Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom Stage Freezes Upon Loading  (Read 3687 times)
Notshane
Advanced Kitten

• Awards King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 27, 2014, 02:21:33 AM »

So I tried to replace a normal stage with a custom stage I got, this one:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36395

Here is the step-by-step on what I did:

1) Deleted "STGSTADIUM.pac" (from pf\stage\melee)
    2) Put the custom stage in and renamed it to the previously deleted "STGSTADIUM.pac"
    3) There were no ".brstm" music files from "Pokémon Stadium 2" that I needed to replace, so I just added in my custom music, looked up what I should name the songs then named them from H01-H05, each song being a custom song (from pf\sound\strm)
    4) Put custom textures in "STGSTADIUM.pac" via "BrawlStageManager" (for the way it'd appear in stage selection)

I think I did everything right, but still the stage freezes (new textures on stage selection show up fine, though) so I have been pondering what I could have done wrong for a while now, I didn't add a stage or anything I renamed my custom stage so it'd be in the same spot as Pokémon Stadium 2 previously was, and it was a legit stage file so that should've been loaded fine. Idk if the custom music would have loaded or not, since all I did was put it in the sound folder, or if the music itself crashed the game. Either way, all help is appreciated.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:32:27 AM »

Pretty sure you can't just rename a stage and it will be placed over another; I think you need a .rel for that. I think there's a handy .rel maker in the Resources Page.

Notshane
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 02:31:38 PM »

Well it loaded the textures just fine, like I said, just couldn't load the stage itself. I assume it's the "Online .rel Converter" I should be after then, though.

Oh, and well we're on topic for .rel files, I got a Waluigi over Pit ("http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23028&Moderated=All") mod but I never heard any Waluigi sounds, or anything like that. However, the same person redid him to fit over King Dedede ("http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=3350", third one on the list; "http://www.mediafire.com/download/kqvjatjmq7g44mh/Dedede-1.rar" is the direct link) and that came with a .rel file, I assume that's a sound file? Well, anyway I tried this version but he never loaded. The models looked like there were much less of them than there were on the original Pit conversion, so Idk if it's significantly different from it or not so I just renamed the modified Dedede .rel file to Pit in hopes it would load the Pit version with sounds, but that didn't do anything and just froze again. So I went back to the plain Pit version, with no .rel of it's own, and still no sounds. How can I put him over the Dedede slot, or give the Pit version sounds?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »

Well it loaded the textures just fine, like I said, just couldn't load the stage itself. I assume it's the "Online .rel Converter" I should be after then, though.

Oh, and well we're on topic for .rel files, I got a Waluigi over Pit ("http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23028&Moderated=All") mod but I never heard any Waluigi sounds, or anything like that. However, the same person redid him to fit over King Dedede ("http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=3350", third one on the list; "http://www.mediafire.com/download/kqvjatjmq7g44mh/Dedede-1.rar" is the direct link) and that came with a .rel file, I assume that's a sound file? Well, anyway I tried this version but he never loaded. The models looked like there were much less of them than there were on the original Pit conversion, so Idk if it's significantly different from it or not so I just renamed the modified Dedede .rel file to Pit in hopes it would load the Pit version with sounds, but that didn't do anything and just froze again. So I went back to the plain Pit version, with no .rel of it's own, and still no sounds. How can I put him over the Dedede slot, or give the Pit version sounds?

Nope; a .rel is a file that goes in the "module" folder; this .rel file's function is to say what is placed over what.(For example, it's what states that FitMario00.pac goes over the normal Mario palette.) And yes, the "Online .rel Converter" is what you want; that's what's used for stages.

P.S. You can go to a specific hack's link(For people who need to help you to scroll less through stuff) by pressing this button:

Notshane
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »

Ohh, I see. Well, I am not too good at programming, but if you knew of another way I could place Waluigi over King Dedede instead of Pit I'd appreciate that a lot because I need Pit's slot open for Isaac and so I don't wanna choose who goes over Pit.

And thank you for answering my questions politely, I have had some people (not on this forum) normally answer rather angrily and it made me feel bad Sad so I appreciate your kindness.

EDIT: Oh, I went to the Online Converter and it appears I do not see an option to add a custom stage base, I just get a selection of alternatives I can use from Melee to port over Brawl stages. How do I put in custom stages?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, the stage said it was based off of the Brawl Final Destination, so I used that .rel to port over the Pokémon Stadium 2 it's all good now.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:10:35 PM by Notshane » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »

Ohh, I see. Well, I am not too good at programming, but if you knew of another way I could place Waluigi over King Dedede instead of Pit I'd appreciate that a lot because I need Pit's slot open for Isaac and so I don't wanna choose who goes over Pit.

And thank you for answering my questions politely, I have had some people (not on this forum) normally answer rather angrily and it made me feel bad Sad so I appreciate your kindness.

EDIT: Oh, I went to the Online Converter and it appears I do not see an option to add a custom stage base, I just get a selection of alternatives I can use from Melee to port over Brawl stages. How do I put in custom stages?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, the stage said it was based off of the Brawl Final Destination, so I used that .rel to port over the Pokémon Stadium 2 it's all good now.

Great that you got it working! Smiley
    Also, to not replace Pit, you don't have to necessarily replace Dedede; you could either look for a search to put Waluigi over someone other than Pit, as well as using BrawlEx, to add clones of characters.(They're not actual clones; they're clones of the original folders, so that you can have extra characters.)

Notshane
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 02:26:55 AM »

I successfully ported Waluigi over Diddy Kong so it's all good now! And I shouldn't have to worry about clone characters yet, simply because whenever I add a new character there are lots of normal Brawl characters I dislike as it is, so I can simply just ask for help whenever I need to port a new character over another, so I get the right files to, say replace Pit with Geno but I wanted Dedede to be replaced I can just ask here. Idk who is the main person to ask though and I don't want to always be posting new threads whenever I need a character port, so yeah if either there was an easier way to do that or someone to PM that'd help a lot.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 11:19:42 AM »

I successfully ported Waluigi over Diddy Kong so it's all good now! And I shouldn't have to worry about clone characters yet, simply because whenever I add a new character there are lots of normal Brawl characters I dislike as it is, so I can simply just ask for help whenever I need to port a new character over another, so I get the right files to, say replace Pit with Geno but I wanted Dedede to be replaced I can just ask here. Idk who is the main person to ask though and I don't want to always be posting new threads whenever I need a character port, so yeah if either there was an easier way to do that or someone to PM that'd help a lot.

Great that you got it working! Grin
    I'll PM a Brawl Vault Staff and ask him who the best person to PM for this would be.

Notshane
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »

Great, thanks! Oh, and upon porting Waluigi over to Diddy, the main problem was again the sounds for Waluigi being absent (though this time, they're actually included and it is a .sawnd file not a .rel file I was thinking of, makes sense) because Idk how to replace them over Diddy's Alongside that, I have a problem with porting Isaac over Pit as well, cause he never loads. Well, I made an article about it since it strayed away from the "Custom Stage" problem I had here (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71315.0) so, if you know anything about this too that'd be great. I also ask cause it's been up for a day and nobody has replied yet.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »

Great, thanks! Oh, and upon porting Waluigi over to Diddy, the main problem was again the sounds for Waluigi being absent (though this time, they're actually included and it is a .sawnd file not a .rel file I was thinking of, makes sense) because Idk how to replace them over Diddy's Alongside that, I have a problem with porting Isaac over Pit as well, cause he never loads. Well, I made an article about it since it strayed away from the "Custom Stage" problem I had here (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71315.0) so, if you know anything about this too that'd be great. I also ask cause it's been up for a day and nobody has replied yet.

Yeah, I don't really know much about that; also, for the a day without replies, you should give it three days or so, and as a general rule on the forums, if nobody answers after that long, it's considered that nobody knows anything about it except for maybe people who log on very rarely.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: