How do I port characters?

Started by Gothic Rinnegan, May 16, 2016, 03:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hello there, I need help on knowing how to port characters. And I also have a question. Is it possible to port, say, a cloud strife mod from Ike to a character like Yoshi? Or is it impossible? Thanks.

I am wanting to know this too. :)

If you take requests, do you think you could port natsu over pit to Mario? Thanx

Quote from: windhunter7 on May 17, 2016, 02:47:49 AM
I am wanting to know this too. :)

Quote from: Gothic Rinnegan on May 17, 2016, 09:49:36 PM
If you take requests, do you think you could port natsu over pit to Mario? Thanx

Obviously not, since I don't know how.

To do it the "true" way --
There's a tutorial on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeSwmpHLuc

It's not a fun process. Basically once you get the model working (as shown in the video), you need to copy all the code from one moveset file to the other. Also you obviously can't use articles from that previous character but you can use articles from the new character.

To do it the rel way --
I've never done this but here's a tutorial on youtube (that I've never watched):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yi-JI_GnM

To do it the "ehhhhh" way --
Just stick everything over the other character with no changes. Like literally just rename the files and see what happens. Sometimes it works and there will be minor glitches that you can just buff out in PSA -- some can't be fixed. I don't recommend this but ehhhh it does the job sometimes. If it freezes, try doing the model editing shown in the video posted under the "true" way and give it another go. I've had success doing this method in the past by putting things over Marth and Ike. I forget much about doing it this way though, because I now only do it the "true" way for lasting stability, but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Ok, thanks! I'll look at this in the future(i.e. When I'm not as busy)! :D

Quote from: itman on May 17, 2016, 10:28:54 PM
To do it the "true" way --
There's a tutorial on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeSwmpHLuc

It's not a fun process. Basically once you get the model working (as shown in the video), you need to copy all the code from one moveset file to the other. Also you obviously can't use articles from that previous character but you can use articles from the new character.

To do it the rel way --
I've never done this but here's a tutorial on youtube (that I've never watched):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8yi-JI_GnM

To do it the "ehhhhh" way --
Just stick everything over the other character with no changes. Like literally just rename the files and see what happens. Sometimes it works and there will be minor glitches that you can just buff out in PSA -- some can't be fixed. I don't recommend this but ehhhh it does the job sometimes. If it freezes, try doing the model editing shown in the video posted under the "true" way and give it another go. I've had success doing this method in the past by putting things over Marth and Ike. I forget much about doing it this way though, because I now only do it the "true" way for lasting stability, but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Interesting, I haven't seen that .rel porting tutorial before. Commenting so I can find this again in the future!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!