Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14
Author Topic: Pay me to program for you (Expired)  (Read 65805 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »

Onion-Skinning for animation would be nice too.

I'm having trouble interpreting exactly what your saying o.o What kind of animation are we talking about?

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 10:32:27 PM »

REFF Data editing maybe?

You mean editing REFF animations? Because the rest of the REFF data is all editable. You can even add new entries.

I'm having trouble interpreting exactly what your saying o.o What kind of animation are we talking about?

Apparently it's just a weird term to describe transparent frames before and/or after the current one.
    Like, ghosts of the next and prev frames as reference.

Anyway I could do both of those things for $35 and $15 respectively.
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:34:17 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »

Apparently it's just a weird term to describe transparent frames before and/or after the current one.
    Like, ghosts of the next and prev frames as reference.

Anyway I could do both of those things for $35 and $15 respectively.

Yea i figured that's what he meant by that, i just didn't know what animations he was talking about in specific. You should totally put these features in the OP with the total price and currently allocated cash type thing. That way people who happen upon this thread can see some choices right off the bat Smiley

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »

I live here now!

if people start paying, I might help out if I have the money

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »

yeah seeing reff on bb would be great lost of times we just guess on what they will look like it would be cool if we saw reff animation preview on bb itself.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »

Questions: 1, if someone pays you a job, Will it be official release or just to that person?

2. How much Would it cost to buy a fully working Ikarus? With the PSA able to rebuild like adding articles, add/delete params and Such?

Stupid Tinypic :C

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »

Questions: 1, if someone pays you a job, Will it be official release or just to that person?

The feature will be included in the next official release. I'm not going to keep track of private builds.

2. How much Would it cost to buy a fully working Ikarus? With the PSA able to rebuild like adding articles, add/delete params and Such?

Oh jeez. I dunno. To get it in a usable state at LEAST... $175? That wouldn't include any extra emulation work or work on the improved script editor. It would also not include adding articles especially. I don't think we'll be able to add articles unless we fully understand how character modules work and are able to tell it that it needs to read a new article in the moveset file. The offsets in the moveset file involving articles are pretty much random, which means how they're read is dictated somewhere else, aka the rel.

I live here now!

Welcome, we have been waiting.

yeah seeing reff on bb would be great lost of times we just guess on what they will look like it would be cool if we saw reff animation preview on bb itself.

A preview of reff effects would probably be a bit expensive, unfortunately. There are so many reff parameters that would need to be used. When I don't know how to implement a feature off the top of my head, or when I know the feature will take me a long time to implement, the price goes up.

You should totally put these features in the OP with the total price and currently allocated cash type thing. That way people who happen upon this thread can see some choices right off the bat Smiley

I will do that.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:23:56 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: September 26, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »

well, I won't say it's a bad idea, but letting it happen will make me lose faith in the project...

I have no faith in a project when the developer is doing things for money rather than for the benefit of others.

if the result is still for the benefit, then great, but due to the money aspect, brbx will never look good to me if done like that.

if (as a retort) you want me to pick it up, don't bother:
    1: I now hate C# with a passsion and will only learn it for reading code (not writing it)
    2: I'm already working on something far more advanced and have many more communities (not just hacking communities) supporting the idea

to add a bit of personal info to that, and it's something that's always been known...
    I hate money, and will always do what I can for free.
    (I would rather make an attempt to get rid of money than try to actually make it)

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »

I though we were done [censored]posting with irrelevant comments. :V

Anyway, have you thought about cooperating with Sammi_Husky and Libertyernie with the BrawlBox updates? Assuming there's enough interest from people who would be willing to pay.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: September 26, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »

(I would rather make an attempt to get rid of money than try to actually make it)

I'll even give you features for free if you let me take your money off your hands for ya. It's win-win! AWESOME 2.0!

Anyway, have you thought about cooperating with Sammi_Husky and Libertyernie with the BrawlBox updates? Assuming there's enough interest from people who would be willing to pay.

I contacted them both before starting the thread, so that's covered. I still haven't heard back from Liberty, though.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: September 26, 2014, 10:06:43 PM »

I still haven't heard back from Liberty, though.

I've noticed he comes on here in somewhat spacey lengths of time so that's probably it.
    well, I won't say it's a bad idea, but letting it happen will make me lose faith in the project...

I have no faith in a project when the developer is doing things for money rather than for the benefit of others.

He's not the only one developing things now, so it's not like all features will be for money. That's not the case. The thread is saying to pay him in specific to make features that otherwise would be much more difficult for us..well at least me. Can't speak for Liberty but yea. BJ has much more experience with the source code than i, so naturally would be able to implement quicker. Also, it's only if people are willing to pay him. Smiley

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 05:24:43 AM »

The feature will be included in the next official release. I'm not going to keep track of private builds.
    oh, thats good, since it would be awful to buy programs thats already made
    Oh jeez. I dunno. To get it in a usable state at LEAST... $175? That wouldn't include any extra emulation work or work on the improved script editor. It would also not include adding articles especially. I don't think we'll be able to add articles unless we fully understand how character modules work and are able to tell it that it needs to read a new article in the moveset file. The offsets in the moveset file involving articles are pretty much random, which means how they're read is dictated somewhere else, aka the rel.
    I really want to buy one o: i mean, 175 dollars is just about 1271.76 SEK and I can affort that pretty easy atm
    also, I would love a article rebuilder! since without a proper Article rebuilder, we will have hard time to even begin to do it with or without Module editing and I want to try make it to work D:
    if you know what I mean.

a example, if I found out how to make something work in the Module file, but it requires one thing in the PSA that we cant add atm D: thats how I see it
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:26:16 AM by pikazz » Logged

Stupid Tinypic :C

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 06:46:41 AM »

what about making ikarus work for a single character?

since you said it was going to use specific rebuilding stuff per character...

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: September 27, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »

I'll even give you features for free if you let me take your money off your hands for ya. It's win-win! AWESOME 2.0!
    what money

I work for free, for fun and personal gain :3
    you should know this already BJ Tongue

EDIT:
    again, I'm not saying it's a bad idea...
    I just hope this doesn't turn into another one of "those" projects is all.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:11:10 PM by Tcll » Logged

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: September 27, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »

I work for free, for fun and personal gain :3
    you should know this already BJ Tongue

So do i Tongue It's why i've been programming bbox, and why i don't see this turning into one of *those* projects so you don't gotta worry. More specifically, because even if people don't pay BJ to do stuff, I'll still be doing other stuff. Just...probably not many huge features like some of the ones in this thread, or as fast. That is unless i significantly improve my skills and research said topic a whole lot.

The point of this thread in specific isn't "Pay for bbox features now, or bbox won't continue", it's just BJ saying that he can (for money) implement most features you guys throw at him. Whereas i cannot, and there is no guarantee that someone else will come along and do it. Do note though that im not speaking for anyone else's skills who might be / are / want to program bbox. I can only account for myself in these opinions.

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: