Poll
Question: What next?
Zilch - 28 (16.3%)
Nichts - 34 (19.8%)
Nothing - 43 (25%)
Nada - 67 (39%)
Total Voters: 172

Pages:  1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 420
Author Topic: SJS CSPs - Back in Action! (For Now)  (Read 1878414 times)
KittehMeko
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5280 on: September 15, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »

Seriously, Why haven't you got a call from Nintendo to be their lead art producer or what ever it's called, for SSB4?

Kaye Cruiser
Waveshocker Sigma
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5281 on: September 15, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »

I won't speak for SJS, but this question does seem equivalent to asking an artist when they plan to stop drawing.

I AM an artist. That's exactly why I'm asking. XD

Not all artists are going to answer "never" or "when I die" like you're probably thinking. ¦D

The whole artistic mindset is cute and all, but I'm kinda looking forward to a CSP pack with an eventual end rather than one that comes close to being finished but then starts over again for the millionth time.

Doesn't anyone else want something that feels like a new standardized and official package?

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5282 on: September 15, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »

Doesn't anyone else want something that feels like a new standardized and official package?
    Sure, but I think most of us are happy to take the bad with the good. The package is going to be a while off, but it's going to be really awesome. SJS should probably be happy with that standard, right?

EDIT: I stand corrected. haha Glad he's happy with everything. Everyone wins.
    « Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:33:46 PM by dmick » Logged

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5283 on: September 15, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »

Those Dorfs and Zeldas look WAY too good, now, the wait for the SP's begin...

Made them yesterday but forgot to add them. They're up now.

You know, I'm gonna be that guy. Mainly cause no one else ever seems to ask this.

Exactly when do you plan on being finished with these and stopping? XD

Seriously, it's like just when a whole set seems like it's going to be finished, full and complete, you end up switching things up yet again and starting all over again and again and again. It gets kinda tedious to update every single time, hoping that this'll be the definitive  and finalized version of the CSP pack only for it all to start over again. ¦D

I love the work you put into these, but I'm starting to see no end for them in sight so I had to ask to sate my curiosity. Is there a finish line for this with the main characters/CSPs at the least? o.o

Every character (except Ness and Jigglypuff) is final now. Might go back and touch up a few characters like DK, Link, or Mario, but it won't be anything major. Something along the lines of the Pit and Olimar updates. And I've hardly started over repeatedly, that's nothing but hyperbole. Every update I've done for a character was to improve aesthetics. Zelda's pose was ancient and did not look good compared the the rest of the cast, and Ganondorf was posed awkwardly. It felt it was overdue for them, really. Never really thought about what other people thought of all these revisions.

But I guess the answer to your question is soon-ish. Because I probably won't be doing all this a year from now.

Seriously, Why haven't you got a call from Nintendo to be their lead art producer or what ever it's called, for SSB4?

Haha... I know, right?

Also updated my default and PM CSP packs. Default one works for sure. Can someone who knows what they're doing confirm the PM pack works, too? It works for me, but I've gotten reports from people having problems replacing the char_bust_tex_lz77.pac file in the past.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33429
    « Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:43:00 PM by SJS » Logged

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #5284 on: September 15, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »

PM CSS stuff checked out for me. If people are getting a freeze, they probably added something else that put them over the file-size limit.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5285 on: September 15, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »

Every character (except Ness and Jigglypuff) is final now. Might go back and touch up a few characters like DK, Link, or Mario, but it won't be anything major. Something along the lines of the Pit and Olimar updates. And I've hardly started over repeatedly, that's nothing but hyperbole. Every update I've done for a character was to improve aesthetics. Zelda's pose was ancient and did not look good compared the the rest of the cast, and Ganondorf was posed awkwardly. It felt it was overdue for them, really. Never really thought about what other people thought of all these revisions.

But I guess the answer to your question is soon-ish. Because I probably won't be doing all this a year from now.

Eh, I will admit that I did exaggerate a bit. I didn't mean to make it sound like you've restarted a billion times or anything, nor do I mean to say that the updates you've done have been miniscule or hardly noticeable. That's far from what I'm thinking as I've enjoyed all of them. These two most recent ones included. Zelda's looks majestic and absolutely beautiful while Ganon looks absolutely threatening and empowering. If that's what you were going for, you hit it spot on.

So yeah, sorry if I caused a misunderstanding in that regard. I'm glad to hear that it all will be finished and finalized sometime soon, though. I've been looking forward to the day that P:M is finished too and I could use all of these with it. If anything, I feel like P:M should have these CSPs as their defaults considering it helps give that new look and feel as a game that P:M's structure already has.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to the next updates. :3

Purpa(Rage83)
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5286 on: September 15, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »

This might not be all that great of a suggestion, but, have you ever thought of doing filler CSPs for cBliss?

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #5287 on: September 15, 2013, 08:07:26 PM »

PM CSS stuff checked out for me. If people are getting a freeze, they probably added something else that put them over the file-size limit.
    Awesome, thanks for the second opinion.

Eh, I will admit that I did exaggerate a bit. I didn't mean to make it sound like you've restarted a billion times or anything, nor do I mean to say that the updates you've done have been miniscule or hardly noticeable. That's far from what I'm thinking as I've enjoyed all of them. These two most recent ones included. Zelda's looks majestic and absolutely beautiful while Ganon looks absolutely threatening and empowering. If that's what you were going for, you hit it spot on.

So yeah, sorry if I caused a misunderstanding in that regard. I'm glad to hear that it all will be finished and finalized sometime soon, though. I've been looking forward to the day that P:M is finished too and I could use all of these with it. If anything, I feel like P:M should have these CSPs as their defaults considering it helps give that new look and feel as a game that P:M's structure already has.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to the next updates. :3

Nah, I get where you're coming from. Have to draw the line somewhere or else I'd be stuck in a never ending loop of revisions.

This might not be all that great of a suggestion, but, have you ever thought of doing filler CSPs for cBliss?

What do you mean?

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5288 on: September 15, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »

What do you mean?
    Pretty sure he's referring to the black silhouettes used for the extra slots that have the colored numbers in the middle to signify which slot it is.

Like these: http://kc-mm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/cbliss.png

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5289 on: September 16, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »

Just throwing a third opinion in there, but Shun_One is right. The CSPs are working just fine in P:M. Having no issues at all. :3

By the way, has the thought of replacing the other renders of the characters in different part of the games with these come to mind for you too? Like the ones that pop up in Classic Mode or All-Star and so on? Or is that a bit too much? XD

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5290 on: September 16, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »

would you please do csp's for this hack?
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32251

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5291 on: September 16, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »

He ain't taking requests for a long time, buddy. You're gonna have to wait like the rest of us. Sad

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #5292 on: September 16, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »

Just throwing a third opinion in there, but Shun_One is right. The CSPs are working just fine in P:M. Having no issues at all. :3

By the way, has the thought of replacing the other renders of the characters in different part of the games with these come to mind for you too? Like the ones that pop up in Classic Mode or All-Star and so on? Or is that a bit too much? XD

You've downloaded the latest CSP pack, right? Try playing Classic Mode.

As for the other stuff, I did plan on replacing other things eventually.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5293 on: September 16, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »

You've downloaded the latest CSP pack, right? Try playing Classic Mode.

As for the other stuff, I did plan on replacing other things eventually.

I just gave it a shot. Nicely done, SJS. It just gives such a great and fresh feeling to it all. XD

It's moments like these where the importance and the overall effect of aesthetics really shows.

WarioBrtsm
    Expert Kitten

YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5294 on: September 18, 2013, 08:36:56 PM »

That's some real neat csps for zelda. You should do the recolors for the Scarlet Zelda PSA. Just Super Saiyan.

Pages:  1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 420
    Print
    Jump to: