We changed hosts.

Started by Vyse, December 06, 2015, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

December 06, 2015, 09:23:18 PM Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:25:53 PM by Vyse
Again.

With any luck, this change will do away with the site errors for good. We've got more processing power, more space, more of everything we need.

As always with these moves, though, there's bound to be a little weirdness. If you run into any errors while browsing the forum, post here and let me know, and I'll fix them when I can.

The database backup I used to do the transfer was made around 3 a.m. EST (about 13 hours ago). Any posts, BrawlVault activity, etc. that happened between then and now was lost. Sorry about that.

The blog didn't survive the trip. Press "F" to pay respects. We'll be taking a new approach for featuring the best our community has to offer. More on that later.

If you uploaded an avatar instead of linking it from somewhere else, looks like something broke and they aren't loading anymore. New uploads work fine.

BrawlVault might give you some "Internal Server Error" pages right now. I know about it and I'm working on it. Please don't post about that here.



F
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.



And so, the Blog Curators were all suddenly put out of a job.

Heheheh. Well, hopefully this new server gets rid of the constant 503 nonsense.
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

! No longer available

New host hype.

Loading times are still rather slow, and I've gotten a single Internal Server Error (not on BrawlVault), though I'm sure things will shape out soon.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: hinata2000100 on December 06, 2015, 10:09:36 PM
And so, the Blog Curators were all suddenly put out of a job.
More like Br3 lol v:

Load times were so much faster earlier. Guess it slowed down with more people coming on. Haven't encountered an internal server error. Will report whether or not it's on BV or the main site.

Congrats for switching over. Glad you could seal the deal.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



A couple years late, but finally!
And it only took the life of PM to give new life to this forum.

I'd press F, but nothing of value was lost.

December 06, 2015, 10:56:35 PM #10 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:57:56 PM by Leilani
Already noticing a difference, even on my [censored]ty ol' connection. Glad you guys are finally able to get around to doing it. RiHell you 503 errors.

edit: except for the random 500 errors, but I'm sure it's just server hickups XD
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!





[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Yay! I feel like randomly doing a happy dance right now...

Note: The above message was typed 3 days ago, as I just returned from dancing. O_O

:happy: