Custom GFX Banks

Started by Lillith, September 07, 2017, 11:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 07, 2017, 11:32:57 PM Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:30:31 PM by Lillith
Probably works best with BrawlEx or PM's clone engine, but...

so, a Japanese hacker that goes by 'JOJI' seems to have figured how to do this. I had NO HAND in this at all


I implore you to look into the site itself.
http://ssbbhack.web.fc2.com/

On the sidebar you're looking for stuff at the bottom. Well, you don't have to look at the bottom of it, but that's where translated pages are.

In action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WQuWvlLKfc
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

September 08, 2017, 02:42:35 AM #1 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:50:02 AM by KingJigglypuff
Nani?!

Does this include Sword Trials (I know I saw a trail in your video, I just wanted some clarification)? Or just custom ef_fighter entries? If I could get this figured out, I could type up an English tutorial.

Edit: I just looked up the page, and it does mean custom Sword Trails. I better get to looking at this!
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

September 08, 2017, 03:07:00 AM #2 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:26:11 PM by Lillith
Welp, if you wanted to go for a tutorial that'd be cool-- I suck at tutorials, haha.

Post Merge: September 08, 2017, 03:49:25 AM

Heeeey, so more fun stuff~

SoundBank Expansion System
Also, if you add a song using the CSE: Custom Sound Engine 2.5, you will not be able to add songs from ID 4000 to e4ff.

This ID is used as the SFX ID.

You can put a lot of sound effects, but because there is a capacity limit, be careful not to exceed the capacity of the group as much as possible.

In Super Sawndz, the size: 999968 has been confirmed to be in the log when the .sawnd file is displayed. It seems that it is OK if it does not exceed this.

For more info on these, they're around the bottom of the sidebar of the site linked~

welp darn now I need to edit all of my movesets and stuff so they use all this
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!


September 08, 2017, 02:23:51 PM #4 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 04:59:33 PM by KingJigglypuff
For the GFX Bank tutorial, a lot of it is unnecessary, especially with the REFF entries. You don't need to rename those. Even if you did, you'd have to hex edit the main REFF entries to use the updated names, or else the REFF effect won't even load the sub entries.

For the moveset editing portion of it, there's only mentions of using BrawlBox v0.67, which I wouldn't recommend for certain Fighters (see my Non-BrawlBox Friendly Fighters thread for details). It would be nice to see some promotion of PSA Compressor, as it can do everything BrawlBox v0.67 does with the stability of PSA.

A TL;DR tutorial for it would be to rename your ef_fighter entry to ef_customXX and change any Graphic Effect command which uses the old ef_fighter ID to your new ef_custom00 ID. Same goes with Sword Trails, except you also need to rename the trail texture.

For the SFX stuff, I'll have to look into it sometime.

Edit: I kinda looked into the SFX stuff, but from what I read, you need a premade Snake SAWND (with all his sounds nopped out) the user made, but I can't seem to find it.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

September 08, 2017, 08:53:48 PM #5 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:12:32 PM by Lillith
Ah, I think it's more like, you import stuff into Snake's existing file, then export as whatever new ID you're using-- the provided thing is only really necessary as an empty template that can be used.

Edit:
Found it~
Bottom link on sidebar 'リンク'

Near bottom of page.
'SoundBank Expansion System用 Sawndファイル'
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Someone managed to link me, thanks though.

I've got the GFX stuff all figured out, so I'll type of a shortened tutorial in a bit. I just need to get the IDs in a readable format, as black text on a dark blue background is not okay.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

If, for any reason, anyone was sceptical about the SFX portion on it~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1w8o6dIgY

...Still, hope to see all this being used to its fullest potential, haha.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

This is amazing!

In short, this basically means we can now:

- Add extra effects to a PSA
- Add sfx to a PSA without having to replace any pre-existing soundbank as long as we have the CSE

Is this correct? If I understood it right, then this is the most groundbreaking development for quite a while!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Well, it was already possible to do extra effects to a moveset ...or am i just misunderstanding ... uh... But yep! Definitely requires a bit of work to actually accomplish though, and I don't know how many people would actually take advantage of these things...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Ricky on September 10, 2017, 03:10:10 PM- Add extra effects to a PSA
We can already do this, but with the Effect.pac Expansion System, we can do this without having to use an existing Effect.pac

Quote from: Ricky on September 10, 2017, 03:10:10 PM- Add sfx to a PSA without having to replace any pre-existing soundbank as long as we have the CSE
Not quite. We can use new Soundbanks, that's correct, but CSE isn't needed. If you're using CSE, then you can't use Song IDs 4000 through E4FF, as those ID will be used by the Soundbank Expansion System.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

JOJI's site has been updated with English pages, they can be found at the bottom of the sidebar.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

September 12, 2017, 02:27:59 PM #12 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:07:42 PM by KingJigglypuff
I wonder if it's because of the sudden discovery by English users.

Though now that some of the website's been translated, I've gotten to looking into the Custom My Music stuff, and I've figured out some of it. Here's what I've managed to figure out so far.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


TL;DR: Adding tracks to My Music is possible, but there's a few hiccups which prevent it from being fully stable.
-Tracks are automatically set to the minimum occurrence, but they can have their occurrences altered and saved (if not using the No Crash version of the Main Engine Code).
-Due to me not knowing what to name the BRSTM files, your added tracks won't play.
-You must have the My Music Configs for all stages, or else selecting the stage in My Music will lock you in. Their respective music will also not play. You can still play on the stages themselves, they just won't have music.

Once I figure out what to name the new BRSTMs, I'll be making a tutorial on the matter.

These codes date back to 2014, so who knows just how long all this has gone unnoticed for.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 12, 2017, 02:27:59 PM
I'd post the codes themselves, but I read a blip on the main page that they don't want their codes/images to be reproduced (not sure what the exact term is, as it's Google Translating Japanese to English) without permission.
Ah, yes-- I'm going to edit my posts for that.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

September 13, 2017, 03:54:29 AM #14 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:19:07 PM by KingJigglypuff
I've gotten the My Music stuff working. Turns out I was using an unsupported ID.

I've written up a tutorial, as always. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=78969

Edit: I've also made a tutorial for Effect.pac Expansion usage. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=78975
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]