Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need help understanding why so many god damn people make texture hacks.  (Read 1774 times)
kadapunny
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:52:41 AM »

Pls. Stop. I may not make much stuff, but when I do, it's not a god damn plain old texture hack. It has -something- different from the norm. Can there just be a recolor folder to shuffle away this sad excuse for a hack? Just look at Gamidame_K! He makes beautiful things! Pls. ;_; I just want something to see that'll make me cry tears of joy for once.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 05:12:15 AM »

Pls. Stop. I may not make much stuff, but when I do, it's not a god damn plain old texture hack. It has -something- different from the norm. Can there just be a recolor folder to shuffle away this sad excuse for a hack? Just look at Gamidame_K! He makes beautiful things! Pls. ;_; I just want something to see that'll make me cry tears of joy for once.

It's because since hacking Brawl isn't like normal 3d modeling or animating, you have to do special stuff in order to do those things(Including usually 3DS Max), but with textures, you can make them normally and just import them. As for "A recolor folder to shuffle these away", there is; it's called the Brawl Vault Search, where you search for "or" and just don't include "retextures".

P.S. This should probably be in a different section, and it's not a good idea to complain about it; just ask how to fix it.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:30:10 AM »

You can't stop people from doing texture hacks, since that is a thing that's allowed on the Vault. Some people can do amazing things with it. When Brawl Hacking just started, Texture hacks were the only things people can do. And to this day, it is one of the more easier methods of Brawl Hacking (If not, BRSTMs). As you may or may not know, Hacks such as Model Imports require the use of 3DS Max, and that is quite a big program that not everyone has access to.

If you can't stand Texture Hacks, use the search feature to filter out the texture hacks.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 08:22:58 AM »

I need help understanding why so many god damn people think the help section is an appropriate place to make posts like these.

If you're gonna [censored] about the content on the Vault, do it in off-topic. Locked.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: