Music Guide and FAQ

Started by Vyse, June 20, 2009, 11:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.


No, I also made music for X02 and X05. Still none of them seem to work.


I know this isnt totally music related but, I downloaded the custom CSS codes, and the ones that get Giga Bowser, and the alloys in the CSS. As well as the code that gives the alloys results screen animations. However, I have a problem. The codes say that they dont wreck "my music" but it did so anyways, and now my game freezes whenever i try to go into it. It does this even when im not using hacks. How do i fix this? Do i have to delete my save data and start over? does that fix it? Otherwise im guessing this means i can no longer do music replacement.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

January 17, 2010, 06:04:07 AM #244 Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:09:42 AM by Poliwag
Quote from: Vyse on January 16, 2010, 08:06:46 PM
Are you PAL?
I use NTSC. Perhaps it's a problem when I created the song I can give a brief writing on what I did.

I downloaded all tools and placed them in C:/brawlmusic (no spaces). I then ran gwave and opened a mp3 file song. I saved the song in my brawlmusic folder as a .wav 16bit stereo. I didn't edit the song at all because I didn't think it needed it. I then right clicked the left speaker(green), pressed channel, and then saved selection as "loftyL". I did the same for the right speaker and called it "loftyR". I then ran Start.bat, selected B, typed in w23, and then deleted w23R & w23L. I renamed both loftyR to w23R and loftyL to w23L. I then continued with Start.bat and waited. When it asked me to input the starting point I typed 0 and continued. I named my brstm file lofty. I opened my EditedSongs folder and renamed it to X03. I then stuck it into my SD card under strm.

Not sure if this will help, but I'm thinking it may be because of the rename, I'll test it out.

Quote from: Poliwag on January 17, 2010, 06:04:07 AM
Quote from: Vyse on January 16, 2010, 08:06:46 PM
Are you PAL?
I use NTSC. Perhaps it's a problem when I created the song I can give a brief writing on what I did.

I downloaded all tools and placed them in C:/brawlmusic (no spaces). I then ran gwave and opened a mp3 file song. I saved the song in my brawlmusic folder. I didn't edit the song at all because I didn't think it needed it. I then right clicked the left speaker(green), pressed channel, and then saved selection as "loftyL". I did the same for the right speaker and called it "loftyR". I then ran Start.bat, selected B, typed in w23, and then deleted w23R & w23L. I renamed both loftyR to w23R and loftyL to w23L. I then continued with Start.bat and waited. When it asked me to input the starting point I typed 0 and continued. I named my brstm file lofty. I opened my EditedSongs folder and renamed it to X03. I then stuck it into my SD card under strm.

Not sure if this will help, but I'm thinking it may be because of the rename, I'll test it out.

Check the file size of your .brstm files. If they say 0 KB, or if they make WinAmp crash, then the .brstm didn't convert properly.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

The file size is aprox 9500KB. My WinAmp isn't working for brstm formats. I could probably fix the problem following the guide, but I didn't think it was that necessary.

Did you get vgmstream for WinAmp?

Anyways, you can just pre-hear it in BrawlBox.

Yes, I got vgmstream, can't figure out how to work it. Test.exe just crashes after I run it. The read me doesn't explain that well.

I tried opening one of my brstm songs on BrawlBox and it only shows me sizes, loop points and etc.. Is it supposed to play songs?

January 18, 2010, 03:42:15 PM #249 Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:45:47 PM by Phoenix
BrawlBox can play it. You can also click "Loop" to loop it while it's playing.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


If you open the readme in vgmstream, I think there's an additional download, and you put that in the plug-in folder of WinAmp.

...BrawlBox > WinAmp.

January 19, 2010, 01:34:05 AM #251 Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:36:33 AM by Poliwag
Thanks for your guys help. I'll see if I can get my brawl box working.

Troubleshooting:
I tried downloading one of Phoenix's songs (the Metal Battle(melee), for battle field) threw it on my SD card under private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm and named it X04.brstm (for battle field). Then I ran my Gecko. In the brawl menu I went to Options/My Music and selected Battlefield. I turn all the music except for "Battlefield" off.
It is still only playing the song battlefield, Q_Q. Could it be my Gecko version, or perhaps I'm naming them wrong?

I feel crazy for asking this, but it's the only thing I can think of... are you sure you're using the latest version of the code?

I fixed it. I think I copied the code wrong cause when I remade my GCT file it worked fine.

So I've run into a problem that for some custom songs, while the song is playing in the game, it will cut off halfway through and then play a different custom song that sounds choppy and kind of corrupted.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong as it only does this for some songs