Pay me to program for you (Expired)

Started by BlackJax96, September 20, 2014, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Looking forward to Ikarus :-) any news will bring hype hehe. 

Ok, soyou added th features to the progeam already, or not? Also, they will be uploaded as a new version of BB/Ikarus or they will be an update of V0.73?

have now paid BJ96 his first payment so now Ikarus should be in progress!
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: Ashley and Red on October 31, 2014, 02:35:20 PM
Ok, soyou added th features to the progeam already, or not? Also, they will be uploaded as a new version of BB/Ikarus or they will be an update of V0.73?

They will be included in the next official release, based on the repo that me, Liberty, and BJ are all committing to. (as well as anyone else who contributes to the source).

Quote from: pikazz on October 31, 2014, 05:28:43 PM
have now paid BJ96 his first payment so now Ikarus should be in progress!
Likewise pikazz.   Let the enjoyment begin!   

Can't wait for the end of November for next payment.  Ikarus will be my next thing looking forward to it

I don't know if there will be much to preview visually - all I'm doing is making the program usable. That means it will be stable and able to read and write all moveset data properly. I'll probably need some help researching fixes for some bugs that Brawlbox had when writing the file, though, so I'll probably wind up working with you guys to iron those out. Should be hype enough.

question about Ikarus, will we be able to edit everything?
like adding section to example new ActionOverride, Glide, Jump, Miscsection, Articles, "Params" with everything is able to rebuild? o:
Stupid Tinypic :C

I can't guarantee you'll be able to add those things. That's not something I can control without knowing how to edit the REL file's code.

Like I said, the RELs (or DOL?) tell the game how to read the moveset files - they're not as flexible as BRRES files. Actually now that I think about it, BRRES isn't all that flexible either. You add a new miscdata or model and the game doesn't even care. Same thing with the moveset file. You can add the data, but that doesn't guarantee the game will read it. It will also be a pain in the ass for me to support reading files with added articles or parameters because there's hardcoded stuff for reading each character's file.

I was paid to get Brawlbox's module editor all fixed and working (apparently it still doesn't work right?) so if you guys could research what the heck reads the moveset file data after that thing is working, that would help out a lot. I will do what I can.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 01, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
I can't guarantee you'll be able to add those things. That's not something I can control without knowing how to edit the REL file's code.

Like I said, the RELs (or DOL?) tell the game how to read the moveset files - they're not as flexible as BRRES files. Actually now that I think about it, BRRES isn't all that flexible either. You add a new miscdata or model and the game doesn't even care. Same thing with the moveset file. You can add the data, but that doesn't guarantee the game will read it. It will also be a pain in the ass for me to support reading files with added articles or parameters because there's hardcoded stuff for reading each character's file.

I was paid to get Brawlbox's module editor all fixed and working (apparently it still doesn't work right?) so if you guys could research what the heck reads the moveset file data after that thing is working, that would help out a lot. I will do what I can.
thats the point of the whole thing, making it able to be added with everything makes it easier to find whats missing in the module. I know it will not be read ingame since the module controll everything but that makes it atleast "that" step done

let say I found a way to add actions in module with your fixed module editior, but the PSA editor doesnt let me add one more action without letting me add one manually in hex would be tendious. it would be the same scenario if we found how to add articles but we cant add a article in the PSA editor D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

I know what you mean, but that means I have to set up some kind of external architecture that can tell Ikarus how the file needs to be read without using the module.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 01, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
I will do what I can.

The following features have been bought and are now in progress:
- Front/Back/Side viewports
- Stable model visibility editing in Ikarus
- Render UV templates
- Reimport MDL0 button
- Better linear animation editing (GW)
- Jump to animation name by typing the name (Ikarus)
- Fix import/export of physics files
- Descriptions for material and shader properties
- Full material/shader tutorial to be posted here
- Update bone properties all at once in the child tree
- Intuitive shading editor (still no shader viewing though...)

You can thank Theytah. I'll be sure to post previews of stuff

I recommend you edit the OP to include other features you've priced and set some as paid.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Ghost Br3 on November 03, 2014, 12:21:21 AM
I recommend you edit the OP to include other features you've priced and set some as paid.

you can't tell me how to live my life!!!

but yeah, done :P

cant wait to see how ikarus turns out.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.