Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Too Many Lines of Code? How do I fix this?  (Read 3782 times)
Persona-Aya
Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
« on: February 16, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »

Hi all!

SO I'm using the 'Ocarina Cheat Code Manager', and I've put in the codes I need, but when I go to try and export the file to a GCT, I get a message saying 'More then 256 lines of code active! Please Select Less Codes!'

Is there any way I can work around this? For reference, I'm trying to use the 'File Patch Code' (the one included in the BrawlEx Clone Manager), the 'Unrestricted Pause Camera Code', the 'SDHC Extension Code', and the 'Replacement SoundBank Engine Code', all of which are kind of necessary.

I really hope there's a way, as I wish to include more codes in the future relating to adding additional stages into the game
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:58:01 PM by Persona-Aya » Logged

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:47:49 AM »

You're making sure to use only ONE of those lines of code per code, right? For example, the first line mentioned of the File Patch Code alone as a .gct file enables replacement of anything plus the unrestricted pause camera.(I know because I only copied that one line into the .gct manager to create a .gct with it, and I use this when I play modded Brawl.)

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »

That's not helping, windhunter.

Here's what you gotta do.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60023.msg1142231#msg1142231
    HEY LOOK IT'S ME.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »

I'll be sure to do that, but the other problem is that the code manager tool itself won't let me export the gct, meaning I can't actually make the .gct file to put onto the card.

I think I've already got the gameconfig.txt file anyway

Post Merge: February 17, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
    UPDATE: I tried to create one using the Gecko Codes GCT creator. I was able to create the GCT but the game would just load into a black screen and freeze on it. I've included the gameconfig.txt and it said it found the codes and didn't mention a problem with loading them.

I think I probably stuffed up using the GeckoCodes gct creator. That's why I use the Ocarina Cheat Code Manager, but it won't actually let me create one with over 256 lines of code. How do you use the GeckoCOdes gct maker? Do you just put the numbers in, or do you have to give it a title and then include the code, or some other method?

(Ironically, if I were to get rid of the Unrestricted Pause Camera code, I'd have exactly 256 lines. But I'm not getting rid of it, and I was hoping to add more code in the future anyway)

So yeah, I still need help.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:43:18 PM by Persona-Aya » Logged

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

Hey, wanna be in my gang?

• Awards Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:47:34 PM »

Are you using the one from the resources page? I just tested it and it works fine.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »

...I'm so stupid.

I thought I was using that one. Apparently I was using an older version or something, as I just downloaded the one from the resources page and it now works fine.

Thank you so much. I didn't realise I wasn't using the right version, or that there was another version at all

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: