PmEx (A Project M + BrawlEx Template) 01/09/17 v0.51 release!

Started by Sirkura, July 19, 2015, 12:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Velhemence on January 30, 2016, 03:27:57 AM
trying to add an 11th costume for ganondorf through hex editor and keep getting nothing but crashes, any ideas? I have all proper BPs and CSPs.
Did you edit his FighterConfig as well, or just the CSSSlotConfig?


Quote from: Sirkura on January 29, 2016, 04:19:01 PM
lawl cIOS. but yes those codes will fix music corruption. specifically expansion stages do that. if you edit a stgcustom music your save is toast.

Would making a backup with save extractor help?

Quote from: Velhemence on January 30, 2016, 05:12:23 AM
I have edited both yes.
Did you forget to put the value "0C" after the new costume?
Stock icon could also be a problem. Also for CSPs there are two places you need to place them in. Did you do both?

Maybe if you're still having problems you could send them to me and I could help.



Hopefully this can help shed some light on the issue. By the way I have nullified all result screen portraits not just ganondorf's.

I see the problem. In the CSSSlotConfig you forgot to put the last two values before 0C in hexadecimal, so it reads as team 16 and costume 16 instead, when 12 is the max. Try changing "10 10" to "0A 0A". I think that's what you meant to do. Also, if you're adding an 11th costume, uncheck "11" in the FighterConfig, since it counts 0 as the first costume. I'm not quite sure but that might cause a problem as well.


If I wanted to add the Waluigi mod to my Project M using this, how would I do that?? What files would I need to replace/edit/add?

Edit: In fact, how do I set this up at all?

The original Brawlex thread should be able to teach you what you need to know. Just do the same process but using the modules and files from PMDiY. However, you'll still need to download the config files from the original thread.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0


Does this work with 16gb sdhc cards? I try to boot it from stage builder and it never starts up.

Hi, me again, I was wondering if someone made it possible to have ASL to work with stage expansion yet.

Quote from: Cyprus on January 31, 2016, 02:53:27 AM
Hi, me again, I was wondering if someone made it possible to have ASL to work with stage expansion yet.
ASL is a stage expansion in its own. i believe its limit is over 2000 stages.

Quote from: TheDarkKnight on January 31, 2016, 02:02:48 AMit will work fine with SDHC cards however hackless (smash stack is the official term for the stage loader method) is only compatible with 2 gig or smaller cards. i recomend using letter bomb or installing the homebrew channel.
Does this work with 16gb sdhc cards? I try to boot it from stage builder and it never starts up.

Is it possible to load alternate stages using stage expansion stages rather than original stages?

Also, when are you planning to release some more modules? Is there a way I can help with that?


What does it exactly mean when you load it up that after the PM bootstrap, that it only shows the now loading for a split second and then it go black and basically crashes?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on January 31, 2016, 04:05:33 PM
What does it exactly mean when you load it up that after the PM bootstrap, that it only shows the now loading for a split second and then it go black and basically crashes?

that can mean several things, from common files being corrupt or the hook is set wrong. make sure AXNextFrame is set. you might need to remove/add files till it happens again.

Quote from: SemiPsycho on January 31, 2016, 08:19:21 AM
Is it possible to load alternate stages using stage expansion stages rather than original stages?

Also, when are you planning to release some more modules? Is there a way I can help with that?
i believe you can already expand stages to 76 without alts. then each of those 76 stages can have up to 26 more stages on top of it. i don't know much about REL files so when ever PL gets to that.

This is wishful thinking probably on my part, but is it possibly to use other BrawlEx packs (Pikezers 4.4.1) to copy over the exmodules, fighter folders, etc. to your own D.I.Y. build?

I've tried just copying the necessary files but I get the 'Random character Icon freeze' that's described in the BrawlEx thread here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

I know its working however because the other characters load fine.

Quote from: DTrunks on February 01, 2016, 12:34:30 AM
This is wishful thinking probably on my part, but is it possibly to use other BrawlEx packs (Pikezers 4.4.1) to copy over the exmodules, fighter folders, etc. to your own D.I.Y. build?

I've tried just copying the necessary files but I get the 'Random character Icon freeze' that's described in the BrawlEx thread here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

I know its working however because the other characters load fine.
you'll need to use the EXModules I've included in the pack from the "EXModules" folder, figure out which characters are over whom (i.e. if Deadpool's over snake, you'll have to use a ft_snake.rel from my exmodules folder), and edit the EXModules to be linked to the right character id.

As for more EXModules, I'll be releasing more when i have time. R.O.B., Zelda, Samus and Captain Falcon will be first.