Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
when do i have to press X and Y? i press them both at he SSS but nothing happens. I tried pressing A with the wiimote but it didn't work either
"When the moon is full and the trees are bare- Walk through the Cemetery if you dare. Where skeletons rot and corpses fester- Locate to the tomb with the skull of a Jester. Feed him the token all shiny and new- It is then that CarnEvil will return for YOU!"

Quote from: obliterator on May 10, 2015, 05:33:18 PM
when do i have to press X and Y? i press them both at he SSS but nothing happens. I tried pressing A with the wiimote but it didn't work either

I believe you need to hit X+Y (or w/e the wiiimote uses)  before the SSS (stage select screen),  try doing it from the CSS (Character Select Screen) and see it that helps

Hey guys,
I just found this thread today, and I already have homebrew on my wii and was wondering how to load this since I'm new. Sorry, I must have missed the instructions on the first post. I'm assuming I just copy the contents from the 4GB.rar onto my SD card and load that from the homebrew channel? Will this work with USB as well I assume?

Thanks


I have several requests and problems I came up with
Problems/Bugs:
1. Vegeta's recovery is a bit poor, I always fall off a cliff
2. When you touch the green water in the deadpool level, you get Ko'd, no time to recover
3. One of Roll's skins freezes the game (The Megaman 8 one w/o the blue suit)
4. I have no idea how to get the stamina higher, it only goes up to 300
5. The AI always starts at lvl 0 or 10, whenever I try to change the rules or mess up on the stage selection, it goes back to lvl 0 or 10
6. Game freezes when you enter My Music
Requests:
1. The Max levels should be gone, waste of space in my opinion
2. I found this ( http://smashboards.com/threads/brawlex-thread-brawl-with-80-characters.351153/ ) and it has characters such as Lloyd Irving, Piccolo, Gotenks, Tifa and Krillin
3. Replace Ridley with the project m one, this Ridley is too small, while the PM one is in a proper size and has a good moveset
4. Change Vegeta's forward special, nothing too special
5. ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202715 ) This has Tom Nook and Toon Zelda
6. The 4 Alloys so some could edit them or use them for test dummies
7. ( http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-patt-edition-development-permanently-discontinued.335820/ ) This has so many skins that you could use
8. Mabye replace Hector with Chrom? He is a highly wanted character

I do hope you read this and keep up the fantastic work!

Okay, I'm back with good news. I had a conversation with Don Jon about the coding and we think we know what the problem is :)

SO, this means that the the stage issue that's been our big hurdle for this next release could be over soon!

In the mean time, I need people to send me PSAs that they think would be good for Brawl 4 All. for review. I see a couple of suggestions in the thread, but since the stage mods that we want have all been downloaded and are being prepared for the pack, I just need some suggestions for PSAs. Particularly, PSAs that don't need a lot of fixing.

So feel free to post some PSA links for review. Chances are, they won't all make it in due to space limitations, and we are saving some space for future PSAs, but I want to make it up to everyone for taking longer than normal for a release, so I'm going to really try and fit as much content in this next DL. So link me PSAs that you think everyone would really enjoy, and we'll see if we can't get this thing done soon :)

Thanks for waiting! In the mean time, just know that it's being worked on.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on May 24, 2015, 07:06:31 PM
Okay, I'm back with good news. I had a conversation with Don Jon about the coding and we think we know what the problem is :)

SO, this means that the the stage issue that's been our big hurdle for this next release could be over soon!

In the mean time, I need people to send me PSAs that they think would be good for Brawl 4 All. for review. I see a couple of suggestions in the thread, but since the stage mods that we want have all been downloaded and are being prepared for the pack, I just need some suggestions for PSAs. Particularly, PSAs that don't need a lot of fixing.

So feel free to post some PSA links for review. Chances are, they won't all make it in due to space limitations, and we are saving some space for future PSAs, but I want to make it up to everyone for taking longer than normal for a release, so I'm going to really try and fit as much content in this next DL. So link me PSAs that you think everyone would really enjoy, and we'll see if we can't get this thing done soon :)

Thanks for waiting! In the mean time, just know that it's being worked on.

What about using SilentDoom's/Albafika's Cloud Strife?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24056

I know it is a little OP, but I recommend this to be used for Cloud, and the current Cloud PSA could be used for Zack Fair.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on May 24, 2015, 10:28:37 PM
What about using SilentDoom's/Albafika's Cloud Strife?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24056

I know it is a little OP, but I recommend this to be used for Cloud, and the current Cloud PSA could be used for Zack Fair.
You're acting like it's hard to nerf characters.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on May 24, 2015, 10:28:37 PM
What about using SilentDoom's/Albafika's Cloud Strife?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24056

I know it is a little OP, but I recommend this to be used for Cloud, and the current Cloud PSA could be used for Zack Fair.

That was my exact thought. That cloud psa is a good one maybe we can use it to put him and Zack on the same slot.

Quote from: brawlboy22 on May 25, 2015, 12:47:36 AM
That was my exact thought. That cloud psa is a good one maybe we can use it to put him and Zack on the same slot.

Unfortunately, given my understanding of combining them, they're both too big to fit together in one slot. My partner at the time, Itman, became very good at it, but I've been out of contact with him. So for the time being, they'll have to be in seperate slots.

But let's think about this as a group... Is Zack Fair worthy of having his slot? I know I have some questionable representation, but if we all feel Zack Fair would be a fine character, then we can make the old slot Zack. :)

But if there's another FF character who could be represented by that moveset with a model over Ike already rigged then we could try that too or use it as an alternate. I'm just throwing out ideas for peer review. There's a lot of FF 7 representation.

Let's think about it. Eitherway, I think it's a good idea :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

I did find a mod with some extra characters such as Chrom, Lighting and a lot of bleach and naruto characters
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=70882.0
However, Chrom is just an ike skin but has his own slot, mabye giving him Hector's moveset?

 Hi Nebulon, I'm new to brawl hacking and love this hack pack, but I just wanted to know if there was any possible way to make all of the stages on the 4gb version fit into 2gb. I love all of the stages you put into the 4gb version, and I want to try them all out on a 2gb SD card. And if there is no way, could you please tell me which 4gb SD card to get? All of the ones I see are SDHC's.

I have a slight issue. Before, I used to be able to go up to 990 stamina but when I just tried it, it could only go up to 300... Is there a reason for this or am I not doing something correctly

Quote from: itsjojotime on May 25, 2015, 03:37:24 PM
Hi Nebulon, I'm new to brawl hacking and love this hack pack, but I just wanted to know if there was any possible way to make all of the stages on the 4gb version fit into 2gb. I love all of the stages you put into the 4gb version, and I want to try them all out on a 2gb SD card. And if there is no way, could you please tell me which 4gb SD card to get? All of the ones I see are SDHC's.

I pmed you :)

Quote from: Finox on May 25, 2015, 04:09:02 PM
I have a slight issue. Before, I used to be able to go up to 990 stamina but when I just tried it, it could only go up to 300... Is there a reason for this or am I not doing something correctly
Quote from: Finox on May 25, 2015, 04:09:02 PM
I have a slight issue. Before, I used to be able to go up to 990 stamina but when I just tried it, it could only go up to 300... Is there a reason for this or am I not doing something correctly
Quote from: Finox on May 25, 2015, 04:09:02 PM
I have a slight issue. Before, I used to be able to go up to 990 stamina but when I just tried it, it could only go up to 300... Is there a reason for this or am I not doing something correctly

The coding conflicted somewhere so we've taken it out for now :/ it caused Turbo mode to freeze. However it's possible we may just need to reorganize and implement it later. I doubt it will make this release.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: dan72588 on May 20, 2015, 01:32:21 PM
Hey guys,
I just found this thread today, and I already have homebrew on my wii and was wondering how to load this since I'm new. Sorry, I must have missed the instructions on the first post. I'm assuming I just copy the contents from the 4GB.rar onto my SD card and load that from the homebrew channel? Will this work with USB as well I assume?

Thanks

I have this exact same question

Edit: I got it to work.  The possible problem(s) was that I had ocarina off, I tried using the 2GB Brawl4All on the 4GB SD Card, I had project m already installed, or I just did something else wrong, I'm not sure.

When you load from Usb Use a usb loader, turn on ocarina, and make sure the files are in the right spot, I think that's where I messed up at.