Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texture Remix (my image manipulation tool)  (Read 3437 times)
Peardian
Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 16, 2015, 11:14:41 PM »

This is a tool I have been working on since before Christmas, and now it is finally ready for release.

Texture Remix (Beta 1.0.0) - Feb. 16, 2015

This is Texture Remix, a tool I whipped up to help people convert compressed textures ripped from modern games. Most people here who have ripped or downloaded models from an Xbox, PS3, or modern PC game have no doubt seen shadowy transparent normal maps or technicolor images that look like they are important but can't be used.

This is where Texture Remix comes in. It allows you to re-map the color channels of an image without having to do crazy Photoshop magic. When you load an image (or images) into the tool, you have access to all four channels of the image. You can then map them in any fashion to a new image. You can also split the image into four separate channel images or combine multiple images together. Up to four different images can be generated at once. I've included tutorial images inside the archive to demonstrate how to use the tool.

Keep in mind, this is a beta version. This is my first Java program, and I had to (re)learn Java just to make it. There are some features I wanted to implement that I just couldn't pull off with my current skill level. I'm going to release the source code soon, and may even put it up on GitHub if people are interested.

If you are interested in helping me develop and improve this tool, please let me know, because otherwise it probably won't get any better than it currently is.

Fancy Demonstration image!

(textures are from Sonic Generations and Halo: Combat Evolved)

Click for my stuff:

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:44:35 AM »

I'm still a little confused about what it does with the textures, though; does it increase contrast? Does it change hue levels? Does it change the color? Does it calculate what it will do with the texture?

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »

I'm still a little confused about what it does with the textures, though; does it increase contrast? Does it change hue levels? Does it change the color? Does it calculate what it will do with the texture?
    No, it lets you manipular the red, green, blue, and alpha channels of an image and create new images from them. If it still doesn't make sense to you, try it for yourself and it should become apparent.

Click for my stuff:

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 07:49:46 PM »

No, it lets you manipular the red, green, blue, and alpha channels of an image and create new images from them. If it still doesn't make sense to you, try it for yourself and it should become apparent.

Nope; that I understand; so it basically changes colors and alpha values, then.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:24:21 PM »

Wow! This is super cool, Peardian. I look forward to seeing what I can do with it!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: