Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
I know he has stopped the project, I was only wondering if they would be in the revival.
Quote from: Sparky56p on June 14, 2016, 09:29:40 PM
Currently this pack is no longer in development so unless Nebulon chosen to return to the scene there is a good chance none will be added or readded

Unfortunately,  so characters were removed due to freezing the game (Dark Samus is a prime example) others have been removed to be tweaked or replaced with a more fitting character (by Nebulons standards) as mentioned above unless Nebulon chosen to return to this project there probably won't be any more additions or alterations to this pack

Quote from: CallicoJacks on June 14, 2016, 09:47:35 PM
Hey, thanks for the response. I remember previous builds freezing half of the time. This new one barely does that.

So one last question... Would I be able to add on anything to this pack (like skins/costumes) or is it unchangeable?


Should be able to but I couldn't begin to tell you how lol,  I never got that far into the Brawl molding scene lol,  I'm sure you can find so decent tutorials to get you started though if that's what you're looking to do

Hello everyone. It's been a while, and I feel I should give and update on things.

At this point in time I'm no longer really working on Super Smash Bros. Brawl mods, but this shouldn't be mistaken for not wanting to; I do check the site occasionally, but I don't really have the means to "complete" the mod as I'd like to right now as content I could convert or use has ceased quite a bit (this site is losing some big contributors). I can see that Project M characters still aren't site legal, and most importantly, I still have problems with porting Ryu's GFX meaning that I can't make him an EX cloned character... so even if I were still around, I wouldn't have much to update everyone with.

I was having a bad day and went to this forum expecting the worst (I've been sort of hiding from it) but I can see that everyone here is still the same loving community they were when I left. You guys are awesome :) maybe I'll see some of you at a Smash convention some time? That'd be fun. If someone wanted to set that up then I'd probably come ang hang with everyone (I am East coast though, so that might not even be possible since most people I know here are West Coast or UK)

But yeah, at this point I'm not entirely sure what to do, and I'm still waiting to see what the site will allow, as beyond those characters I don't believe much was added to the build anyway (I think I added in another incomplete stage page... a Riolu slot clone to Lucario... a Black Shadow one slot mod where he uses the black bull punch... probably a bunch of glitch fixes that some might not even notice... and that's all I remember) so unless I'm mistaken, anything people have been circulating is still a ton of content and you're not missing out on too much. Or maybe I'm wrong and I did a lot more? Aha, I doubt it, it' been a while. I recently found my SD card with the build on it cracked, but I believe it can still be ran... anyway, I just looked at the site again and the only things I'd be able to do is add about 6 more stages that aren't recolors and are of build quality, and I'd add in one new PSA into it's own slot.

If a completely working Brawl EX Ryu is made and fully functional, then it'd help me past that hump, but PM characters are still a no-no so... :/ I know I could always just  release it without those two characters so... we'll see. Ryu's a big deal as I think I've been one of the top guys for porting GFX... and I can't port his as I can't figure out where the Hadukens are (I checked the usual spots and looked at some related sub actions and whatnot to no avail). It'd be cool to one day check back and see someone's got it figured out.

And a big "we'll see" is all I can guarantee. I can't really be swayed on this. But I do want people to know that they aren't missing on too much more content anyway. I don't know what's being shared (nor do I personally care as I did my part in removing controversial material and anything else that's circulating isn't necessarily mine anyway) but it's probably closer to what I have then everyone might think, and given the time that's passed, people may have added in more stuff then I ever did.

Sorry if this post got some people hyped. I'm still not saying goodbye, I still lurk here, some of you still talk to me through other media, but I'm stuck and while I don't want to be stuck I also don't want to take risks so... here we are.

This was and still is one of the greatest sections of my life. I'll be around from afar. 'til then.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

June 15, 2016, 03:29:39 PM #828 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:30:54 PM by CallicoJacks
Quote from: Sparky56p on June 15, 2016, 07:16:20 AM
Should be able to but I couldn't begin to tell you how lol,  I never got that far into the Brawl molding scene lol,  I'm sure you can find so decent tutorials to get you started though if that's what you're looking to do

I believe so. Thanks a million!

Post Merge: June 15, 2016, 03:30:53 PM

Quote from: Nebulon on June 15, 2016, 02:08:19 PM
Hello everyone. It's been a while, and I feel I should give and update on things.

At this point in time I'm no longer really working on Super Smash Bros. Brawl mods, but this shouldn't be mistaken for not wanting to; I do check the site occasionally, but I don't really have the means to "complete" the mod as I'd like to right now as content I could convert or use has ceased quite a bit (this site is losing some big contributors). I can see that Project M characters still aren't site legal, and most importantly, I still have problems with porting Ryu's GFX meaning that I can't make him an EX cloned character... so even if I were still around, I wouldn't have much to update everyone with.

I was having a bad day and went to this forum expecting the worst (I've been sort of hiding from it) but I can see that everyone here is still the same loving community they were when I left. You guys are awesome :) maybe I'll see some of you at a Smash convention some time? That'd be fun. If someone wanted to set that up then I'd probably come ang hang with everyone (I am East coast though, so that might not even be possible since most people I know here are West Coast or UK)

But yeah, at this point I'm not entirely sure what to do, and I'm still waiting to see what the site will allow, as beyond those characters I don't believe much was added to the build anyway (I think I added in another incomplete stage page... a Riolu slot clone to Lucario... a Black Shadow one slot mod where he uses the black bull punch... probably a bunch of glitch fixes that some might not even notice... and that's all I remember) so unless I'm mistaken, anything people have been circulating is still a ton of content and you're not missing out on too much. Or maybe I'm wrong and I did a lot more? Aha, I doubt it, it' been a while. I recently found my SD card with the build on it cracked, but I believe it can still be ran... anyway, I just looked at the site again and the only things I'd be able to do is add about 6 more stages that aren't recolors and are of build quality, and I'd add in one new PSA into it's own slot.

If a completely working Brawl EX Ryu is made and fully functional, then it'd help me past that hump, but PM characters are still a no-no so... :/ I know I could always just  release it without those two characters so... we'll see. Ryu's a big deal as I think I've been one of the top guys for porting GFX... and I can't port his as I can't figure out where the Hadukens are (I checked the usual spots and looked at some related sub actions and whatnot to no avail). It'd be cool to one day check back and see someone's got it figured out.

And a big "we'll see" is all I can guarantee. I can't really be swayed on this. But I do want people to know that they aren't missing on too much more content anyway. I don't know what's being shared (nor do I personally care as I did my part in removing controversial material and anything else that's circulating isn't necessarily mine anyway) but it's probably closer to what I have then everyone might think, and given the time that's passed, people may have added in more stuff then I ever did.

Sorry if this post got some people hyped. I'm still not saying goodbye, I still lurk here, some of you still talk to me through other media, but I'm stuck and while I don't want to be stuck I also don't want to take risks so... here we are.

This was and still is one of the greatest sections of my life. I'll be around from afar. 'til then.

I'd just like to say thank you, nebulon. You're the reason I even bought a Wii. (for 20 bucks, but still!)

June 16, 2016, 12:28:01 AM #829 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:45:52 AM by OmegaPyron
Hey, what's up? Sorry I've been extremely distant myself, but I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate everything you've done. What's funny is that I haven't checked too much on this site until today, and I noticed that you haven't either. I don't know why I find that hilarious! I guess I've been avoiding it for some reason as well...

I finally played 8 player Smash on Wii-U with some friends for the first time, as well try the new DLC characters...and it made me realize how much more superior your build is. 8 player is nice, I guess, but there are only a few selectable stages and you can't even see your character half of the time. We ended up going back to 4P anyways after a few. Cloud is "cool," but I like the one here better I think. Without Sephiroth it all seems pointless. Most of the others didn't impress me too much, not like Bawl 4 All did with T-Rex's, and 10x the amount of stages, and far more interesting characters. Let's just say the only thing that might be able to top B4A would be if everything were ported to Smash Wii-U. You're build is the definitive build of Smash, and the only one that could top it, is you. I really can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they try this masterpiece. It'll be priceless!


Post Merge: June 16, 2016, 07:45:51 AM

I'll break this up into 3 parts. Feel free to use these links as you please. I haven't tried everything (hence the "?" marks) but I certainly have preferences ("please use") This took longer than I thought it would..
Star Wars:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

DBZ Villains:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

DBZ Z Fighters
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Anime-YuGiOh/One Piece/Bleach/Berserk/AoT (Sorry, I have no clue about what's good in Naruto/One Piece/Bleach)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Cartoons/TV-TMNT, South Park
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm gonna miss this one good BrawlEx pack.
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Quote from: Nebulon on June 15, 2016, 02:08:19 PM
Hello everyone. It's been a while, and I feel I should give and update on things.

At this point in time I'm no longer really working on Super Smash Bros. Brawl mods, but this shouldn't be mistaken for not wanting to; I do check the site occasionally, but I don't really have the means to "complete" the mod as I'd like to right now as content I could convert or use has ceased quite a bit (this site is losing some big contributors). I can see that Project M characters still aren't site legal, and most importantly, I still have problems with porting Ryu's GFX meaning that I can't make him an EX cloned character... so even if I were still around, I wouldn't have much to update everyone with.

I was having a bad day and went to this forum expecting the worst (I've been sort of hiding from it) but I can see that everyone here is still the same loving community they were when I left. You guys are awesome :) maybe I'll see some of you at a Smash convention some time? That'd be fun. If someone wanted to set that up then I'd probably come ang hang with everyone (I am East coast though, so that might not even be possible since most people I know here are West Coast or UK)

But yeah, at this point I'm not entirely sure what to do, and I'm still waiting to see what the site will allow, as beyond those characters I don't believe much was added to the build anyway (I think I added in another incomplete stage page... a Riolu slot clone to Lucario... a Black Shadow one slot mod where he uses the black bull punch... probably a bunch of glitch fixes that some might not even notice... and that's all I remember) so unless I'm mistaken, anything people have been circulating is still a ton of content and you're not missing out on too much. Or maybe I'm wrong and I did a lot more? Aha, I doubt it, it' been a while. I recently found my SD card with the build on it cracked, but I believe it can still be ran... anyway, I just looked at the site again and the only things I'd be able to do is add about 6 more stages that aren't recolors and are of build quality, and I'd add in one new PSA into it's own slot.

If a completely working Brawl EX Ryu is made and fully functional, then it'd help me past that hump, but PM characters are still a no-no so... :/ I know I could always just  release it without those two characters so... we'll see. Ryu's a big deal as I think I've been one of the top guys for porting GFX... and I can't port his as I can't figure out where the Hadukens are (I checked the usual spots and looked at some related sub actions and whatnot to no avail). It'd be cool to one day check back and see someone's got it figured out.

And a big "we'll see" is all I can guarantee. I can't really be swayed on this. But I do want people to know that they aren't missing on too much more content anyway. I don't know what's being shared (nor do I personally care as I did my part in removing controversial material and anything else that's circulating isn't necessarily mine anyway) but it's probably closer to what I have then everyone might think, and given the time that's passed, people may have added in more stuff then I ever did.

Sorry if this post got some people hyped. I'm still not saying goodbye, I still lurk here, some of you still talk to me through other media, but I'm stuck and while I don't want to be stuck I also don't want to take risks so... here we are.

This was and still is one of the greatest sections of my life. I'll be around from afar. 'til then.

East coast eh?  Maybe I'll have to come kick your ass...  Beat you at your own game perhaps?  Well a guy could dream lol but I really ain't that great to begin so that's probably never gonna happen lol

As far as I'm concerned you're quite literally a God amongst these forums,  and this is by far the most superior build I've ever played,  even if it wasn't all your work you've done one hell of a job putting everything together!

Who knows,  maybe we will hear more from you in the future,  perhaps we won't,  but you've already done more than enough,  don't get me wrong,  more is welcome though ;)

Hope to hear from you again soon!

September 15, 2016, 06:07:35 PM #832 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:10:37 PM by dusty22
I hope this doesn't count as a necropost, but I am genuinely perplexed:

The topic title says "build has been removed", and I can't find the download for this on Brawl Vault anymore, and I see the link in the OP for the download has been removed and the topic title has changed... what's going on?

I noticed for another build I tried to download (MeleeMaster500's build) he linked to a few updates to his pack/build on mediafire in his description but the files had been removed by Nintendo??

Here's what it said on MediaFire:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



EDIT:
I see now in the last page there are some people talking about this... I guess it's not possible to update the OP?

So ignoring the last post:
Is there a code list for Nebulon's pack anywhere?

Huh? I didn't know it was completely removed!

Fortunately, I have it. I apparently downloaded it about a year ago. I don't think any changes were made since then. I could put up a download link to it if you want.

However, since I downloaded the pack, I've been editing it. I fixed a few issues. I replaced some characters in the original pack that I don't know or aren't interested in with characters that I like. I could also put up a download link to my edited version. Which one would you like?

Please be aware that I'm probably not going to edit my edited version any more because I plan to start my edits over from scratch using this pack as a base instead. The edited version may have a few issues of its own.
I'm probably not going to be here very often. If you want to chat, send me a message at SMWCentral.
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=20977

On the previous page a few people posted download links to some older versions of the pack.

Unfortunately though there's no code list included so if you want to use the pack with your own mods you can't really. I tried extracting the codes from his code file with this gct editor but when I tried to build a new gct file the game wouldn't work. (I'm guessing the gct editor wasn't pulling out some of the BrawlEx codes correctly)

Quote from: DPBOX on September 29, 2016, 03:52:23 PM
Huh? I didn't know it was completely removed!

Fortunately, I have it. I apparently downloaded it about a year ago. I don't think any changes were made since then. I could put up a download link to it if you want.

However, since I downloaded the pack, I've been editing it. I fixed a few issues. I replaced some characters in the original pack that I don't know or aren't interested in with characters that I like. I could also put up a download link to my edited version. Which one would you like?

Please be aware that I'm probably not going to edit my edited version any more because I plan to start my edits over from scratch using this pack as a base instead. The edited version may have a few issues of its own.

Could you please upload the original version? I'm searching everywhere but can't find it :/
That would be great :)

Please add Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Mettaton, Muffet, Asriel, Chara, or Frisk from Undertale :D
Friend Code for SSB4: 3626-0784-8669 (J8-Bit)
Please subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNcx1whZYTDfxg5aZN9iWsg

Here's the original version. At least it should be.

Quote from: orangequilavaburst29Please add Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Mettaton, Muffet, Asriel, Chara, or Frisk from Undertale

First of all, I only get well-made PSAs with almost all required pictures and other resources. Second of all, just get that stuff yourself. I posted the link, you can do whatever you want with your copy of the pack.
I'm probably not going to be here very often. If you want to chat, send me a message at SMWCentral.
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=20977

Can someone tell me how to clone characters that aren't listed in the BrawlEx engine (I.e. Captain Falcon and Zelda)? I know there are ways to do it but I can't find a proper tutorial