Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Project Lloyd-over-Wolf: Revelations  (Read 7607 times)
tempesttime
Advanced Kitten

Politeness is not an option.

View Profile Awards
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:16:56 PM »

Hey guys, tempesttime here.

Who am I?
For those who don't know, I created the new PSA for Project Lloyd-over-Wolf mod, which a few people have enjoyed. I designed the moveset (along with a few teammates), ported models, provided some rough animations, and created a ton of custom effects for the dual wielding swordsman we all love.

Introduction
It's been a long while since I've taken up the torch of updating Project Lloyd-over-Wolf (so long in fact, that I would have had to necro the last post we made to our project page). What can I say...we all get burnt out eventually.

Recently though, after having exhausted myself by PLAYING Smash 4, I felt that urge to make something again. Upon seeing Lloyds representation in smash 4, I knew what I had to do. I wanted to come back, with some more experience, and revamp the project...AGAIN!

Project Lloyd-over-Wolf: Revelations

Image rendered by SJS (needs to be updated)

DISCLAIMER
Now, I want to be clear about something, this IS NOT a simple update; this is a REVAMP.

To put it simply, the moveset I designed came from a place of wishing to celebrate the character, without properly introducing him into the context of smash. We wanted to cram every move he had in which, while it might have been cool, meant that we had to sacrifice some playability. I wish to change that with a fresh PSA which will serve to properly represent Lloyds personality and style, but also fit properly into the smash contender formula.

THE TEAM
Our current team consists of 2 people:
  • Lead Moveset Designer, Effect Modeller- tempesttime
  • Lead Animator- A friend of mine (tempest), who just graduated from college with a degree in 3D animation

Currently, I am seeking more people to assist with the following positions:
  • PSA coder(s)
  • Animators
  • Effect creators
  • CSP renderers

**If you are interested, please contact me via pm, and tell me your level of experience with modding in smash bros.

UPDATE- Friday June 3rd 2016
A few days have passed, and things are already underway:
- Plenty of people have expressed interest in creating renders, and other things, for the project
- Most of Lloyds moveset has been planned now [though it is still subject to change

On the topic of movesets...
SPECIAL MOVESET
Since more planning is going into smash moves, I have decided to present Lloyds special moves for now

Regular Special - Demon Fang

A few changes are being made to this move to make it a bit more balanced. I wrote most of the notes on the side of the image, but here they are in a legible format.
  • Bit of a longer startup animation, to reduce spam potential
  • Increased damage and knockback on the projectile, to increase reward for proper usage

Up Special- Tiger Blade

For those who have been following the project, you might remember that Lloyd's old Up special used to be a very awkward form of "omega tempest". I decided to replace this with "Tiger Blade" which is traditionally a vertical move. I was also inspired by Shulks, and Clouds recovery moves; I wanted to allow the player to choose if they want the move to act as a recovery, or as part of a combo. By pressing the special button a second time, Lloyd will drive any opponents in his path, into the ground.

Side Special- Tempest

I was absolutely astounded with the execution of Mii's in the new smash bros, and adored custom sets. The execution of this move was inspired by the tempest move Mii's were able to use. Charging Lloyds side special will result in a longer (and potentially more dangerous) Tempest arc. Unlike Mii's though, there will be either little, or no knockback when a collision is made with another player. (STILL BEING DECIDED UPON).

Down Special- Beast

Throughout the Tales series, Beast (or sometimes called Beastial Roar) has always been a move that's packed a punch. It is for this reason that I have yet to fully balance this move. I wanted it to be treated akin to Clouds Final Touch...a move which generated a massive knockback, but dealt little damage. However, unlike Cloud, Lloyd does not have a "limit break mechanic". While I would someday like to create an "Over Limit" mechanic, right now, I feel we can still accomplish something without it.
Here are a few ideas I had, which I want feedback on:
  • Using Beast on its own, takes a long time to execute. However, performing a combo will reduce the amount of time it takes to charge. This rewards you for making lengthy combos as Lloyd.
  • The player can only use Beast every so often. Upon using it, the player will have a cool down period, before they can use it again.

Thanks for following, and assisting with, the development of this project! We look forward to making something everyone will enjoy

Kindest regards,
The Tempest
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:12:15 PM by tempesttime » Logged

RedipsTheCooler
Expert Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:31:55 PM »

i could probably help with renders.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 04:41:24 AM »

I could probably help with renders, too; here are some renders(in the spoiler) that I did a long time ago with BrawlBox making custom poses(Including the Sheik one; I honestly didn't know how to preview animations back then, so I tried to mimick the pose to the best of my ability)

Very Important Note: If I did the renders with the newest BrawlBox, it would fix the lighting and the improper Alpha; also, I will only do the render for the project if it uses existing animations(Compatible with the model, of course)

Post Merge: May 21, 2016, 04:43:57 AM
    Just saying, but the reason that I will only meet that condition is just because I'm so ridiculously busy, especially right now. Tongue
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:43:58 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

tempesttime
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »

To me, the most important aspect to the renders is that it fits the quality of Brawls renders, and displays Lloyds personality.
    We received feedback on our last render batch that not only were the swords on the wrong sides, but that it didn't properly express his personality. Perhaps it would be wise to hear the public's opinion on the pose.

ProjectXBros
    Mega Kitten

Fate Was Chosen Between Heroes

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 01:02:01 AM »

i can help with renders and stocks and bps

TheRealHeroOfWinds
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 09:22:24 PM »

Hey, I can do renders.

Imgur made it a jpg due to file size :/

I also do GFX!

tempesttime
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 05:40:36 PM »

This is wicked; I love the idea of an entire community collaborating on this.

What I would like to see are people's ideas for renders. I will provide a download link to the lastest version of the mod, so you guys can mess around with him.

Silver76
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 02:19:07 PM »

I unfortunately am not good at any of those, but I know buttloads of Tales Of Symphonia, so I might be able to give suggestions for the PSA Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Silver76
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »

So, is anyone doing this?

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: