Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on May 03, 2016, 06:26:49 AM
I did see this: http://rhcafe.us.to/?page=t&id=108
Someone on GBATemp said it worked.
Nah I got it working (did my edit not go through?). The 0's are actually counters in how many times it's been accessed

edit: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=76695.0
started up an info thread. Any gaps, feel free to chime in
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



RIP IOSU. You will dearly be missed.
Wish the kexploit wasn't leaked, but oh well. Leaking is a good thing, I guess.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Segtendo on May 03, 2016, 06:19:51 AM
Let's face it. I'm a Wii U owner, and Nintendo has just given up on the Wii U.You say it's a bad idea, but then you say it's a great thing.
I'm getting mixed messages here.
I want to hack SSB4, but we don´t know if Nintendo is going to do the last patch on Wii U. But I hope they do not that. I Love to hack that game and maybe is to test it today.

Could it be that the floodgates have opened? Are we looking at a new stepping stone, or risking an early release straight into a patch?

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on May 02, 2016, 11:02:07 PM
Seeing as we've been modding brawl to be more like Sm4sh, do you think some people are going to mod Sm4sh to make it more like brawl?

It'd be amusing I guess, just a random thought that entered my mind.

You're kidding, right? It could be fifty years into the future, and we could be on Smash 12: Electric Boogaloo, with 150 characters and a roster that looks like it came out of MUGEN more than anything, and certain folks would still try to emulate Melee's stuff through modding because to them it's the only 'true' Smash game and anything that isn't a direct sequel to that thing is automatically bad.

Seriously, Nintendo should just release an HD version of the game to sate those guys.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: Large Leader on May 03, 2016, 09:39:17 AM
RIP IOSU. You will dearly be missed.
Wish the kexploit wasn't leaked, but oh well. Leaking is a good thing, I guess.

I'm happy it leaked because we can finally get more people involved to mod smash 4. I'm not happy it wasn't the original creator of the exploit to be the one satisfied to open up and give the 5.5.x holy grail to the community.

Leaking also means that there is 99.9% the exploit will not carry over to the next Wii U firmware update now that Nintendo knows where to look (one of the reasons why the exploit was held back in hopes to wait out until this next update comes and passes over fixing the hack).

Either way, the leak will give the developers time to focus on an IOSU exploit instead (if they haven't been already).

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on May 03, 2016, 06:33:55 AM
started up an info thread. Any gaps, feel free to chime in

Thanks for doing this Kit! I'll check this out thoroughly later tonight and give any input that comes to mind.

now everyone with a wiiu has a kernel exploit, now i hope most of you block your stuff becuase its praticaly garanteed nintendo will patch it on 5.6.0 or whatever version comes next.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on May 03, 2016, 05:01:32 PM
now everyone with a wiiu has a kernel exploit, now i hope most of you block your stuff becuase its praticaly garanteed nintendo will patch it on 5.6.0 or whatever version comes next.
yup. I highly doubt I'll unblock it anymore XD
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



And I highly doubt I'll get a Wii U in time, meh, someone will probably make an equivalent of the 3DS's CFW

with those iosu tools out now, there's a chance for it.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Got it working too. I just wish there was a way to keep using this and block update servers at the same time.

I just want to get the music expansion for Smash U working right now. XD


so remind me again why it's acceptable for major transformative hacks to be made for Brawl yet not for Sm4sh

oh wait bitter melee hate lol

Quote from: BullockDS on May 04, 2016, 12:03:39 AM
so remind me again why it's acceptable for major transformative hacks to be made for Brawl yet not for Sm4sh

oh wait bitter melee hate lol

There's nothing stopping you. Some people around the internet don't like it for various reasons. Some people around the internet love the idea.

That's all there is to it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'll admit, I don't quite understand why you have to create a local website. Those things usually are a hassle to get working (where most people's issues been from what I've been reading). Doesn't the jar do essentually the same thing?
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



If you guys want to get your feet wet with Smash mods, use this with SDCafiine.
http://pastebin.com/ES053DpJ

You can also download nus3bank music files from Smash Custom Music. They work (replaced the remixed Ken's theme with Guile's SF4 theme). Use the drop down template and choose Smash on Wii U.
It has everything but the Bayonetta music, which I have a pic of.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]