Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
minor issue that is not really important. gohan's name in battle says kakashi.


http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
superben shorts: 6
micro superben: 4
2 stupid power rangers: 1
Ben's answering machine: 2
----------
photobucket name

superben_2007

I can't quote on my phone, so I'll try this.
@LordTimzki @roadkill630 Did you guys try using the X+Y button combination? I experimented with a lot of combinations and I think that one brought me back to pages 1 and 2 from pages 5 and 6.

Hey so I've encountered a large issue. After a few matches, the CSS and main menu started playing a low quality smash bros theme (it kind of sounds corrupted), instead of the kickass remix. And all of the stages are playing this quiet/slightly corrupted version of the mario 1-1 theme, the music title that shows up at the start of each match is blank, and a scratchy corrupted sounding noise happens at the start of every match. Aside from that strangely, there are no issues anywhere else. I am running this mod with a digital backup running from cfg-loader, with the hoktype as OSSleepThread. The mod itself is sitting on a 32GB SHHC class 4 card.

Hi Nebulon.
I really admire the work you've done with your brawlex how everything is organized and offical but I'd like to ask a question about your method.

I've already read your tutorial about making your clones have their own GFX. I followed it applied it to some of mine however I'm still having some graphical hiccups. Specifically with Viewtiful Joe and Geno clones of Captain Falcon and ROB respectively. I've noticed that their moves that use brresless EFLS conflict with each other and the first chacter loaded has the dominant GFX (Example If Joe ad Falcon are in the same fight sometimes for his up b I see the proper GFX but captain falcon's fire moves have joe's GFX and vice versa.) And for Geeno no matter what I replace the GFX with the beam texture does not work and to make things worse his up b and neutral b GFX overlap with other rob clones

I'm wondering if there's an extra step I'm missing or something specific to these characters. I thought I did everything right... Should I rename the EFLS files?
Forget the reason that we hack,
oddly enough I don't even know why I started

Quote from: itsjojotime on July 16, 2015, 10:58:54 PM
I can't quote on my phone, so I'll try this.
@LordTimzki @roadkill630 Did you guys try using the X+Y button combination? I experimented with a lot of combinations and I think that one brought me back to pages 1 and 2 from pages 5 and 6.
Ya i tried that already

@LordTimzki I actually got it to go back to pages 1 and 2 through using the L+Z button combination on pages 5 and 6. It still doesn't work for you that way?

Quote from: itsjojotime on July 17, 2015, 01:23:26 AM
@LordTimzki I actually got it to go back to pages 1 and 2 through using the L+Z button combination on pages 5 and 6. It still doesn't work for you that way?
nvm it works again just had to restart game

I would like to thank everyone for being a big help in finding bugs/things we forgot to put in. Please continue to do so. We may not reply but we are making the fixes. For big things especially involving coding please feel free to pm me.

Also I wanna know how everyone feels about the balancing of the game if there's a character with to much PM me that to. Thanks everyone.

Quote from: brawlboy22 on July 17, 2015, 03:11:44 AM
I would like to thank everyone for being a big help in finding bugs/things we forgot to put in. Please continue to do so. We may not reply but we are making the fixes. For big things especially involving coding please feel free to pm me.

Also I wanna know how everyone feels about the balancing of the game if there's a character with to much PM me that to. Thanks everyone.

Just a good tip:
Separate the pack in at least 3 parts, so people don't have problems with the download and have the files corrupted or incomplete.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

^Exactly :) I've already made some fixes.

At this rate, I might as well call this a Beta. Aha! But rest assured, Brawlboy and I will get it done.

And if someone wants to help with music, let me know. Someone posted here a while ago (Though I can't find it) about BRSTMs. If that person is still around, please pm me. I've got some things I need help with :)

Quote from: EnKaYea on July 16, 2015, 11:52:08 PM
Hi Nebulon.
I really admire the work you've done with your brawlex how everything is organized and offical but I'd like to ask a question about your method.

I've already read your tutorial about making your clones have their own GFX. I followed it applied it to some of mine however I'm still having some graphical hiccups. Specifically with Viewtiful Joe and Geno clones of Captain Falcon and ROB respectively. I've noticed that their moves that use brresless EFLS conflict with each other and the first chacter loaded has the dominant GFX (Example If Joe ad Falcon are in the same fight sometimes for his up b I see the proper GFX but captain falcon's fire moves have joe's GFX and vice versa.) And for Geeno no matter what I replace the GFX with the beam texture does not work and to make things worse his up b and neutral b GFX overlap with other rob clones

I'm wondering if there's an extra step I'm missing or something specific to these characters. I thought I did everything right... Should I rename the EFLS files?

Honestly, that tut is outdated. You don't actually need to use an enemy ef_file. Instead, just name the ef_file the proper enemy name according to the programming (Check this out for the proper spelling of the names, since some of them are the Japanese names: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Effect.pac_IDs) and change the IDs in the .pac of the GFX to match the hex (or Dec if using BB) ID of the ef_file you decide to use.

As for what you're talking about, I had this problem when working with Dante and Ike. The key is to rename the EFLS entries. Say the name is something like "Charizardfireball". You'll notice that it won't use a model (model is set to "false") so it won't have a model number either. The game knows what effect to load based on the name "Charizardfireball". So what you'd do here is go into VJoe's Ef_file, and rename the EFLS entries (I'd just add a V at the end of them or something) and then find the actual effects in the .pac file using a BB. I believe most (if not all) of the time the effects associated with names will be in the "REFT" section. Change the name of the effect to whatever you named the entry in the EFLS, and you SHOULD be good.

It's been a while since I did that myself as those aren't normally used.

I hope that helps :)






Anyway, back on topic:

Since I'm sort of treating this like a Beta, I'll be reuploading it again once we apply all of our fixes. I'm aiming for the weekend, but we'll see what happens. I've fixed 5 characters in total, and did some cosmetic tweaks so far. I also added in some missing files and I released a patch earlier. Brawlboy's tackling some things too, so I don't think it'll take TOO long to do :)

And due to popular demand, I'll be releasing the build in smaller chunks so that people's downloads don't take as long. I already know how I'm going to split it up. Hopefully it makes sense to everyone.

Sorry to have to do that everyone, but... well I guess this is just the nature of releasing big projects.

Sort of like a Day 1 patch, ya know? (Except a few days later). Anyway, thanks for beliving in us.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822


July 17, 2015, 05:02:50 AM #596 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:06:55 AM by MarioDox
Quote from: Gameplayer8200 on July 17, 2015, 04:30:35 AM
Why doesn't Raditz have a final smash?

Yeah... He contiune spamming kameameha thingy...

Post Merge: July 17, 2015, 05:06:55 AM

Nebulon you should divide the pack in other parts like:
Part 1:Characters & BrawlEX
Part 2:Char portraits and CSS
Part 3:Stages & Extra.

You should do that.

Quote from: MarioDox on July 17, 2015, 05:02:50 AM
Yeah... He contiune spamming kameameha thingy...

Post Merge: July 17, 2015, 05:06:55 AM

Nebulon you should divide the pack in other parts like:
Part 1:Characters & BrawlEX
Part 2:Char portraits and CSS
Part 3:Stages & Extra.

You should do that.

It'll be Everything you need for 2GB to work.

Then the 2nd part will be RSB2.

Then RSB3.

That way 2GB users don't have to download data they aren't going to use. The necessary GCTs will still be separate.


Doing it the way you proposed would require people to go into each RSB folder and put in the pieces I separated. It might confuse some users who aren't familiar with what goes where. Putting RSB folders in the app folder should be simple enough :) But thank you for your suggestion.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

You should do this pratically: RSBE:3 Zip files:Chars, Csp, stages & Extra.
Maybe the code will stay where you putted that.