The great Pig King himself! PROJECT PORKY MINCH (PSA)

Started by PigmaskColonel, May 17, 2015, 08:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TheBrawlHacker185 on June 27, 2015, 02:56:40 PM
Well, Porky is a coward and he is too afraid to fight, maybe it's better for him to be in his Mother 3 Incarnation, this will be one of the best mods I've ever seen, good luck dude!

I was worried you would be disappointed in my decision, but I'm very happy to see you're on board. Thank you very much!

Quote from: Nebulon on June 27, 2015, 12:20:58 PM
I see. Are you using the animations for the boss as a jumping point, or are those animations incompatible?

I haven't tried yet. I'm planning on making all the animations myself, however it kind of depends... Some of the animations may be too difficult (animating the mech is hell with just how many different bones there are), as it's much different than animating you're average character with much less bones to work with.

So I really should probably try it, however I'm not sure it'll work because of how different the model is now.
I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

I would really reccomend using the game animations if possible, and trying to make the skeleton compatible... It's ao ambitious and awesome I'd hate to see you burnt out animating everything.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822


Quote from: Nebulon on June 27, 2015, 09:25:52 PM
I would really reccomend using the game animations if possible, and trying to make the skeleton compatible... It's ao ambitious and awesome I'd hate to see you burnt out animating everything.

Well, I've tried it and it seems to work fine... However, unfortunately, all the animations don't look right due to the different size of the mech's model. Porky's legs are also inside the mech in all the animations.

Also, there's an issue I want to address: You know how whenever a character turns around, they aren't mirrored? Well, I just realized that this will ruin Porky's animations, because you'll only be able to see the back of him when facing the left (he faces the screen constantly when facing the right in almost all animations)... It'll look rather awkward and you won't be able to see Porky himself. So, is it somehow possible to make animations mirrored? I feel that this could really ruin the PSA...
I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

Quote from: PigmaskColonel on June 28, 2015, 08:16:48 AM
Well, I've tried it and it seems to work fine... However, unfortunately, all the animations don't look right due to the different size of the mech's model. Porky's legs are also inside the mech in all the animations.

Also, there's an issue I want to address: You know how whenever a character turns around, they aren't mirrored? Well, I just realized that this will ruin Porky's animations, because you'll only be able to see the back of him when facing the left (he faces the screen constantly when facing the right in almost all animations)... It'll look rather awkward and you won't be able to see Porky himself. So, is it somehow possible to make animations mirrored? I feel that this could really ruin the PSA...

I'd ask in PSA help... I personally don't know :/
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Yeah completely agree, maybe it's best for him to be in his Mother 3 incarnation. And I'd love to test out Porky and give feedback! I'll probably test him out on my BrawlEx. He's going to be over Lucas right?

June 28, 2015, 07:40:03 PM #36 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:40:56 PM by PigmaskColonel
Quote from: PangEr97 on June 28, 2015, 02:01:29 PM
Yeah completely agree, maybe it's best for him to be in his Mother 3 incarnation. And I'd love to test out Porky and give feedback! I'll probably test him out on my BrawlEx. He's going to be over Lucas right?

To answer you're questions, yes, he's going over Lucas, and no, I'm still making the the essential animations before I even start messing with PSA. In other words, I'll definitely let you test him eventually, just not until I actually get him working in the game without any beeps of death.

EDIT: Updated OP with new BrawlBox screens.
I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

July 17, 2015, 02:21:10 PM #37 Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:35:03 PM by SemiPsycho
Hmm, have you been able to find anything on mirrored animations? Its funny because the boss Porky can walk both directions and not face the opposite direction.

Maybe if its small enough, he could face the opponent instead of face the screen, but that would kinda render the boss's animations useless.

Edit: I was just thinking, do the turn around animations technically reverse the direction of the character? Perhaps if it doesn't turn the character around, they will continue to walk left but still appear to walk right, bit won't matter since Porky's walking animation pretty much looks the same either way. This is just a thought, it probably won't work... -_-


You could make the model face bith ways by having two models. If it's moving one way, the other will be transparent. Vice versa. Though I wouldn't know how to code that...

Or remove all reverse directions in the coding... Unless that's hardcoded somewhere..
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

July 18, 2015, 02:27:32 AM #39 Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:33:47 AM by SemiPsycho
Yeah I was thinking that you could possibly use model switchers? Maybe its possible to have a mirrored model and include a model switcher in the turning animations that will load the mirrored model once you turn the other direction, thus rerotating it the position Porky needs to be in immediately. Maybe you can replace Lucas's bat in order to do so?

I was also thinking that at a last resort, the model could be modified to be symmetrical on both sides, with an immediate switch to the other side in the turning animation, so from the front it appears as if nothing happened. But obviously if you pause and rotate the camera you'll be able to see that there are two Porkies...


I think one thing that would be good as a taunt, would be him doing a Pigmask Salute, while making a snort sound, like a pig.

Yas that would be a good idea.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to contact Pigmask Colonel and I haven't had a computer available to work on the project. I might be able to work on it in about 5 days though.


Hello everyone...

I know it's been a while and that you probably all think this mod is dead, but I still intend on finishing this. I'm not sure if Semi is coming back, but whatever. I just have a really bad habit of getting all excited about a project, starting it, and losing my motivation to finish it.

I have another project I've been working on, actually. I'm composing a soundtrack for a Banjo-Kazooie fangame. So I'll look for some time soon to work on Porky again.

sorry for the bump huehue
I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

Lol I'm still here... using my phone. I'm fixing my laptop currently, and after its fixed, I will probably try many times to rig porky to Lucas with extra bones.