Project Wolf Link

Started by windhunter7, June 07, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.

Bowser
2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon
2 (1.9%)
Charizard
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong
4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Falco
1 (0.9%)
Fox
0 (0%)
Ice Climbers
2 (1.9%)
Ike
2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur
8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.)
6 (5.6%)
Kirby
0 (0%)
Lucario
5 (4.6%)
Lucas
1 (0.9%)
Mario
3 (2.8%)
Marth
1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight
1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch
5 (4.6%)
Ness
3 (2.8%)
Olimar
18 (16.7%)
Pikachu
1 (0.9%)
Pit
9 (8.3%)
R.O.B.
5 (4.6%)
Samus
1 (0.9%)
Snake
2 (1.9%)
Sonic
1 (0.9%)
Squirtle
1 (0.9%)
Wario
1 (0.9%)
Wolf
13 (12%)
Yoshi
3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus
3 (2.8%)
King Dedede
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 107

That's what I initially thought, and then I learned that it's only illegal if you're using non-unique resources and you're sharing them somehow. For example, Steam actually for awhile(Before they took it down because of complaints) had mods be pay-for to play them, and they were even uploaded; they were just simply non-original resources, so they were allowed; likewise, using someone else's resources to mod a request that is paid for is no different than a friend asking another friend to mod something for them with payment; in fact, it's basically a lot like a rigging service, almost.

So yes, a common misconception, that I too believed for literally years; I only found out like a couple weeks or so ago.

making money from a mod is illegal. period.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ok, looked it up and confirmed controversy, so I'll play it safe and just accept donations, then! Thanks for being stubborn! No, really! It helped me to know! So I am now gonna play it safe! :)

Stubborn FOR THE WIN!!! LOLOLOL
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

So now what?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

So, I am still going to work 100% on this project; I'm just a bit busy at the moment; but I should theoretically be able to finish all(or at least most) of my requests over the fall semester, and then I can start on Project Wolf Link, as well as another project that I'm a team member of, after that.

I solved the biggest of all Blender importing issues, so, after this semester, hopefully December, I'll start up again on Project Wolf Link! :D

P.S. I changed my rules on "Updates to This Thread"; for details, it's in the OP.

November 03, 2016, 12:02:22 AM #112 Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:06:13 AM by Xirvet
Quote from: windhunter7 on November 02, 2016, 09:38:03 PM
I solved the biggest of all Blender importing issues, so, after this semester, hopefully December, I'll start up again on Project Wolf Link! :D

P.S. I changed my rules on "Updates to This Thread"; for details, it's in the OP.
I definitly need to keep a spot open for him in my mod!

Quick question, I know you plan for his PSA to turn into Link but will there be a transformation-less version too for those of us who want him as a BrawlEx character?

I wasn't planning on it originally, but sure, that's a good thought. I wouldn't know what to replace his Down-B with, though, any ideas?

could always just do a generic chain smash i wouldn't mind.

Hmm. Dunno. I was hoping for a move that would more reference the game.

I think his down b should be energy field, and his final smash should be midna fused with the shadow thingies and wolf link just biting the he\\ out of em
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

So here's what I'm gonna do: I'm going to do half-and-half of your ideas, while still incorporating my own, by using the regular hold-down-B-and-release spin; that way, it's similar to a chain smash(i.e. the same hitboxes), it's his energy field(but without the actual energy, because that really should stick as the FS, since it's way too op to be a regular move), and it will also reference the game a good amount. :)

P.S. The part with Midna being fused with the shadow pieces is actually solely a Midna thing; it doesn't even relate to Wolf Link. That, and in the far, far distant future I'll also make a Midna moveset, where that will actually be her FS.(And yes, this version of Midna will be Wolf Link independent)

How's the project
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Still on hold for now, but some time this week, or next Sunday(the 1st of January), I will resume the project and start on the importation and tutorial. :)