Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project M Custom Build Problem (Freezing Roy)[SOLVED]  (Read 1853 times)
Jitters0
Newbie Kitten

I have no idea what I'm doing.

View Profile Awards
« on: March 29, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »

I'm having a problem with the custom build I'm working on, selecting Roy and/or attempting to change his color options causes the game to freeze.
This first occurred when I had custom skins applied to him, so I went back and reverted to the original Project M files, but the problems still persist.
Help?

I'll upload my build if need be.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:30:54 AM by Jitters0 » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »

I'm also having trouble with custom Project M builds, but not with Roy per say. Trouble with specific CSPs. I think it has something to do with the resolution of the textures or something(Because with mine in the proper dimensions in CMPR format, they work fine in normal Brawl, but freeze upon trying to load the CSS if I try to do it with Project M)

So, I might suggest making a simple 128x160 portrait that is black text with white background and nothing else(Like, for example, a picture that says "Roy" in black against a white background) and see if this still causes freezes. If it does, I haven't a clue(As my Roy CSPs work fine apparently in P:M); if it doesn't cause freezing, that means something relevant to the texture's details or something, so try lowering how highly detailed it is or something.(Like, maybe use the program called "Color Quantizer"[Download link is in my topic in my sig that is titled "
    My list of free, useful programs"], and use my texture tutorial[that is also in my sig; use the second spoiler to see how to use the program] to lower the number of colors used, and see if that works)

Jitters0
    Newbie Kitten

I have no idea what I'm doing.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:43:27 AM »

Hmm...I tried your fix and it seems the problem is still there.
    Could it be file size related (not that I know the size limits, but still)?

Post Merge: March 30, 2015, 10:30:01 AM
    Managed to fix it somehow; I ended up changing my folder setup and that corrected it.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:30:01 AM by Jitters0 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 06:06:23 PM »

Glad you got it to work! Wink

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: