Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)

Started by Ebola16, August 03, 2016, 06:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Also how did you get the brawlex slots not to flicker and have the 6th and 7th row stretched and does the sdhc work for gecko or do I need to change my mod loader

I haven't looked into resolving the flicker (likely z-fighting) issue since it is really minor on my setup. It can probably be done by editing the positions and animations of MenSelchrPos_TopN in sc_selcharacter.pac -> MiscData30 to resolve the overlap. It may get complicated if you want to retain compatibility with Brawl's resizable CSS though.

The bottom two rows of the CSS have 15 slots as of BX CSS Expansion v1.0.2.0 Stable's release.

Use Project M 3.6's launcher or USB Loader GX's Gecko codehandler with the SDHC code.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

wont it crash more because for me brawlex starts randomly crashing the more characters i add

It's true that there are some errors in Brawlex that will cause crashes and they're more like to occur as more characters are added. My roster holds 100 movesets. If you exit the CSS after every match it very rarely crashes (even if you don't it can still be 30+ random 4 player matches before a crash occurs). Try to avoid having a player select an original brawl character for one match and then select a clone based on that character for the next match as this can cause instability (backing out of the CSS after every match can avoid this problem but the crash is infrequent enough for me that I don't think it's worth it).

Most errors are caused by improper setups though. The best way to determine what causes crashes is to have Dolphin emulator's log enabled while one occurs.

Post Merge: September 05, 2016, 03:51:36 AM

I should also probably add this to the original post.
Brawlex .rel conflict glitch:
Quote from: Ebola16 on September 05, 2016, 03:45:27 AM
Try to avoid having a player select an original brawl character for one match and then select a clone based on that character for the next match as this can cause instability (backing out of the CSS after every match can avoid this problem but the crash is infrequent enough for me that I don't think it's worth it). Possibly the cause of SSBB Alloc Buffer failed. Some of the codes on JOJI's website may help with this problem.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

K I see your point and thanks for the info hopefully this will improve my brawl playing experience

Post Merge: September 06, 2016, 12:09:34 AM

Ebola16 I tried what you said by using gecko and the SDHC code but it loaded up normal brawl is there something im doing wrong like the version of gecko or because its like on AXNextframe

You're welcome! Troubleshooting your setup is too off-topic for this thread. Post those kind of questions in the help board or the Brawlex thread.

Post Merge: September 06, 2016, 04:21:21 PM

I mistakenly said that the SDHC code and Gecko OS were compatible. They are not and I corrected my previous posts. Use Project M 3.6's launcher or USB Loader GX's Gecko codehandler with the SDHC code.

Post Merge: September 07, 2016, 11:29:08 PM

HyperL!nk sent me an interesting link for using shared pallets to reduce the filesize of sc_selcharacter.pac Shared CSP data - near CI8 quality, sub-CMPR size
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

The ASLR code is kinda buggy with BrawlEx. Before using BrawlEx, it worked fine. After installing BrawlEx, it will load random alts fine, but any alts triggered by button combinations just cause it to load the "_a" version of the stage. This applies to all stages for me, including STGCUSTOMs, and occurs on both Dolphin and an actual Wii :/
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

I'm successfully loading *_X and *_Y alt stages using the ASRL.
Are you using the correct version of the ASRL for your setup? Brawlex and PmEx use different versions of the ASRL (Brawlex version is linked in my original post).
Are you modifying the _* letter in the ASL tool? If you didn't change it from the default values that may explain why those alt stages aren't loading. The letter can be changed in the "Edit buttons" option of the ASL tool.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: Ebola16 on September 14, 2016, 04:45:34 PM
I'm successfully loading *_X and *_Y alt stages using the ASRL.
Are you using the correct version of the ASRL for your setup? Brawlex and PmEx use different versions of the ASRL (Brawlex version is linked in my original post).
Are you modifying the _* letter in the ASL tool? If you didn't change it from the default values that may explain why those alt stages aren't loading. The letter can be changed in the "Edit buttons" option of the ASL tool.

I'm using the recently released vBrawl version of ASRL that was included in the classic expansion pack with my own modset. I copied the code itself, both the data for stages and rels, and the footer. I replaced the data in that pack with the data I had previously been using with the standard ASL code.

I didn't use the ASL tool, as I prefer to do just about everything by hand. I know for a fact it was changed from the default value of "_A" to other letters, because it was working with the standard ASL code, as well as with the new ASRL code before I added BrawlEx.
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

You can try my setup although it's not the default one. See if you can get these codes to work and compare them to yours. I used EYoshi's Maxed Out SSS as my custom SSS base. Castle Siege has been replaced by STGCUSTOM26 and Lylat Cruise has been replaced by STGCUSTOM27 since the original stages interfere with the Brawlex ASRL.
Every stage (except flat zone 2) has:
Y button activator for *_Y
X button activator for *_X
Z button activator for *_Z (I haven't added any *_Z files yet so this one is untested)

Also, alt .rels are enabled on every button activator. STGCUSTOM## require alt .rels even if the alt .rel is the same as the base stage.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: Ebola16 on September 14, 2016, 08:54:35 PM
You can try my setup although it's not the default one. See if you can get these codes to work and compare them to yours. I used EYoshi's Maxed Out SSS as my custom SSS base. Castle Siege has been replaced by STGCUSTOM26 and Lylat Cruise has been replaced by STGCUSTOM27 since the original stages interfere with the Brawlex ASRL.
Every stage (except flat zone 2) has:
Y button activator for *_Y
X button activator for *_X
Z button activator for *_Z (I haven't added any *_Z files yet so this one is untested)

Also, alt .rels are enabled on every button activator. STGCUSTOM## require alt .rels even if the alt .rel is the same as the base stage.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Alrighty, I went through your codes, and it occurred to me what the problem was.

There's a bit of info in the main ASRL code that controls whether or not the button presses are "and" or "or" functions. I changed it from "or" to "and" in my code, then when I recopied the code later, I forgot to change it to "and" again. Fixed that, and it works fine now. Thank you for your help!

On a side note, my game refuses to boot if I use the custom SFX engine thingy. The thing that lets you replace sound effects with .sawnd files? This only started with the ASLR code, and unless there's a way to replace the .brsar with codes (or if both ASRL and BrawlEx work on Riivo), I'm pretty stuck. Is there a newer version of the SFX code?

Otherwise, my build has stage expanion, BrawlEx (with CBliss effect), ASLR, and CSE (got titles working, now trying to get it to work properly in Sound Test), and I'm beyond overjoyed that everything else is playing nice so far!
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Good!

I'm having no problems with the replacement soundbank engine (RSBE) and ASRL. Is this the version you're using?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you have the right version of the code and the problem still persists try making sure that the ASRL is indeed the problem source by only having ASRL-related and RSBE codes in the .gct.

And if that doesn't work Dolphin logs are the best option for finding out what's going on with your setup.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: Ebola16 on September 16, 2016, 03:56:56 AM
Good!

I'm having no problems with the replacement soundbank engine (RSBE) and ASRL. Is this the version you're using?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If you have the right version of the code and the problem still persists try making sure that the ASRL is indeed the problem source by only having ASRL-related and RSBE codes in the .gct.

And if that doesn't work Dolphin debug logs are the best option for finding out what's going on with your setup.

These are the exact same code, according to Hex'd. I'll test it with only this and the ASLR code, but at the moment, my game crashes if both are active. Removing either from the .gct causes it to boot normally. Even more bizarre is that it works perfectly on Dolphin. Absolutely no problems there. The EXACT same .gct copy-pasted crashes my Wii and is fine on Dolphin :/

EDIT: I got it to boot by turning everything off except the ASRL, custom SFX code, File Patch, and SDHC extension. Now to troubleshoot, I guess.
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Yeah that problem may be annoying to identify but Dolphin logs are probably the easiest route to go.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I got it! It appears that I was using an older version of the stage expansion code. The code I had included everything from your version, and then some. The version you have doesn't crash, but it does freak out my SSS a lot. I'll figure it out.

And yeah, those Dolphin logs have been quite a godsend.
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax