[Expert] How to Port Smash 3DS/Wii U Animations for use with Brawl Skeletons

Started by KingJigglypuff, December 17, 2015, 12:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ok I hope I am not necroposting but I have a question. if a character has only one part of their animation can I skip most of step 3B and just select the bones and export

The Necroposting rules don't apply to Tutorial threads, so you're fine.

For your question, if a character only has one animation file, you can import the smd with WallWorm, select the associated bones, and export at FBX.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


With the events of Sm4sh Wii U modding allowing animation edits, this tutorial will soon™ be updated to use Wii U animations, rather than 3DS animations.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Major update bump! The OP has been updated to include Sm4sh Wii U to Brawl animations.

It's been a while, but hopefully, it was worth the wait.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

what inches do I need export in from 3dsmax since everytime I port it to 3ds max its like a giant version of the model and I would get an error on the script



First of all, did you make sure the root bone's scale is 1 (TransN for Sm4sh, TopN for Brawl)?

There's one of two things you can do to make sure of that.
1.) Manually scale the root bone down to 1.
2.) Fiddle with the measurement setting when importing until the root bone has a scale of 1. If Inches doesn't work, then try Centimeters.

For the error, try constraining again after getting the scale to 1.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I tried putting the scale to 1 but it still gives me the same error when trying constrain again

Are the model formats of both your Brawl and Sm4sh model DAE? I'd recommend you repeat the steps, and follow the directions carefully, and see if it's just an issue on your end.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Has anyone managed to reup the 1.1.4 3ds data files? If anyone does it i'd greatly appreciate it.

Can somebody supply with free permanent copies of Autodesk 3DS Max and Autodesk Maya?

Just get yourself the Student Version of either program.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Would I have to resize the animation I imported into Brawl from Smash Wii U?