Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Using Recolors/Other Models for Port Hacks  (Read 3516 times)
Tye2K
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: August 15, 2018, 01:41:36 PM »

REPLACING MODELS FOR PORT HACKS

The title may be confusing so I'll cut to the chase: I'm using the Dr. Mario over Olimar port but I really don't like the models or the colors and there's no recolors for the port. Luckily, I found some Dr. Mario recolors (for Mario's slot) and I know how to replace the newer models to the Olimar port and I will be explaining how to do this.

I'm not sure if this was already explained but I'll do it anyway. Also, this can work for other port mods (unless if it states that only certain models will work).

I'll be using the Dr. Mario over Olimar port for this tutorial. This is the model I don't like and will be changing.

Link:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18230

I will be replacing this old model with a newer one using Doc Mario's recolor pack.

Link:http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=215199

STEP 1: LOCATING YOUR FILE AND OPENING IT IN BRAWLBOX

Since my port is over Olimar, our files are in X:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/pikmin

Open BrawlBox and then open FitPikmin00.pac (or .pcs, your choice. Although it is recommended you do both.)

ModelData[0] = Mario's Model
    TextureData[0] = Mario's Textures

Before we go any further, we want to export the model and textures we have now, just incase it doesn't work or we want to revert back to the original changes.

Make a new folder and export ModelData[0] in there by right-clicking on it and clicking "Export"
    Do the same thing for TextureData[0].

STEP 2: IMPORTING THE NEW MODEL AND TEXTURE

Note how some textures are renamed differently. This doesn't matter, as long as you import the models and textures correctly.

Make another new folder and export the ModelData[0] and TextureData[0] of the new model you're going to use.

After you're done exporting everything, go back to the original file and right click on ModelData[0] and hit Replace (or you can use Ctrl+R)

Go to the folder where you exported the new model and texture and find the new ModelData[0]

Go to TextureData[0] and do the same thing. After you do that you're finished! Save the file.
    For all the costumes, do the exact same thing and save.

MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS WITH BOTH THE .PAC AND .PCS FILES

As stated above, after you finish everything, you will put this in X:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/pikmin

STEP 3: TESTING IT IN-GAME

After you save everything on your SD card you're ready to play! All you have to do is select the character, pick a stage and you're all set!

And here's the results:

It worked! The original color is the new model and the other color is the original model we replaced.

That's all you have to do. Happy modding!

Edit 8/15/18: I only changed the first slot but I plan on replacing all the other slots at a later time. I just discovered that with the new model and the old model in-game, everything works until you do a grab attack, as the old model goes all over the place. To avoid this I suggest replacing all slots.
    « Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:02:51 PM by Tye2K » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: