Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changing Mario's Pills to Fireballs  (Read 1256 times)
Colon D
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 09, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »

Hello World!
I've recently learned about modding Brawl, within the last three days. First I installed Project M. Got it to work and I thought to myself "fantastic", I downloaded a skin and got it to work ingame. I then installed Smash Bros Legacy M because it is like Project M but with more stuff. Got it to work and have downloaded some skins, a map, had some skins that crashed the game (maybe I done something wrong, maybe they were not compatible with Project M, I'm not sure), uninstalled them.

Then I decided to install a Mario skin, I replaced one of the Dr Mario skins already in the pack. The skin worked, however I noticed I would fire out pills instead of fireballs. This isn't good.
I'm wondering how I can set a specific skin to use fireballs instead of pills.
So far I've tried using Smash Attacks and edited FitMario.pac's 1CE GFX subaction, in the If statement I set it so that it would check if LA-Basic[54] == 7 instead of LA-Basic[64] >= 7. I'm assuming LA-Basic[64] is the character skin. By setting it to == 7 I thought that would mean only my white Dr Mario skin would fire out pills. Apparently not.
After saving these changes and testing it, it appears as if my skin still fires Pills. I'm not too sure where to go from here.

(bonus question: I use Brawl Costume Manager to change my skins, is it possible to backup a character without manually saving all the images and PAC file? And is there anyway to simply change the order of the skins without having to do the process which I just described)
(extra bonus question: Also is it possible to increase the number of default skins if not already at the maximum number of skin. For example some characters have empty skin slots at the bottom which are unused but cannot be used in game.)
(super bonus question: why are some of the character images and PAC's unaligned, what I mean is when you click on a certain character their model will show up correctly but their images will be of another skin. I've selected Project M in the menu which fixes some of these issues but not all of them.)
(hyper bonus question: I said early how some skins crashed my game, an example of that is Spacial Mario by Meta Jirachi (not sure how to link it), this Mario skin crashes the game yet his Spacial Bowser works fine.)

KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:13:29 PM »

Mario's Fireballs are Articles, so you need to know the external Sub Routine Offsets for Mario's fireballs to remove the Dr. Mario stuff.

Go to the following Offsets within these given Offsets to make your needed edits.

Main: 17108

GFX: C5B8

SFX: 10798

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: