PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!

Started by Sirkura, July 19, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hi, so I read this over and it might be something that I could use to teach myself how to work BrawlEx! So thanks! I needed a template that could help me as when I tried to set it up myself, it did not work.

So to set this up, I need to take the pf file in the DIY folder, and move  that to my PF on my SD Card?

And then I can customize it?

And any hack on here could be made compatible with this pm edit?

Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 05:14:49 PM

Hi, so I read this over and it might be something that I could use to teach myself how to work BrawlEx! So thanks! I needed a template that could help me as when I tried to set it up myself, it did not work.

So to set this up, I need to take the pf file in the DIY folder, and move  that to my PF on my SD Card?

And then I can customize it?

And any hack on here could be made compatible with this pm edit?

It's been quite a while. How's the progress going so far?
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


I'm setting everything up for a clean release soon - I've been busy with 64 mode lol

AAAllrriiiggghhhtttt, i guess its time to clean out my SD card, and get ready for a new build.

Also, will the Final Smash after doing so much damage code be able to work?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: PyotrLuzhin on January 10, 2016, 12:47:02 AM
I'm setting everything up for a clean release soon - I've been busy with 64 mode lol
Np, ^^ take your time.once its ready i'll set it up in an easy to use patch like before.

Quote from: zoroarkrules25 on January 04, 2016, 05:12:44 PM
Hi, so I read this over and it might be something that I could use to teach myself how to work BrawlEx! So thanks! I needed a template that could help me as when I tried to set it up myself, it did not work.

So to set this up, I need to take the pf file in the DIY folder, and move  that to my PF on my SD Card?

And then I can customize it?

And any hack on here could be made compatible with this pm edit?

Yes and no. some PSA files arent compatible with PM.  pm uses different variables on some characters so if those arent set from default brawl ones the game will crash. also if there are special dodging mechanics added to a certain character they may behave oddly (sometimes freeze)

Setting it up is pretty simple. i have a folder set up to download premade with the changes. first on your sd card make a string of folders in this order:

SD/private/wii/app/rsbe/

then go to this folder

SD/ProjectM/PF/

copy the PF folder and drop it inside the rsbe one.

so you should have: SD/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/

than just drop the folders in the download to the root of the SD so they merge with the files you just made.

Post Merge: January 10, 2016, 10:56:26 PM

oh my, so i looked at my gdrive and fould most my files got deleted somehow.  reuploading and i'll update the links. in the OP

This is really sweet. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something that I have to modify myself, but all the BrawlEX characters can't L Cancel, or have a really small L Cancel window. If I boot up regular Project M and play Mewtwo and Roy, I can SHFFL with ease. But when I launch Project M DIY with Mewtwo and Roy, it's really hard to SHFFL.

Is there anyway to fix this? My friends and I can't stand BrawlEX characters since we can't L Cancel with them.

Thanks.

Quote from: JrFilipino on January 11, 2016, 01:39:04 AM
This is really sweet. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something that I have to modify myself, but all the BrawlEX characters can't L Cancel, or have a really small L Cancel window. If I boot up regular Project M and play Mewtwo and Roy, I can SHFFL with ease. But when I launch Project M DIY with Mewtwo and Roy, it's really hard to SHFFL.

Is there anyway to fix this? My friends and I can't stand BrawlEX characters since we can't L Cancel with them.

Thanks.

Well, the data for L-Canceling is controlled in the module files for the characters. You would have to make edits to the Brawl-EX modules themselves in order to make L-Canceling work with them. Maybe that's something that's being worked on too here but I cannot be sure.


Quote from: HeartlessSeph on January 11, 2016, 06:14:08 AM
Well, the data for L-Canceling is controlled in the module files for the characters. You would have to make edits to the Brawl-EX modules themselves in order to make L-Canceling work with them. Maybe that's something that's being worked on too here but I cannot be sure.

thats only half true, its actually hard coded into the GCT. seems that some codes went missing or went corrupt when i made the last GCT, ghostwolf was the first to notice it when he was looking thru it. L canceling wos one for the codes missing. There is a new patch coming soon that will resolve all the issues we currently have.  just waiting on PyotrLuzhin to finish the last tweaks.

Sounds like everything is going pretty good right now. That's great! I'm excited to try this out when it gets released.

Quote from: Sirkura on January 12, 2016, 05:53:27 AM
thats only half true, its actually hard coded into the GCT. seems that some codes went missing or went corrupt when i made the last GCT, ghostwolf was the first to notice it when he was looking thru it. L canceling wos one for the codes missing. There is a new patch coming soon that will resolve all the issues we currently have.  just waiting on PyotrLuzhin to finish the last tweaks.

Ah, I see. I was simply speaking off experience of when I ported Shadow over Olimar back in Project M 3.0 where I had to modify the .rel file so that Shadow could L-Cancel.

Quote from: Sirkura on January 12, 2016, 05:53:27 AM
thats only half true, its actually hard coded into the GCT. seems that some codes went missing or went corrupt when i made the last GCT, ghostwolf was the first to notice it when he was looking thru it. L canceling wos one for the codes missing. There is a new patch coming soon that will resolve all the issues we currently have.  just waiting on PyotrLuzhin to finish the last tweaks.

Yea there was a lot missing actually. L-canceling, jab resets, input assist, meteor cancel, some of luigi's personal codes like green fire on opponent when hit by green missle(side b), and even hit sfx codes. But the new patch coming out will fix most of all our problems. Even ASL. I'm still surprised it was possible to get both brawl EX and ASL working together.
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


Quote from: Ghost Wolf on January 12, 2016, 05:42:03 PM
Yea there was a lot missing actually. L-canceling, jab resets, input assist, meteor cancel, some of luigi's personal codes like green fire on opponent when hit by green missle(side b), and even hit sfx codes. But the new patch coming out will fix most of all our problems. Even ASL. I'm still surprised it was possible to get both brawl EX and ASL working together.

actually the main issue with BeX and ASL was they took up the same memory locations. we just had to point the data to a new empty slot. i believe PL also said there was a line that told it to read from "proj" and he made it read from "priv" instead (in regaurds to folders) have to give my regaurds to pyotr, we couldn't have gotten that working without him.

also fun fact, CSE and brawl DJ don't work with ASL. wich means its also unlikely to work with BeX since it used the same address, just thought i'd toss that out for anyone interested in using that code. seems to work fine in vbrawl. found that while messing with new codes. its not really anything for DiY just something me and some friends were experimenting with for another project. PM doesn't use either.

Quote from: Sirkura on January 12, 2016, 09:23:38 PM
actually the main issue with BeX and ASL was they took up the same memory locations. we just had to point the data to a new empty slot. i believe PL also said there was a line that told it to read from "proj" and he made it read from "priv" instead (in regaurds to folders) have to give my regaurds to pyotr, we couldn't have gotten that working without him.

also fun fact, CSE and brawl DJ don't work with ASL. wich means its also unlikely to work with BeX since it used the same address, just thought i'd toss that out for anyone interested in using that code. seems to work fine in vbrawl. found that while messing with new codes. its not really anything for DiY just something me and some friends were experimenting with for another project. PM doesn't use either.

LOL im a little more that thankful he got it working! Ive always wanted the two at the same time.

On the side note, Do you think that brawl DJ and CSE could be fixed in a similar way ASL was to work with each other? Also, what is CSE exactly?
The greatest Falcon Pawwwwwnnnnnnccccchhhhh!!!!


CSE, Custom Sound Engine.
Now this is a code 'can' live without. but i would like to have, for somewhat obvious reasons. I mean we are having clones, who required their own voice. (unless PM, has their own code which works exactly the same way.)
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating