[Intermediate] 50 Costume Code Implementation Guide

Started by KingJigglypuff, February 26, 2019, 11:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

It's likely because LXP's codeset is almost at its limit in terms of codespace. It's a very big GCT, sitting at over 100 KB.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 04, 2019, 11:26:52 PM
Oh, the bx_fighter.rel is different? In that case, I have a miniature guide on how to expand costume slots by editing the bx_fighter.rel.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Though since you'd be doing this with over 200 slots, it's going to be a very long and tedious process, especially if you end up messing up somewhere and having to start over because of it.

So, a small correction from what I've seen so far, the first bit, the address is actually 0xA80, not 0x580 ...uh... At least for this 242 character thing. Probably since it needs to account for the extras, still looking into it currently though, need to spot other differences still, haha.
I'll probably just upload a patched .rel if I actually get it.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Starting with 0xA80 would only expand costumes for Ex clones. Starting at 0x580 expands costumes for everyone, so I would assume 0xA80 is the starting offset for BrawlEx 242's bx_fighter.rel.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

is it uh... is it appropriate to post this here since it's like... half related?
So I did stuff to the module, added the bytes to the bx_fighter.rel, I'm sure I've done it proper and all but it crashes upon booting, not the best on coding so it's entirely possible I just messed it up, but the Dolphin error log thing spits this out at me~


I would think it is a filesize issue, probably wrong though.
If anyone wants to have a look at the module
https://mega.nz/#!XR9iQYbZ!GyUnvNFY2qo8d96v0XMjwuX-WqOMc6P5nroRR1y6nds

It's been redone a few times with the exact same error, which is what leads to the filesize thought.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Numerous statements in your log definitely point to your issue being from file size.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Sooo... I need to figure out how memory allocation works then, huh.
Shoot.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Dang, I'm sure I imported everything correctly, my fps drops to 0 after the https://smashbroslegacy.com/ screen in LXP. I'm trying to add a FitKirby10 costume. I edited the Fighter and CSSSlot files.

I would recommend trying to implement 50 CC into LXP Lite, as LXP Full is almost at its limit in terms of codespace.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Oh, ok. I've heard some people implement it into LXP before...

July 18, 2019, 07:14:20 PM #40 Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:52:43 AM by EnKaYea
I'm having issues with the CSSlot file. For some reason, the game won't load it and the costumes are in the default order. It's a weird issue because I've gotten the extra costumes and CSSlot to work for the first 3 characters I did but now it doesn't. I guess my question is whether 50 costumes are guaranteed once I replace my files with the ones in this thread or do I have to expand the bx_fighter.rel file each time I add more costumes?

I'm using the latest PM+EX build.
Forget the reason that we hack,
oddly enough I don't even know why I started

On an unrelated note, for those who approached me regarding 50CC with LXP Full, I might have been wrong in saying LXP Full's codeset is too big for 50CC, but rather the info.pac. I forgot to mention converting the info.pac to 50CC will increase the file size due to the increased bytes per texture name for the Stock Icons. If you experience crashing after the strap screen, then it's most certainly the file size of your info.pac being too high, in which I would recommend to look into either decreasing texture sizes and/or altering texture compression of the non stock icon textures.

Quote from: EnKaYea on July 18, 2019, 07:14:20 PM
I'm having issues with the CSSlot file. For some reason, the game won't load it and the costumes are in the default order. It's a weird issue because I've gotten the extra costumes and CSSlot to work for the first 3 characters I did but now it doesn't. I guess my question is whether 50 costumes are guaranteed once I replace my files with the ones in this thread or do I have to expand the bx_fighter.rel file each time I add more costumes?

I'm using the latest PM+EX build.
You do not need to edit the bx_fighter.rel.

Would you mind posting one of your test CSSSlotConfig files for me to look at?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 19, 2019, 02:21:37 AM

Would you mind posting one of your test CSSSlotConfig files for me to look at?

This is link for Mario's, his works: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ypg4fxgjkeqj2rb/CSSSlot00.dat/file

Captain Falcon on the Other hand, refuses to work:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjh9h52yqq9fq4i/CSSSlot0A.dat/file
Forget the reason that we hack,
oddly enough I don't even know why I started

I see your problem. You didn't properly expand the CSSSlotConfig files.

Your Mario CSSSlotConfig was edited to allow 24 costumes, while your Captain Falcon CSSSlotConfig hasn't been edited, thus allowing up to 15 costumes.

You can use BrawlCrate to add costumes until you reach 50 total costumes. Open your respective CSSSlotConfig.dat in BrawlCrate, right click the "CSSSlotXX" entry, and click "Add New Entry". Also, don't forget that you also need to edit your FighterConfig.dat to allow these additional costumes.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Thank you.
Forget the reason that we hack,
oddly enough I don't even know why I started