Official PokeZonic Help Thread

Started by DUMMY, November 25, 2017, 07:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm working on cutting down the roster and playtesting it still.




I don't think I have any other fixes at the moment then.

Hello all! I didn't realize how recent this mod was so hopefully there are still people active working on fixes. I have a gaming computer running dolphin that has successfully run Project M, Project M EX, and Project M infinite. I can switch between these pretty easily by having several virtual SD cards.

I have tried to run Sonic Pokemon Z, after packing the files in a 4GB SD card and selecting the right boot.elf, I load into the custom elf splash screen. Upon Selecting "Launch Game" I'm shown the prompt that SD codes were found and are being applied. As brawl loads there is a short message saying loading vault, then generic unmodded brawl starts.

In Sonic Pokemon M Super +, I use a 2GB sd card, the rest is the same, but upon leaving the custom boot.elf screen, it freezes on a black screen with no game loading.

Sonic Pokemon M Super+ Advanced has the same process as Sonic Pokemon Z.

I'd like to get the newest one working, but will take any of the builds. Can you list in chronological order the versions of the mod that exist and a short bit on what's in them? It's kind of hard to tell and I can't find previews of character select screens for them.

Also I'm pretty active and mess around with SD cards a lot, feel free to use me as a guinea pig in testing stuff. This mod looks awesome and I look forward to hearing back from ya'll!


Quote from: blackstonered on March 21, 2018, 04:50:44 AM
Hello all! I didn't realize how recent this mod was so hopefully there are still people active working on fixes. I have a gaming computer running dolphin that has successfully run Project M, Project M EX, and Project M infinite. I can switch between these pretty easily by having several virtual SD cards.

I have tried to run Sonic Pokemon Z, after packing the files in a 4GB SD card and selecting the right boot.elf, I load into the custom elf splash screen. Upon Selecting "Launch Game" I'm shown the prompt that SD codes were found and are being applied. As brawl loads there is a short message saying loading vault, then generic unmodded brawl starts.

In Sonic Pokemon M Super +, I use a 2GB sd card, the rest is the same, but upon leaving the custom boot.elf screen, it freezes on a black screen with no game loading.

Sonic Pokemon M Super+ Advanced has the same process as Sonic Pokemon Z.

I'd like to get the newest one working, but will take any of the builds. Can you list in chronological order the versions of the mod that exist and a short bit on what's in them? It's kind of hard to tell and I can't find previews of character select screens for them.

Also I'm pretty active and mess around with SD cards a lot, feel free to use me as a guinea pig in testing stuff. This mod looks awesome and I look forward to hearing back from ya'll!


The official version numbers are as follows:
v3.0.5 Sonic & Pokemon X
v3.7.4 Sonic & Pokemon M
v3.8.0 Sonic & Pokemon MX
v4.3.8 Sonic & Pokemon M Super
v5.0.0 Sonic & Pokemon M Super+
v5.1.0 Sonic & Pokemon M Super+ Advanced
v6.6.1 Sonic Pokemon Z (PokeZonic)

Be sure to run the newest version of Dolphin with PokeZonic and M Super+ Advanced as those are the 4GB SD card versions.

I've tried to replicate these problems myself only to no avail. I never seem to encounter it :/

It occurs to me that you may have to use the Project M Launcher for the game to properly recognize the SDHC code!

March 25, 2018, 05:00:51 PM #68 Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:54:57 PM by 1337b2
ok I will try that


Post Merge: March 25, 2018, 09:54:57 PM

still crashes. That proably means that when you built the CSS for the current version of Sonic and Pokemon something went wrong.

Then try setting the hooktype to "VBI" in Gecko and see if that helps.

March 29, 2018, 03:54:17 PM #70 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:00:48 PM by 1337b2
ok

Post Merge: March 29, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

still crashes

Man this game looks so good i really wanted to play it on my wii


thanks for ths mod man...ive been trying to play it but cant get more than a match max to work...i play it on my wii u and use project m launcher to get it to work...freezes on CSS alot and sometimes in matches...ive maybe finished 2 matches out of 15 tries lol...i like it overall jut hoping for less crashes...thanks

August 12, 2018, 02:51:21 AM #74 Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:53:19 AM by Black Kyurem
Quote from: FederalGOKU on August 11, 2018, 03:07:31 PM
thanks for ths mod man...ive been trying to play it but cant get more than a match max to work...i play it on my wii u and use project m launcher to get it to work...freezes on CSS alot and sometimes in matches...ive maybe finished 2 matches out of 15 tries lol...i like it overall jut hoping for less crashes...thanks
Yeah, I'm not sure why this happens for other users, but not for me. Can you give me more specifics, so as to offer you my best advice? I've only tested the mod a select few times on the Wii and never had a chance to test the Wii U. What characters did you use in the 2 matches where it didn't crash?

The freezing at the start of matches is caused by Gecko OS and not the mod itself. I'm not familiar enough with Gecko OS enough to fix this. The rate of pre-battle crashes varies depending on the platform and system version.