Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Porting a Character over PKMN trainer in Project M  (Read 3536 times)
omegafalcon
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:00:27 AM »

Is it possible to port a character over PKMN Trainer in Project M without messing with Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur? I wanted to port a different PKMN Trainer over him, but didn't want to mess with the pokemon already there.

Also, if it is possible could somebody walk me through the steps of porting over characters. I'm familiar with cloning using the Clone Engine but I haven't ported over characters yet.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:58:59 AM »

Yup! Pokemon Trainer can be changed without changing the pokemon! He has his own folder, "poketrainer"(pokelizardon[Charizard], pokefushigisou[Ivysaur], pokezenigame[Squirtle], and finally poketrainer)

As for porting characters, if the bones are perfectly identical for both characters(i.e. Marth and Ike), you can just rename it to the corresponding name. However, most porting isn't that easy, so to do that, you can export the normal model(No need to export anything else other than the textures) and import that model over the non-Shd model of the character you're porting over, import the textures into the texture list, name them the same texture names that were in your original character, delete or add any necessary textures, and then mess with the bones to have his bones not glitch.(I dunno how to mess with character bones yet, though, though I'll eventually learn how so that I can character port)

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »

I wanted to add a completely different PKMN Trainer with(if possible) 6 different pokemon and moves. So I would be just changing the texures of the actual trainer, but I don't now how to change the pokemon or add additional pokemon.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 07:09:33 PM »

You can use cBliss to add palette swaps to the pokemon, but you would HAVE to make sure that each pokemon has EXACTLY the same amount of palette swaps, or else it won't work or will freeze.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »

So you cant add pokemon so that you can switch between 6 pokemon during the battle?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »

You can; you just have to make sure that each pokemon has exactly the same number of palette swaps. For example, Project M added 1 palette swap to each of the three pokemon, making it 6 instead of 5 each.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:55 AM »

you want to make pokemon trainer a new character? that wont work in PM because, iirc, roy uses pokemon trainer's stuff. such as his character slot, csp locations, etc.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 09:58:14 AM »

you want to make pokemon trainer a new character? that wont work in PM because, iirc, roy uses pokemon trainer's stuff. such as his character slot, csp locations, etc.

Roy's Character slot is 40 and I could always just make a new file for his/her CSP stuff right? Wouldn't it be the same as adding CPS stuff for a clone?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: