Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Solved] Can anyone tell me how to resize models in Brawlbox or PSA?  (Read 2338 times)
CraptainFalcon
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »

I'm trying to resize Bowser slightly but I don't know how to do it. Does anyone know how?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:31:08 AM by CraptainFalcon » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 06:30:02 PM »

So I have not yet made my tutorial on how to do it, but there are two ways of doing it. If possible, the first way is the way that you want to do it, because that will keep the character's Final Smash eyes regularly, 100% chance. The second way, while having a chance of keeping the character's FS eyes, will not guarantee it, and it will also have certain glitches that the first way does not have. However, the second way can be used on ANY character, whereas the first way is limited to certain fighters.(Note: I will, after I make the tutorial, which is quite a long time from now, include a list of who the first way works on and who it does not, but that tutorial is a long ways off, currently, due to that it's currently school season)

Here are the two ways. Both methods start with the same process of opening up the model in BrawlBox, expanding the ModelData[0], expanding the MDL0, and expanding the Bones folder, and then the TopN bone. The next steps (per each of the two methods) are as follows:

Way #1:
    Expand TransN, then expand XRotN. Select YRotN, and scroll down to "Scale"; edit these numbers to change the sizes. If you have difficulty with changing the numbers, you can let me know.

Way #2:
    Rename EyeYellowM(Or whatever bone is immediately preceding TransN) to some other name. Right-click TransN and select "Add to Next Up". Select the bone that you just renamed, and scroll down to "Scale", and these numbers change the sizes. Again, if you have difficulty with changing the numbers, let me know.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 07:16:08 PM »

Project Smash Attacks, the program used to play around with everything in movesets, like hitboxes, GFX placements, sounds and all that-- you'll be using the FitCharacter.pac to accomplish this.
    Here's a visual for what you want.

And this is the version I use of PSA.
    https://mega.nz/#!mV0zkCxQ!ypr1O3uXj2CQQBpYTlx63hpiRq_eQkH7iaasSljcIBY

...via PSA is quite a lot easier, though.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 07:23:32 PM »

Um.. doing it via PSA will change the size of ANY skin over [Bowser], though; so that's a good idea for if he wants to do resizes for all of his [Bowser] skins, but just in case he has [other characters] over [him], mine's a one-slot resize. Wink However, it does depend on [CraptainFalcon]'s circumstance, of whether or not he wants [Bowser] as a whole to be resized, or just [that one skin].
    Ok; just thought it would be smart to check with you which one you want to do. Smiley ["You" would be referring to CraptainFalcon in this case]

i.e. Both ways have their advantages, depending on your circumstance; if you want to resize only one skin, you'd use my method, but if you want to resize all of Bowser's skins/alternate palettes, it's better to use Kagerou's method for doing them all at once.

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »

Yeah that helped a lot actually. I wanna resize all the models so I think I'll use PSA. Kagerou, you're a god

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: