Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Smash 4 Music Hacked - Wii U now in progress!  (Read 56922 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 11:15:50 PM »

Just to clarify, this will be the official SM4SH hacking thread or?
    It could be the start of one. It's only music right now, but we can use this thread if there's any more hacking done.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »

You guys are way too attached to officigeneral threads, huh.

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »

You guys are way too attached to officigeneral threads, huh.
    Says the person who asked for this generofficial board Roll Eyes

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »

Says the person who asked for this generofficial board Roll Eyes
    Yeah, because breaking that huge Sm4sh thread into its own sub-section for people to freely discuss specific topics is the same as a generaofficial thread. Roll Eyes
    « Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:22:30 PM by Albafika » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »

Then lets make multiple hacking threads!

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 01:26:14 PM »

Then lets make multiple hacking threads!
    Of course. Just how we have done with BrawlBox, REL, cBliss, Sawndz, RSBE, and nearly all the different hacking advances Brawl had.

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »

We can worry about having 1 topic dedicated to all sm4sh hacking when there's more hacks and people making threads for the exact same info.
    And we can worry about having a sub-section with different topics when sm4sh hacking becomes actually big.

Yeah, because breaking that huge Sm4sh thread into its own sub-section for people to freely discuss specific topics is the same as a generaofficial thread. Roll Eyes
    I also like using the Roll Eyes , can I join?

Now people can post about Sm4sh in 3 different topics instead of 1. Roll Eyes
    Thanks for saving the world Anti-Christ sama Roll Eyes

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 12:00:19 AM »

I also like using the Roll Eyes , can I join?

Now people can post about Sm4sh in 3 different topics instead of 1. Roll Eyes
    Thanks for saving the world Anti-Christ sama Roll Eyes
    This section was made 3 years late. And even now, a poll was made asking for people's opinion (Which would have been made 3 years ago hadn't Miacis procrastinated a response 3 years), and this is the result. (Yes, I'm aware I said in the Poll thread "almost a year", but that's sadly not the case).

3 threads? Fine by me. General Sm4sh thread isn't and wasn't really great for specific discussions. The topic of conversations changes too fast, and if a topic was brought back up by an user that wasn't part of the 5-6 common users of that thread, someone would have most likely followed up with a "Already discussed..." right away.

According to the poll, the silent majority decided. So my take is that the vocal minority is way too loud, so I'll just ignore it from now on and see if this section does good or bad in the future.

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 03:08:34 AM »

No, this is terrible. If we get to a point where we can properly hack Smash 4 I fear most of you will abandon brawl, I don't want that, we've come so far here yet there's so much more to achieve and even if we learn how to do everything couldn't we enjoy it? Might not come to that and I hope it doesn't. Might sound stupid but I'd rather stick with brawl... (Not permanently assuming that we don't all abandon the trip filled game we've all come to love.)

Haseyo
    K-Pop Connoisseur
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container 128-bit Pro Gamer 64-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »

No, this is terrible. If we get to a point where we can properly hack Smash 4 I fear most of you will abandon brawl

That ship has sailed long ago. I barely have a chance to even approve any hacks anymore because there aren't any to approve. Unhacked Smash 4 already put a massive dent in Brawl hacking since it actually turned out to be a good Smash game.

This is merely the inevitable nail in the coffin.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

This section was made 3 years late. And even now, a poll was made asking for people's opinion (Which would have been made 3 years ago hadn't Miacis procrastinated a response 3 years), and this is the result. (Yes, I'm aware I said in the Poll thread "almost a year", but that's sadly not the case).

Okay, no, please stop. You've already posted about me being more and more "late" since we've made this section and there's only so much dead horse beating I'm willing to take about this.

Three years ago, we were arguing about what to even do with the family thread. Three years ago, all we knew was that "a new Smash is coming up some day." Even if you did ask me anything about making a Smash section back then (I honestly can't remember), and if I didn't shoot it down immediately, I probably should have. There was legit nothing to discuss about Sm4sh until it came out except for the scarce news we were getting fed, and mostly a whole lot of speculation related to said news. The "specific discussions" you mention didn't really occur until quite recently.

Yes, I should have made that section 6 months ago when the game came out. No, I didn't, because my life's been kinda [censored] lately, and I've been dedicating less time to this community. I'll take the blame. I was late 6 months, and admitted it in a sticky topic for nya's sake.

Now can we move on from this and stop bickering about who's ruining Smash topics? Because here's an idea: maybe the reason this section is not as active as before is because it's been taken out of D&C, which is always buzzing with activity. Same [censored] happened with srs discussions, and it slowly grew with time. The only sections we've made in the recent years that became very active right from the start were the ones that were entirely new fields, like say Model Hacking. Or the :>.>: forum.
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:18:50 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »

That ship has sailed long ago. I barely have a chance to even approve any hacks anymore because there aren't any to approve. Unhacked Smash 4 already put a massive dent in Brawl hacking since it actually turned out to be a good Smash game.

This is merely the inevitable nail in the coffin.
    Sm4sh is considered good? I'm confused. You're saying Brawl was considered bad and Sm4sh is good? Or just that Sm4sh is good? Either way, for what I've seen Sm4sh has been attacked by the competitive scene as much (If not more) as Brawl was.

EDIT:
    @Miacis:
    Okay, no, please stop. You've already posted about me being more and more "late" since we've made this section and there's only so much dead horse beating I'm willing to take about this.
    I brought it up because people believe I came with the idea of making this section as of the creation of that poll months ago, and not years ago. It wasn't thanks to me that the section was created this late, and that's what I pointed out here. I'm beating a dead horse? More like I'm clearing things up.

Three years ago, we were arguing about what to even do with the family thread. Three years ago, all we knew was that "a new Smash is coming up some day." Even if you did ask me anything about making a Smash section back then (I honestly can't remember), and if I didn't shoot it down immediately, I probably should have. There was legit nothing to discuss about Sm4sh until it came out except for the scarce news we were getting fed, and mostly a whole lot of speculation related to said news. The "specific discussions" you mention didn't really occur until quite recently.
    Quite recently, huh.

I first brought it to your attention after Sm4sh' E3 reveal. Yes, it wasn't 3 years ago, more like 2 years ago.

The earliest records I've got are these, sadly. And that's because my main 2 TB drive died around there, so records before these don't exist. However, it's pretty obvious I was asking you about something previously discussed (I'd usually remind you of it every 2 months after the first 4-5 months):

You could have made those sections back then in the amount you took to write this post down. I mean, are you seriously debating that? I even asked you if I could make them myself and you just told me to "Leave it for later because yadayada", and here we are.

Yes, I should have made that section 6 months ago when the game came out. No, I didn't, because my life's been kinda [censored] lately, and I've been dedicating less time to this community. I'll take the blame. I was late 6 months, and admitted it in a sticky topic for nya's sake.
    I could, again, look into your history in all that time and see if you really couldn't spare a Wall of Text to make a section, but I won't because you know I'm right.

Now can we move on from this and stop bickering about who's ruining Smash topics? Because here's an idea: maybe the reason this section is not as active as before is because it's been taken out of D&C, which is always buzzing with activity. Same [censored] happened with srs discussions, and it slowly grew with time. The only sections we've made in the recent years that became very active right from the start were the ones that were entirely new fields, like say Model Hacking. Or the :>.>: forum.
    Again, I only brought it up because I was told I made the section too late. If it had been for me, it'd have been done since the E3 reveal (Which is when I first brought it up to you).
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:33:03 PM by Albafika » Logged

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »

I love Brawl, it's Imperfections are what makes it shine.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »

Aren't we straying far from the point here?

We mention how this could be a future Sm4sh hacking thread, and it turns into Wolfric and Miacis arguing about its possibility.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 05:06:26 PM »

I think it should bare fairly obvious to everyone here that if custom music has been hacked onto the Wii U, then it's probably not a matter of "if" but "when" the rest will follow anymore.

With Brawl it was just hexing values. We didn't even HAVE custom music, and now we start with just that.

Only problem is: what tools will be required, and how will the landscape of Smash Modding change?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: