Windhunter7's Blender Importing Tutorial(Blender to Brawl)

Started by windhunter7, October 15, 2015, 09:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

October 15, 2015, 09:52:24 PM Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 07:10:57 PM by windhunter7
Update (9/14/2019): Updated info on Blender
Most Crucial Update Ever: Officially, this tutorial is now complete! FAQs may be added, and video
            guides in addition will also be added, but the text tutorial is complete!
A completely revamped video tutorial series will be coming! Subscribe on my website to get notified of when:                     https://dragongames7.wixsite.com/mainpage/subscribe
Helpfull Hint: Press the 'Z' key to toggle wireframe in Blender; this is a really helpful toggle to use, especially with
            Weight Paint.

Tutorial for 3DS Max(NOT by me, but I support it :) ): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41996.0

Donate: https://dragongames7.wixsite.com/mainpage/donate  :kdance: :kdance: :kdance:

*Note: Please use this tutorial instead, if you can! It's more updated, but only supports some fighters; after I finish the preset files for all fighters, I will deprecate this tutorial, and this page will only contain the FAQ!*
Video Tutorial (Full, just be sure to also use this text tutorial as a guideline for many things, especially the FAQ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soU3c3heKIU&t=1s

I. Required Programs

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


II. Getting the Brawl Model into Blender

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


III. Rigging and Reposing Your Model

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


IV. Importing Your Model to BrawlBox & Finalizing the Import

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


V. FAQ

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


VI. Useful Links

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


For optional further stuff, such as reducing filesize, or help needed, just DM me on Discord, send me a PM, email me at chessmanevan@gmail.com with the Subject line "Brawl Importing Help", or ask a question on the forum of my website: https://dragongames7.wixsite.com/forum

:happy: :happy: :happy:

so hows progress with this tutorial going? a free alternative to autodesk for importing sounds great. and unless theres a tutorial for gmax, im pretty much stuck with blender lol
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

Okay, I guess. Since I'm doing the tutorial while working on Wolf Link, right now I'm vertexing Wolf Link to go over Bowser's Shell Form(In addition to his regular form)

May 25, 2016, 09:09:47 PM #3 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:15:24 PM by DarkWolf4564
Maybe put a year # as well, just in case people get confused when the last update came out. Or do it when the next update comes... Anyways how's the progress? I really need to how to do this
"2. Importing the Bones of the Other Skeletons to Blender" part.  :kdance:

   V Ignore V
I can try to do it myself, but if I can't figure it out in a few weeks, I'll have to wait.
:kdance: Just a gamer that wants to make stuff.

I like that suggestion; I'ma add it.

How's the progress currently? I'm extremely backed up with texture and model requests right now, so I'm putting Project Wolf Link and this tutorial on hold for now, and then I can continue.

As for the "Importing the Bones of the Other Skeletons to Blender" part, I'm actually just going to scratch that and completely remake the tutorial to only say how to do the regular character model with expressions, etc., because for the animation effects that are also MDL0 files, which is what that part is, it's literally the exact same process; the only difference is that no expressions or anything, so it's much simpler, and a different location for the MDL0s. So, instead of the regular FitCharacterName00.pac(Though some of the other MDL0s are in there), most, if not all, of the other MDL0s reside in the FitCharacterName.pac and the FitCharacterNameMotionEtc.pac

Hope this info helps. Lemme know when you're at the next step and are stuck.

Ah! Now I get what you're saying... (Had to read it numerous times) All I need to do now is try to open the eye lid on my character. (not official, just for testing. It's over peach btw...) Now I'm telling you why I need to open the eyelids. It's a(n) animatronic character and the eyelids are half closed. ._.
I need to give it little more... "life" before testing it. I don't know why I need to do it, when it's just for testing. But my OCD won't let it just be for testing, it's got to be a character. T_T  :kdance:
:kdance: Just a gamer that wants to make stuff.

Really wish there was a plug in for this. A plug for blender to brawlbox would be more convenient =w=

I might eventually make a program that will auto-do it as a separate program or something, but that is more or less at the end of my very very long list of agendas that I have planned.

June 04, 2016, 07:24:01 AM #8 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:08:02 AM by DarkWolf4564
Edit: Removed Message, & added This "Edit." T_T
Edit #2: I'm still here, waiting...  :kdance:
:kdance: Just a gamer that wants to make stuff.

So I can't tell all the problems you're having from the pics, so please provide more info on the problems; but the one about putting the one armature over the other, select everything and then go to Object->Parent->Clear Parent (Keep Transform), then select everything that isn't the model or the Brawl armature and delete it.

Btw, what format was this model originally in? Because if it would've been able to be imported to BrawlBox with it's own armature, if it was a specific Autodesk format, and you can do bone edits to fix it and it's much simpler than having to rig from scratch.

After I made to psk file, and started Blender, it wouldn't open the file up
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Did you click at the top where it says "File" and click "Import"? Because you have to import it; you can't directly open it with Blender. This is the case with almost all model files in almost any 3d modeling program.

Note: I just updated the OP to include a link to BlackJax's mini-tutorial on how to rig in BrawlBox(Which is currently needed), until I have the full working tutorial finished.