Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Large Leader on February 21, 2016, 11:22:23 PM
Aside from the copious amounts of caps, did you self censor yourself?

I came up with the most over the top reaction loosely based on my opinion I could and after typing in caps for effect, decided censoring myself would be funny so, in short: Yes.

Quote from: Large Leader on February 21, 2016, 11:22:23 PM
Also, we can't change most character's hair colors. Might whip something up to test and see if it works.

Wait what? Why? Aren't they handled the same way as everything else? That's weird to be the one thing we can't do. What characters can we change the hair colour of? (My spelling of colour gives away that I'm British. -_- Why would the spelling be different?)

Certain characters in the Wii U version have a grayscaled texture for their hair and use materials for the color.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 22, 2016, 12:16:07 AM
Certain characters in the Wii U version have a grayscaled texture for their hair and use materials for the color.
Huh. That makes more sense. Thanks for that.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 22, 2016, 12:16:07 AM
Certain characters in the Wii U version have a grayscaled texture for their hair and use materials for the color.

I honestly find that surprising, but then again, it makes changing things like hair color easy...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on February 21, 2016, 11:36:44 PM
in short: Yes.
I thought that was against the rules v:

Quote from: Velen on February 22, 2016, 01:34:17 AM
I honestly find that surprising, but then again, it makes changing things like hair color easy...

It'll be much easier once we figure out how to do it.
the way it's done in brawl makes it extremely accessible to everyone, here's to hoping that it's as easy as can be in Smash4.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on February 22, 2016, 04:12:08 AM
I thought that was against the rules v:
Ha ha ha. Why would censorship be against the-

Oh [censored] (sorry I had to) though I have no idea why the hell that's a thing.

Quote from: Large Leader on February 22, 2016, 04:12:08 AM
It'll be much easier once we figure out how to do it.
the way it's done in brawl makes it extremely accessible to everyone, here's to hoping that it's as easy as can be in Smash4.

Yeah, here's to hoping. If it isn't someone will probably make a brawlex like tool just to change hair colour.

You'll have to find where the hair color code is located. Like take Skullgirls: The characters has a core pallet. The game reads a file to change the colors around instead of having 22 or so different and separate sprites. So if we can find where the skins read the code, we can easily bend that file to our will then.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Interesting - regarding the hair color. Are they administered and managed via RGB coding?


I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

You gotta test this, with no leg issues and stuff and show us the end result to boggle our minds.

When we do achieve modding perfection for Wii U the first big project before PM style stuff has to be Ice Climbers. Who didn't love playing as them?

And if we get them to work in 3DS Nintendo will have some explaining to do.

I just wanna put that thought out there.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on February 22, 2016, 11:18:45 PM
You gotta test this, with no leg issues and stuff and show us the end result to boggle our minds.

When we do achieve modding perfection for Wii U the first big project before PM style stuff has to be Ice Climbers. Who didn't love playing as them?

And if we get them to work in 3DS Nintendo will have some explaining to do.

I just wanna put that thought out there.
Ice climbers / Snake / Wolf return to smash 4(both versions) without replace any charaters
Should be the first projects (for me i will possible port / abit revamp of my moveset to smash 4 anyways)
"i can dream"
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Wow, Project B has already started
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Blanc Trois on February 22, 2016, 11:35:24 PM
Wow, Project B has already started
LOL. That'd be cool, especially if we could essentially port over the whole game, all we'd really have to do is upgrade the game graphically.

Though I doubt this uses Pac files.

I wish Sm4sh used .pac. :L

Though it's unfortunately not the case. Sm4sh's file system is very different from Brawl's.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]