Having issues loading mods on my Wii

Started by Giga Man, March 18, 2020, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 18, 2020, 09:07:25 PM Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:21:08 AM by Giga Man
Hello to anyone who is still here!

So, I've been out of the modding scene for a very long time, and I'm very rusty on my knowledge. I'm trying to load up some of my old collection of Brawl mods, but I can't get anything to show up but a regular Brawl. Well, not completely regular. The codes seem to work, as my CSS is altered, but nothing really changed. I've tried running it through CFG USB Loader, and with the game disc. The result is the same. I've even tried running a pre-made modpack, PMEX: Remix 0.7b to be exact, but still nothing. The game just boots straight into the CSS, which I assume is a part of the coding.

So, in short, the codes register, but the mods don't. I swear I have everything where it needs to be. (Root:)/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf and all the rest. What am I missing?

Is there a more streamlined process to loading mods nowadays?

EDIT: OK, apparently I forgot I can't run hacks through a 16GB SDHC card. So, I dug up an old 2GB SD card and everything is working as intended. Problem solved!

Although... I could have sworn I read somewhere that there was a way to run hacks on any SD card of any size, but I didn't read too much into it... Was I mistaken? I would appreciate some clarification on this.

Glad to see it works now, but it's a bit weird. I use a 16GB SDHC card to play Project M, and it seems to work. I also use CFG USB Loader since my Wii can't read dual layered discs anymore, and as far as I can remember, I didn't have to make additional configurations to make that SD card work.

Could it be the SD card format?

March 21, 2020, 01:39:21 AM #2 Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:40:14 AM by Giga Man
Quote from: Understudy on March 20, 2020, 03:45:06 AM
Glad to see it works now, but it's a bit weird. I use a 16GB SDHC card to play Project M, and it seems to work. I also use CFG USB Loader since my Wii can't read dual layered discs anymore, and as far as I can remember, I didn't have to make additional configurations to make that SD card work.

Could it be the SD card format?

I have no idea. My card format is FAT32. Is yours different? I am at a total lo ss here.

Mine is FAT32 too, I think that's the suggested format. I'm honestly clueless on what could it be.

If you're using SDHC, you'll need SDHC Extension 1.1[Reinsertion support]
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!