Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Oh... I kinda had a brainfart there, my apologies. I thought you were talking about the RAR packed files, not the ones that are actually called "packed".

Well, Sm4shExplorer calls them a, to quote "forbidden extension", so I don't think you'll have much luck there. AS of right now, it seems there's no way to edit already packed files, so you best bet would be to contact him for the actual, unpacked files, if you have the means of doing that, at least.

Quote from: Nanobuds on May 07, 2016, 07:48:00 PM
Ohh, so you're only trying to take bits and pieces from his and put it in your own?

Go ahead and make a backup of the vanilla patch folder from your dump. Then, take TS4M's pack, and replace it in the patch folder that Sm4shEditor reads and overwrite and files that is wants to. Now when you open Sm4shEditor, it wlll think that TS4M's patch folder is vanilla. You can then extrat whatever you want. Then, put the vanilla patch folder (the one you backed up) back in the place that Sm4shEditor reads from (replacing the TS4M patch files). Then add the files you extracted back into the vanilla patch. Then pack it all up and put it on your SD.

I think that will work. It does in my head. I've never tried it.
Nope, I actually just tried that myself. Sm4shEsplorer doesn't care about the "export" folder, it loads the files from the "workspace" folder and everything else from the actual ripped game. The "export" folder doesn't get touched at all.

Quote from: Taigiry on May 07, 2016, 08:03:21 PM
Oh... I kinda had a brainfart there, my apologies. I thought you were talking about the RAR packed files, not the ones that are actually called "packed".

Well, Sm4shExplorer calls them a, to quote "forbidden extension", so I don't think you'll have much luck there. AS of right now, it seems there's no way to edit already packed files, so you best bet would be to contact him for the actual, unpacked files, if you have the means of doing that, at least.
Nope, I actually just tried that myself. Sm4shEsplorer doesn't care about the "export" folder, it loads the files from the "workspace" folder and everything else from the actual ripped game. The "export" folder doesn't get touched at all.
Which is why I said to replace the "workspace" files with TS4M's files.

Great... the dump I got has no "patch" folder. :/ There goes that method lmao.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 07, 2016, 10:13:08 PM
Great... the dump I got has no "patch" folder. :/ There goes that method lmao.
You need to dump the patch. Use Uwizard or (better) NUSDownloader and dump the latest update. Make sure you check the option to compile the update.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Thanks, Seg, will give this a shot!

So in other words, I don't decrypt the files.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 07, 2016, 10:13:08 PM
Great... the dump I got has no "patch" folder. :/ There goes that method lmao.

If your dump freezes before getting the Patch folder, just his "enter" in the command prompt window. It should then start going again.

Its an error that some people seem to be getting.

Nano. Do you know if anyone is working on a better way to load Smash files? This process is so tedious (copying everything I want from TS4M's pack to a custom one, editing the parameters, patching everytime I want to change a file, etc.).
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Nanobuds on May 07, 2016, 11:24:09 PM
If your dump freezes before getting the Patch folder, just his "enter" in the command prompt window. It should then start going again.

Its an error that some people seem to be getting.

It's not freezing, I'm just not sure which file format / structure the updates have to be in for this purpose. There's no "compile update" function in either Uwizard or NUSGrabber, so I just downloaded them without decryption. One gives me no file extensions except "tmd.224", while the other gives me a bunch of files with ".h3" and ".app" files.

Quote from: Segtendo on May 07, 2016, 11:28:26 PM
Nano. Do you know if anyone is working on a better way to load Smash files? This process is so tedious (copying everything I want from TS4M's pack to a custom one, editing the parameters, patching everytime I want to change a file, etc.).
The end goal is to make easy tools for texture and model editing, similar to BrawlBox. First, we need more research about the file formats and how they work in the system. Right now we need to just experiment with the different files in the dump an see what happens if we edit certain files.

Its a brand new system compared to Brawl, so the researchers have to start from scratch.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 07, 2016, 11:38:24 PM
It's not freezing, I'm just not sure which file format / structure the updates have to be in for this purpose. There's no "compile update" function in either Uwizard or NUSGrabber, so I just downloaded them without decryption. One gives me no file extensions except "tmd.224", while the other gives me a bunch of files with ".h3" and ".app" files.
In UWizard, click "Decrypt Contents" to get the folders.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Finally figured out how to get everything I want. Thanks Nano.
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 08, 2016, 02:54:58 AM
So it would be "content/patch/<folders from decrypt>"?
For Sm4shExplorer to read the update, you just need to chose the update folder (which will have the three folders). You should also have the two big archive files and the ls file in the content folder for it to be read.

Also, I'll ask here, because I want to make sure I get an answer.

Been having TexID problems (model turns a weird red), so I decided to use that Python script to fix it. Is it supposed to lag the computer hard when running? It's pretty annoying that it slows down my computer to pretty much frozen.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on May 08, 2016, 05:31:42 PM
Finally figured out how to get everything I want. Thanks Nano.For Sm4shExplorer to read the update, you just need to chose the update folder (which will have the three folders). You should also have the two big archive files and the ls file in the content folder for it to be read.

Also, I'll ask here, because I want to make sure I get an answer.

Been having TexID problems (model turns a weird red), so I decided to use that Python script to fix it. Is it supposed to lag the computer hard when running? It's pretty annoying that it slows down my computer to pretty much frozen.

Not in my experience. It usually takes a few seconds at most, which could also be attributed to my laptop itself.

Could you give specific instructions as to how you set up Python and eventually ran the py file?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can someone make a tutorial on how to change CSPs? I'm sort of lost on what to do...
Quote from: Large Leader on May 09, 2016, 12:03:22 AM
Not in my experience. It usually takes a few seconds at most, which could also be attributed to my laptop itself.

Could you give specific instructions as to how you set up Python and eventually ran the py file?
Forget about it. Mastaklo released this and it answers my question.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I managed to make a new slot for Mario earlier, complete with working cosmetics, so... yay for not having to replace costumes, I guess. Didn't try to make custom stuff, so I just copy + pasted the cosmetics from another costume. After all, I was only testing if i could get it to work. But while browsing through the CCS files and trying to compile a list of what file and folder does what, I found some I just can't find the use for.

Does anyone know what the chrn files in data(eu_en) -> ui -> replace -> chr files are used for, namely 12, 40 and 41? These are obviously names that are used somewhere, but I can't find where.
chr_11 This one's the name used on the CSS
chr_12
chr_40
chr_41
I replaced all the files with others, but couldn't see any difference, besides obviously the chr_11 one. It's also kinda weird how only a handful characters actually have chr_41 files (the clone trio, Mr. G&W, DHD, Falco, ROB and Wario).