PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!

Started by Sirkura, July 19, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hey been following this for awhile and finally got this. Nice work I've been waiting to use this for awhile. I notice a problem with Roy and Mewtwo. They have the wrong victory music. They are switched around. Can someone help me fix this? Also, Ridley doesn't have his stock icons in the results screen but I know how to fix that so no problem. Just the victory music for Mewtwo and Roy I need help with and if someone knows how to change Ridley's victory theme to match Metroid characters that would be helpful as well.

Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 05, 2016, 07:49:30 AM
Hey been following this for awhile and finally got this. Nice work I've been waiting to use this for awhile. I notice a problem with Roy and Mewtwo. They have the wrong victory music. They are switched around. Can someone help me fix this? Also, Ridley doesn't have his stock icons in the results screen but I know how to fix that so no problem. Just the victory music for Mewtwo and Roy I need help with and if someone knows how to change Ridley's victory theme to match Metroid characters that would be helpful as well.

I just checked to see if it happens to me and it does. I tried switching the victory themes for Slot3F and Slot40 and nothing happened! I'm kinda stumped now...

But I did make Ridley have the Metroid victory theme:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wzz5lht7imde10c/Slot43.dat


Thank you for the help. Now there's just the problem with Mewtwo and Roy's victory music

Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 06, 2016, 10:15:54 PM
Thank you for the help. Now there's just the problem with Mewtwo and Roy's victory music

I'll keep working on it. Did you find the solution to the result screen?


Quote from: SemiPsycho on March 07, 2016, 12:42:58 AM
I'll keep working on it. Did you find the solution to the result screen?
For Ridley's stock icons? Yeah I fixed that. If you're talking about the victory music of Roy and Mewtwo I have no clue what's going on there.

Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 07, 2016, 03:59:56 AM
For Ridley's stock icons? Yeah I fixed that. If you're talking about the victory music of Roy and Mewtwo I have no clue what's going on there.

Could you tell us what you did or send us your STGRESULT.pac? :3
I saw in Ridley's cosmetic config that his ID for portraits and icons is 41 in decimal, so in the results pac it should go InfStock.411-418 right? I tried adding those into MiscData120 and all of his icons were still the same Toon Link icon in the results screen.

The ID for victory music is in SlotConfig, and I was pretty confident that SlotConfig3F and 40 belonged to Mewtwo and Roy... so I tried editing those and literally nothing changed in game.


Quote from: SemiPsycho on March 07, 2016, 05:14:46 AM
Could you tell us what you did or send us your STGRESULT.pac? :3
I saw in Ridley's cosmetic config that his ID for portraits and icons is 41 in decimal, so in the results pac it should go InfStock.411-418 right? I tried adding those into MiscData120 and all of his icons were still the same Toon Link icon in the results screen.

The ID for victory music is in SlotConfig, and I was pretty confident that SlotConfig3F and 40 belonged to Mewtwo and Roy... so I tried editing those and literally nothing changed in game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SjOt6wl7okajUyaDc2M0pvSUU/view?usp=sharing
Here is the link. However, you may need to edit Mario's stock icons to what were originally since I changed his costumes.

You add the stock images in MiscData120 named InfStc.411, InfStc.412...etc. Then go to MiscData110/AnmTexPat/InfStockface_TopN_0/stock_lambert87/Texture0. In there you have to make a new entry and name them Inf.Stc.411, InfStc. 412..etc just like the stock images. and make sure the frame index matches the number and underneath that the texture and palette should say Inf.Stc.411...Inf.Stc.412 etc

Hope this helps and I'm not sure if 3F and 40 are the slots for Mewtwo and Roy. It may be one of the other ones.

I also edited Ridley on the character select menu so that the announcer doesn't say anything and he roars like Bowser instead of saying "The fight is on" like Pit on the Wii remote. Do you want that as well?

Quote from: Blazin Life Bandicoot on March 07, 2016, 05:42:25 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_SjOt6wl7okajUyaDc2M0pvSUU/view?usp=sharing
Here is the link. However, you may need to edit Mario's stock icons to what were originally since I changed his costumes.

You add the stock images in MiscData120 named InfStc.411, InfStc.412...etc. Then go to MiscData110/AnmTexPat/InfStockface_TopN_0/stock_lambert87/Texture0. In there you have to make a new entry and name them Inf.Stc.411, InfStc. 412..etc just like the stock images. and make sure the frame index matches the number and underneath that the texture and palette should say Inf.Stc.411...Inf.Stc.412 etc

Hope this helps and I'm not sure if 3F and 40 are the slots for Mewtwo and Roy. It may be one of the other ones.

Ohhhh ok I just missed the AnmTexPat part. Thanks that helped!
And sure we could use your CSS edits! Wouldn't it be cool if someone were willing to do announcer calls requests? Right now I'm relying on my crappy sentence mixing skills... I also plan to modify the boss Ridley's sound effects some so I can use it for the clone Ridley using Brawlbox. However, the program's been giving me some issues a.k.a freezing in either BrawlBox itself or right when the game starts.

Also, I just fixed Mewtwo's and Roy's win theme. I'm going to upload it now.

Here's the download:
Actually, I'm just going to make a folder in Google Drive with all of the fixes I've made and I'll update that if need be:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9qhAVo4w1zTLXpoNHViSVlUZzA&usp=sharing

MKing579, I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with hackless hacks. Maybe you installed it incorrectly? But definitely give the new version a shot.


Oh hey! A couple things, if you don't mind. First off, you all are doing great, keep up the great work! Secondly, are you possibly getting this compatible with Retro/N64 mode? Thirdly, are you working on getting this for module so more character variety can be open or is that the BrawlEx team's job?
Lastly, I love to contribute, is there anything I could possibly do to help?

Quote from: Cyprus on March 08, 2016, 01:01:03 AM
Oh hey! A couple things, if you don't mind. First off, you all are doing great, keep up the great work! Secondly, are you possibly getting this compatible with Retro/N64 mode? Thirdly, are you working on getting this for module so more character variety can be open or is that the BrawlEx team's job?
Lastly, I love to contribute, is there anything I could possibly do to help?

Hey Cyprus! I don't think that Sirkura and Pyotr plan on adding any features to project m except being able to add characters via BrawlEx. Pyotr is working on the modules, but it seems he hasn't had time to show us how he makes them. I'm not "officially" working on the project, just fixing bugs here and there, so I don't exactly know what elsethey need help with.


Sounds good, if any of you need help on someone and need some assistance, I could gladly try my best to help out to the best of my abilities! Whether it may be big, or it may be small.

So I tried adding Little Mac over Jigglypuff into PMDIY, and every time Little Mac and Jigglypuff are in the same match, the game freezes right before the announcer says "GO!" Does anyone here know why? Could it be a problem with the FitCharacter.pac files interrupting each other somehow?



Woah. Just noticed 0.4 has been released. Cool!

I'm probably the only one noticing this so late. Lol

Quote from: Mr.ryuzaki L on March 13, 2016, 04:19:16 AM
try disabling the entry in the fighter config
Unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. Thanks though!
Quote from: SuperWeasel99 on March 14, 2016, 06:16:11 AM
Woah. Just noticed 0.4 has been released. Cool!

I'm probably the only one noticing this so late. Lol

Nope, I only checked because you mentioned it. Wouldn't have realized without you. I hope "Jiggs" is Jigglypuff, and it fixes the problem I'm having!

On second thought, I can't get it to work. All the clones show up as either random or Mario, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also, in v0.4 there are some config files that never used to be there that interfere with the files I have for my clones.

On third thought, I just replaced any files that could be problematic with the ones from the new update into my current setup and it seemed to have worked, except now Jigglypuff doesn't have any sound unless Little Mac is in the match, but that's a lot less significant problem.