[Intermediate] 50 Costume Code Implementation Guide

Started by KingJigglypuff, February 26, 2019, 11:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

There seems to be some major differences between 50 CC and BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver)'s bx_fighter.rel. Porting the changes of 50 CC to BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) seems like a lot of work.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Oh, the bx_fighter.rel is different? In that case, I have a miniature guide on how to expand costume slots by editing the bx_fighter.rel.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Though since you'd be doing this with over 200 slots, it's going to be a very long and tedious process, especially if you end up messing up somewhere and having to start over because of it.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

After following this, my only issue that I've had is that the costumes past spot 15 don't load in game. I.E It reuses costumes even though the CSP, BP, STC, and RSP are the proper ones. Did I not extend the CSSSlot or Fighter Config properly?

I think I might know what the problem could be. Could you add this code to your GCT and relay what happens?

QuoteThree Team Costumes for Ganon + Costume ID Fix[PyotrLuzhin]
C284CFF8 00000003
2C17000D 4180000C
38600001 48000008
7C83B830 00000000
C284CF64 0000000D
2817000D 38800000
40820050 28170003
40820048 38800001
48000040 2817000B
40820038 38800001
48000030 2817000C
40820028 38800001
48000020 2817000D
40820018 38800001
48000010 2817001B
40820008 38800001
28040001 48000008
60000000 00000000
C26998DC 00000004
80A301B8 541CD97E
2C050014 40820010
2C00001F 40820008
3B800002 00000000
C2699C20 00000006
80A301B8 541CD97E
2C050014 4082001C
2C000020 40820008
3B800002 2C00001E
40820008 3B800001
60000000 00000000
046974f0 41820034
C26974EC 00000009
7F44D378 2C1F0014
4082003C 2C190002
40820034 2C040000
4082000C 3860000E
48000020 2C040001
4082000C 3860000C
48000010 2C040002
40820008 3860000D
2C190002 00000000
04684978 41820034
C2684974 0000000A
881801C4 809801C0
7FA3EB78 2C030014
4082003C 2C000002
40820034 2C040000
4082000C 3860000E
48000020 2C040001
4082000C 3860000C
48000010 2C040002
40820008 3860000D
2C000002 00000000
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

It didn't change anything that I can tell.

I added the code to the end of my codeset so unless it needs to replace something, it didn't fix it.

To clarify the situation, I added costumes to Mario so that he would have 17, however his 16th and 17th costumes reuse his default and his fire mario costumes when loading in game

Alright, did you edit your Fighter00.dat to enable the two unknown flags under the costume flags?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Yes, I edited both the Fighter config file to have both flags set and the CSSSlot config file to have the needed amount of costumes set. Would it be easier to send you the files or something to take a look?

Has this ever happened before in your experience of testing/bug reports?

I only encountered the issue during the very old beta stages of 50 CC and was fixed with the things I mentioned.

If you're not using an extensively edited Project M build, I'd recommend you to take a look at the pre-made build I made for ease of access to advanced features.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Ok that sounds like a good idea. Do you have a recommended program for converting the sd.raw file into folders for Wii?

If you have 7-Zip, you can open the sd.raw and extract the folders and files and put them onto your SD Card, given you have either Gecko OS (Homebrew) or the Stage Builder exploit file (Hackless) on your physical SD card.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

March 17, 2019, 02:53:30 PM #25 Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 06:47:55 PM by PDubs44
Alright great. Thank you so much for your help KJP!

Post Merge: March 17, 2019, 06:47:55 PM

I found the issue! It has to do with the codeset in some way. I just have to narrow it down to what code exactly it is.

I might need to try this on my version of Project M sometime.

Hey KJP love your work, I just wanted to confirm whether or not this would work with LegacyXP or XP Lite, as XP black screens upon boot when i add the masquerade code.

In theory, 50 CC should work with LXP-based builds. Just be mindful of file size.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

April 06, 2019, 01:24:15 AM #29 Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:29:46 AM by Falcondorf
Hmmm it doesn't go past the strap screen, and when I add the 3 lines of code it doesn't make it past the launcher... I'll just stick to regular PMEX I guess