Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Is it really that big of a deal to get your knickers in a twist over?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Segtendo on June 30, 2016, 07:58:30 AM
Are you kidding me?

We have a decent amount of tools to hack the game already. In less than 2 years of the game being released and we are already talking about model imports.

We didn't have Brawl model importing until a few years ago.

Actually Brawl model importing using Brawlbox came to fruition about 5 years ago, 3 years after Brawl was released, and people had already been able to import basic unrigged models a little bit before that. So if you think about it, non-complex model imports after 2 years since Smash 4's release isn't too odd, we're just old af and have been through some [censored].

And from what I've heard, Smash 4's NUD model format is apparently a lot easier to manipulate than MDL0 was.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 30, 2016, 06:07:19 PM
Actually Brawl model importing using Brawlbox came to fruition about 5 years ago, 3 years after Brawl was released, and people had already been able to import basic unrigged models a little bit before that. So if you think about it, non-complex model imports after 2 years since Smash 4's release isn't too odd, we're just old af and have been through some [censored].

And from what I've heard, Smash 4's NUD model format is apparently a lot easier to manipulate than MDL0 was.
How is Smash 4's NUD Model format easy to manipulate?

Hey everyone, sorry I've been out of the loop, but I don't see any threads or topics anywhere with the required tools to do textures, imports, stages, let alone where to download the mods. Could someone kindly point me in the direction please?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on July 12, 2016, 04:31:37 PM
Hey everyone, sorry I've been out of the loop, but I don't see any threads or topics anywhere with the required tools to do textures, imports, stages, let alone where to download the mods. Could someone kindly point me in the direction please?
This will direct you to a GBATemp thread that shows you the tools needed for modding.

This will direct you to the Sm4sh section on GameBanana, where you can download Sm4sh mods. It's noted that KC-MM will eventually add Sm4sh support to the Vault, so hang tight until then.

This video will show you how to load mods.
! No longer available

If you want to keep your Wii U for mods, do not let the system update. You can do this by going into your Wii U Internet settings, and changing both the Primary and Secondary DNS to 107.211.140.065. An alternative DNS you can use is 104.236.072.203.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

KingJigglypuff, you are life! Thank you so much, I'll take a look at those links when I get home.

Question, I understand I need wifi in order to process the above, but can I go ahead and block the DNS right away, or do I have to wait for the exploit and loadiine etc to be installed first?

Yo Enzo. If you're interested, I'm on a Smash 4 modding server. If you want to join, here's the link: https://discord.gg/0zc7UzZFCRaQfvw5
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: ItalianStallion on July 12, 2016, 06:54:42 PM
KingJigglypuff, you are life! Thank you so much, I'll take a look at those links when I get home.

Question, I understand I need wifi in order to process the above, but can I go ahead and block the DNS right away, or do I have to wait for the exploit and loadiine etc to be installed first?
There's no need to install that stuff. The browser exploit shown in the video will do it for you.

If you have internet access, then you'll be able to change your DNS.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Segtendo on July 12, 2016, 08:44:45 PM
Yo Enzo. If you're interested, I'm on a Smash 4 modding server. If you want to join, here's the link: https://discord.gg/0zc7UzZFCRaQfvw5

Hey Aaron! Why not? I'm also planning on joining Game Banana as well, since it's not so active here anymore. Wait, is this an app?

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 12, 2016, 09:54:42 PM
There's no need to install that stuff. The browser exploit shown in the video will do it for you.

If you have internet access, then you'll be able to change your DNS.

Nice! Can't wait to see the tutorial when I get home. Walking to my car as we speak lol.

Post Merge: July 13, 2016, 06:06:13 AM

Update - It worked! Thanks again, KingJigglypuff.

Where can I find a folder directory list? In order to determine what file goes in what folder, and which folder goes inside a specific folder, etc. for the character, stages, music?

I just don't know which files to replace/delete.

Silly question from silly person edited in video related stuff.

I've seen mods that lock the camera facing left and right rather than to the background; is there a mod already available or probable to let you move the camera realtime during gameplay, such as with the C-stick?


Aaaand it returns to Sm4sh. I'm actually looking forward to custom characters and animation editing, too, like a separate Zack Fair slot. Someday...
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Quote from: Segtendo on July 12, 2016, 08:44:45 PM
Yo Enzo. If you're interested, I'm on a Smash 4 modding server. If you want to join, here's the link: https://discord.gg/0zc7UzZFCRaQfvw5

I'm on there right now and it says "You do not have permission to send messages in this channel."


Quote from: Nanobuds on August 06, 2016, 02:21:25 AM
itshappening.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH04bs_6N7Q
First model import.
woo hoo.  hooray for Mastaklo. that guy never dissapoints moi.  do you know when he will release  tutorial?