Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on April 15, 2016, 04:56:47 PM
Sick mod nano! I knew Ridley would show up at some point, but didn't think it would have been so soon. I'm not too knowledgeable in creating mods, but when people talk about vertex modding is this it? Pretty much a new 3d mesh model in place of the original content?

Vertex mods involve editing the original mesh. What you're thinking of is model importing. We aren't there just yet.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Update: Editing UVWs is in progress. Kinda buggy atm (some UV positions aren't read properly and I don't think you can break UVs), but we're hoping to get it fixed up soon with a few proof of concepts.

Random Note: Got my 5.3.2 wiiU set up with hax. Will hopefully be updating my own work as soon as the semester is ogre.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Where are you getting this update from mate? And sounds like great news to hear. I'm not entirely sure what UV mods are, but I'd assume skin mods? I remember messing with something similar with textures and UVs, but nothing in the brawl scene.

Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on April 21, 2016, 05:16:11 PM
Where are you getting this update from mate? And sounds like great news to hear. I'm not entirely sure what UV mods are, but I'd assume skin mods? I remember messing with something similar with textures and UVs, but nothing in the brawl scene.

Nano and I are working closely with people like Soneek to test the scripts that they make.
UV editing is texture stuff, so yeah skin mods.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

uv editing is editing the maps of the texture layout inside 3ds max.
this simplifies custom textures over an edited mesh.

So Goku made Kotaku news.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



That's awesome! UV and vertex editing at it's finest. I guess that actually answers my next question of how vertex modding work too. I'm assuming Super Mega Buster 123 Win64 Gigabyte (what a mouthful) took the Ryu model and moved the vertices around in order to make a look-a-like goku. I'd assume you can't add new vertex data in or remove any of the edges or faces either. Is it possible smash 4 is looking for the same file sizes similar to how brawl was? For example the sound affects in brawl you couldn't exceed specific sizes otherwise  things started acting weird.

At first I thought there was a move-set edit as well, but it was only another UV edit for the wave.

*Comes back to check for downgrade update and discovers there is no update so cries in deep sorrow and despair*

Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on April 22, 2016, 04:31:49 PM
That's awesome! UV and vertex editing at it's finest. I guess that actually answers my next question of how vertex modding work too. I'm assuming Super Mega Buster 123 Win64 Gigabyte (what a mouthful) took the Ryu model and moved the vertices around in order to make a look-a-like goku. I'd assume you can't add new vertex data in or remove any of the edges or faces either. Is it possible smash 4 is looking for the same file sizes similar to how brawl was? For example the sound affects in brawl you couldn't exceed specific sizes otherwise  things started acting weird.

At first I thought there was a move-set edit as well, but it was only another UV edit for the wave.

UV editing wasn't really used for Goku.

And as you guys already know, KTH along with smb123win64gb and Nano put in some damn work to make Goku look good. Props to them.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on April 21, 2016, 06:24:08 AM
Update: Editing UVWs is in progress. Kinda buggy atm (some UV positions aren't read properly and I don't think you can break UVs), but we're hoping to get it fixed up soon with a few proof of concepts.

Random Note: Got my 5.3.2 wiiU set up with hax. Will hopefully be updating my own work as soon as the semester is ogre.
dont worry its all ogre now.  >.>
anyways
i guess u gave up hope on 5.5 and bought a 5.3.2?

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on April 23, 2016, 10:57:29 PM
dont worry its all ogre now.  >.>
anyways
i guess u gave up hope on 5.5 and bought a 5.3.2?

Been waiting about two weeks for the response and nothing back yet. I plan to keep them both or something.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have been kinda curious to know if the devs would be willing to do a partial release of the 5.5.1 exploit to groups in need of it to further their development in mods for games like smash and mario kart. The only issue with this would be a higher chance of it being leaked if it were to fall into the wrong hands.

Quote from: GaM3r2Xtreme on April 24, 2016, 12:45:38 PM
I have been kinda curious to know if the devs would be willing to do a partial release of the 5.5.1 exploit to groups in need of it to further their development in mods for games like smash and mario kart. The only issue with this would be a higher chance of it being leaked if it were to fall into the wrong hands.
We've been trying to get in contact with the 5.5.1 exploit dev for a while now, but she is being rather difficult.

Quote from: Nanobuds on April 24, 2016, 08:45:04 PM
We've been trying to get in contact with the 5.5.1 exploit dev for a while now, but she is being rather difficult.

[censored].