Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ASH Problem  (Read 1517 times)
RedPhazon8
Newbie Kitten

RedPhazon8

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: May 04, 2010, 10:33:30 PM »

I have been following Vile's Item Guide, and I'm not stuck on anything, but when I place the common3.pac file into the SSBExtract. It always encounters a problem and never finishes. Can I get a working file from someone? I downloaded this one from the "Noob Guide / FAQ / README! / (Updated June 7)".

dingo
Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »

The fact that you're using ASH is the first problem. You can just download whatever from the resource section in BrawlVault. At the bottom.
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:41:31 PM by dingoberriz » Logged

RedPhazon8
    Newbie Kitten

RedPhazon8

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »

Yes, thanks for the quick response, after posting this I kept looking around the site and just noticed that. Lack of observation on my part, so thanks again...

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:36:29 AM »

ASH is obsolete.  The next time you want to modify basic items, use BrawlBox.

RedPhazon8
    Newbie Kitten

RedPhazon8

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »

Does the obsolete ideal go along with STASH and CUPASH? I have yet to try them out but I thought I'd might as well ask.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:28:57 PM »

Does the obsolete ideal go along with STASH and CUPASH? I have yet to try them out but I thought I'd might as well ask.

CUPASH is somewhat outdated, but it does insert multiple portraits into common5.pac.  Downside, however, is that there is a portrait limit with CUPASH, and the portraits have to be low quality; using less than 72 colors (less than 32 colors for small portraits), and requiring perfect magenta (#ff00ff) for transparency.

And of course, sc_selcharacter.pac is a more effective file for storing custom portraits; doesn't require you to restart your game for each new edit, unlike common5.pac.

In general, while CUPASH does have its uses, BrawlBox lets you insert better quality portraits (using up to 256 colors, and having multiple transparent colors), and features no steps that take as long as 30 minutes to complete.

Regarding STASH, never used it, and is now just as obsolete as ASH.

RedPhazon8
    Newbie Kitten

RedPhazon8

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »

Alright, good to know... Wink

Edit: I just used BrawlBox to place in some custum Item Textures, I replaced the current ones with the pacs already made...the ended up freezing at the Wii-Mote Strap Screen...Any pointers?
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:05:21 PM by SoulMatrix8 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: