PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!

Started by Sirkura, July 19, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Good news! we have finally got ASL + BeX working thanks to PL! he's been a massive help. the rest of the freezes we've deturmined are probably module (rel file related) and working on fixing those. i'm working close with the ProjectM XP team. expect another patch soon.

Awesome!!!!! I will be awaiting the next patch. When the patch releases i should be able to do roy and mewtwo's cosmetics done. I got a new laptop to days ago! So now i'll be able to work alot more efficiently.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Quote from: Ghost Wolf on November 30, 2015, 12:37:05 AM
Awesome!!!!! I will be awaiting the next patch. When the patch releases i should be able to do roy and mewtwo's cosmetics done. I got a new laptop to days ago! So now i'll be able to work alot more efficiently.
woot! sounds good. seems there are still many glitches with ASL only 1 alt is loading per stage. might be able to make that work for PM alone but my biggest goal has always been expanding brawl as much as i can, the team i'm working with lately has similar ideals. i've been working on my own mod during the down time i've been waiting for developement, may post a few extra goodies while we wait.

Uh, hey. I'm new here and I have a question regarding adding new characters to the mod PM:Unlimited. I want to start small by adding a separate character slot for Ridley. I want to add the Ridley mod by BaganSmashbros to the PM:Unlimited roster without replacing any characters. Is Project M D.I.Y. capable of doing this and if so, how do I do it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Quote from: thecoolguy27 on November 30, 2015, 07:49:52 AM
Uh, hey. I'm new here and I have a question regarding adding new characters to the mod PM:Unlimited. I want to start small by adding a separate character slot for Ridley. I want to add the Ridley mod by BaganSmashbros to the PM:Unlimited roster without replacing any characters. Is Project M D.I.Y. capable of doing this and if so, how do I do it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Well if you can't add a character to PM:Unlimited via brawlEx, then you would need to replace a character. D.I.Y is somewhat of a build of it's own, but it serves as a template to make your own personal build for PM with BrawlEX capabilities. If you want to have ridley as a custom character, Then D.I.Y is the way to go.

Oh and just in case every one hasn't heard about the case of PM, the team has disbanded, so no longer will there be updates, which is sad and surprising, but that also means that there will be no changes and we don't have to go through the long process of Finding and extracting codes. Also a present we've gotten from the PM devs themselves.(I'm hoping...)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Quote from: Ghost Wolf on December 02, 2015, 10:02:52 PM
Well if you can't add a character to PM:Unlimited via brawlEx, then you would need to replace a character. D.I.Y is somewhat of a build of it's own, but it serves as a template to make your own personal build for PM with BrawlEX capabilities. If you want to have ridley as a custom character, Then D.I.Y is the way to go.

Oh and just in case every one hasn't heard about the case of PM, the team has disbanded, so no longer will there be updates, which is sad and surprising, but that also means that there will be no changes and we don't have to go through the long process of Finding and extracting codes. Also a present we've gotten from the PM devs themselves.(I'm hoping...)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0p5px0c9c9jbt4c/Project_M_Codeset.txt
yep i got that thanks ^^ i'm thinking of making a community project after this is done. focused on expanding and making as much of brawl as accesible to moddign as possible.

R.I.P. Project M :( But on the bright side, we don't need to worry about deciphering codes or new updates to upgrade DIY to anymore...

And I'm guessing the thing you god working was the stages? Awesome! When will the patch be out (with the stages working)?

We are still tinkering with it. there are a few bugs in the stages still. i believe the last patch removed the ASL if i'm not mistaken, if you delete the sc_selmap.pac it might work. should give you vbrawls map screen. at least that till its fully fixed.

I also fixed the glitch where the sound wasn't working on hard hits. i realized some of the codes were missing so i added them on. the character freezing glitches remain. I also fixed luigi's fire glitch. when luigi hits some one with side special, the person being hit is supposed to be engulfed in a green fire. this wasn't present but i managed to fix it. I also added input assist and auto l cancel back. i even added some of the other missing codes, such as hold L to scroll through names faster. I have a huge feeling that the running upsmash code is there. i must investigate once more.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Quote from: Ghost Wolf on December 03, 2015, 10:30:16 PM
I also fixed the glitch where the sound wasn't working on hard hits. i realized some of the codes were missing so i added them on. the character freezing glitches remain. I also fixed luigi's fire glitch. when luigi hits some one with side special, the person being hit is supposed to be engulfed in a green fire. this wasn't present but i managed to fix it. I also added input assist and auto l cancel back. i even added some of the other missing codes, such as hold L to scroll through names faster. I have a huge feeling that the running upsmash code is there. i must investigate once more.
its really strange that codes are missing. REALLY strange. i didn't remove much and i know what codes i removed. airdodge v7, project M folder codes and masquerade. others should still be there.

Yea that sounds strange, but don't worry bout it. I'll take care of it! When I find all the issues in coding, ill add it to the new patch when you release it and I'll post the gct.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


fyi you guys, you don't even have to remove that many codes. I'm in the process of fixing all of the EXModules, so you'll only need to remove a few codes. This may also fix the ASL issues

Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on December 11, 2015, 08:40:38 PM
fyi you guys, you don't even have to remove that many codes. I'm in the process of fixing all of the EXModules, so you'll only need to remove a few codes. This may also fix the ASL issues

There will be a few things that do need to be edited codewise. the PM FPC will need to be edited to find the bc_fighter.rel and config files if you want to continue to use the PM folder. most the codes i just replaced with the BeX ones. only codese i actually removed were CSS related and masquerade. (BeX should overwrite the latter tho) I think BB derped as well. There are codes missing I know for a fact I never touched. i have no clue how they vanished. its like the last codes were just cut off when making the GCT.

I think i'm gonna add a dropbox to make changes quickly to the the patch. if you give me a gmail address i can give you access if you feel like updating something. pm it to me.


Sweet! You figured out the stock icons and ASL. What exactly did you change?