Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adding final touches on an import  (Read 8256 times)
carbuncle700
Expert Kitten

鬼神 Kill Em All 1989

View Profile Awards
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:45:29 AM »

Recently, I've resumed working on my first import for Sm4sh, and I've finally gotten the model to show up correctly after fixing the UVs. The final step I need some guidance with is fixing the materials so it's not super-bright ingame. My model has both a spec map, and a normal map; how can I edit the model's materials to apply both of these effects?

UN
Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »

I think a good google search on tutorials and such should help out with that.

Inactive

carbuncle700
    Expert Kitten

鬼神 Kill Em All 1989

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 12:14:11 AM »

I should probably update this thread by saying I've found a solution to the problem. Importing a model with both spec and normal maps causes problems with the mesh; the spec map wasn't needed. After I got rid of that, I was able to edit my model's lighting by setting the vertex colors before importing. However, now I'm having trouble actually changing the brightness of the model.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:58:17 AM by carbuncle700 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »

Hmm. Is it possible to export or replace materials, like in BrawlBox? If so, you could probably export a material by a regular Sm4sh fighter, and then replace your imported model's materials with that, and then just change which textures are being referenced in the material. However, I have never modded Smash 4, so I dunno if the materials are as easily modifiable as with Brawl.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: