Brawl Young Link [Toon port soon, melee weapons too !)

Started by Pik, May 17, 2010, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So all you have left to do is the resizeing?
Alucard
An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Rubber Soul on September 01, 2010, 03:31:09 AM
I'm still Pik. This name change is just for fun.


Wave, he'll be one slot on normal Link; I still have no idea if TL's one slot will work out well.

*facepalm* ...Ugh...Well there goes half of the hype I had for this... -~-'

Oh well, hopefully someone will figure something out. *wants to kill off and replace Toon Link completely with Young Link*


Well, what I had in mind was a really large scale version of the one-slot motionetc concept. If I had the time to add "Y" to the end of all of Link's bone data, I could import all of them into TL's motion etcetera (not replacing his normal ones)

But then there'd probably be filesize problems with Gecko. And maybe hitbox displacement.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


I just wanted to say, thank you very much. All of your work is amazing, and I've wanted a Young Link for quite some time now. Yours is looking awesome, so congratulations.

I hope you get to finish it soon!
http://shinegarden.blogspot.com/
Home to my short inspiration bursts. You're welcome to read and comment.

I hope someone manages to make this a one-slot on Toon Link. I like TL, but want this too.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


me too
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

So when this is down and over Link, will the hit boxes and damage boxes be smaller and in the right places?

Yeah. They're fine.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Rubber Soul on September 01, 2010, 03:45:24 PM
Well, what I had in mind was a really large scale version of the one-slot motionetc concept. If I had the time to add "Y" to the end of all of Link's bone data, I could import all of them into TL's motion etcetera (not replacing his normal ones)

But then there'd probably be filesize problems with Gecko. And maybe hitbox displacement.
I can help you with this Pik, if you'd like.  PM me.


So one slot, eh?

If your using DingoBerriz method of resizing, don't you have to use the Motion file? :srs:
I guess One slot does not mean one file. :af:
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Power Marshall on September 02, 2010, 06:40:22 PM
So one slot, eh?

If your using DingoBerriz method of resizing, don't you have to use the Motion file? :srs:
I guess One slot does not mean one file. :af:

Talking to him about this is actually how we figured it out the method for these kind of hacks. =P

And even if it requires a motion file, the motion file still only applies to this one slot. If used without motion file, he should just be normal Link sized or whatever size he was after vertexing since the YRotN bone does nothing.

It still only takes up one texture slot regardless. And a motion file that doesn't hurt anything isn't that bad to have to use. ;)

Yea, the only thing that would be bad about using the motion file is the fact that it makes psa more complex, due to the fact that this increases the size and wont work without it. Though if someone wanted to do a psa, they could resize with codes and use the original moveset, because it is impossible to make a 1 slot psa.
Alucard
An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Cocopuff on September 03, 2010, 03:21:43 AM
Yea, the only thing that would be bad about using the motion file is the fact that it makes psa more complex, due to the fact that this increases the size and wont work without it.
The magic of the "clean" button that only works with BrawlBox .62b, clicking clean on every animation lowers the file size down quite a bit, allowing more to be added or changed.

Although I wish people payed more attention for the thread to discuss size modding. -_-

(my second sig if anyone wants to discuss size modding somewhere that isn't this topic)

When this is released theres gonna be Nasty texture hacks for this

by nasty i mean alot


I'd do as KAZE did and say "NO EDITS ALLOWED!"

Though he ended up allowing many...   *facepalm*
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]