and you get yelled at when you did nothing wrong. :/ And by "you" I mean people in general, not you specifically.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Pin Collector Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »

It still might be possible to extract the files, though, and get the data; just that you won't be able to insert data.
    There already are ways to 'extract' the data just not from the rom itself.
    And this will probably be one of the hardest smashes to hack considering we're dealing with multiple platforms here, so one will probably hacked a while before the other, if they do get hacked.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »

He's just talking to people in general, there have been tons of people saying crap like "when can we hack smash 4?" "will people even still hack brawl once smash 4 is out??" and all that. He wasn't be a jerk to you specifically, but it sure looks like it when you don't know about how frustrated they are with other people. Sometimes anger just blows up and you get yelled at when you did nothing wrong. :/ And by "you" I mean people in general, not you specifically.
    THANK YOU. You're one of the few people that understand.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 03:41:48 AM »

Sigh, Brawl modding has a long way to come, there is no need to jump ship straight away anyway, the only reason I have to mod the new smash is to make Ridley a playable character and it'd be a long time before PSA's can be made...

RebelliousTreecko
    Advanced Kitten

Lurker and hacking n00b. 3D modeler.

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »

Honestly...I kinda hope it doesn't become hackable for at least 5 or so years.

Brawl hacking has come so far, with the clone engine, model imports, voice imports, moveset hacking, etc.  Sure, SSB4 may be higher quality in some parts, but don't think any simple hacks on that could compare to Brawl's.

And I'm only just getting into hacking and I don't wanna be left behind, so there's that...

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Pin Collector Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »

Honestly...I kinda hope it doesn't become hackable for at least 5 or so years.

Brawl hacking has come so far, with the clone engine, model imports, voice imports, moveset hacking, etc.  Sure, SSB4 may be higher quality in some parts, but don't think any simple hacks on that could compare to Brawl's.

And I'm only just getting into hacking and I don't wanna be left behind, so there's that...
    5 or so years? That's definitely too much to ask. We've already gotten to importing custom text and image files in games, just look at Pokemon X and Y. I might be completely wrong on this, but I'd be really surprised if it isn't hacked by the end of this year.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: