Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24
Author Topic: Music Guide and FAQ  (Read 158651 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #240 on: January 16, 2010, 12:46:47 AM »

Is X03 the only one not working?

Poliwag
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #241 on: January 16, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »

No, I also made music for X02 and X05. Still none of them seem to work.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2010, 01:06:46 PM »

Are you PAL?

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: January 16, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »

I know this isnt totally music related but, I downloaded the custom CSS codes, and the ones that get Giga Bowser, and the alloys in the CSS. As well as the code that gives the alloys results screen animations. However, I have a problem. The codes say that they dont wreck "my music" but it did so anyways, and now my game freezes whenever i try to go into it. It does this even when im not using hacks. How do i fix this? Do i have to delete my save data and start over? does that fix it? Otherwise im guessing this means i can no longer do music replacement.

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

Poliwag
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #244 on: January 16, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »

Are you PAL?
    I use NTSC. Perhaps it's a problem when I created the song I can give a brief writing on what I did.

I downloaded all tools and placed them in C:/brawlmusic (no spaces). I then ran gwave and opened a mp3 file song. I saved the song in my brawlmusic folder as a .wav 16bit stereo. I didn't edit the song at all because I didn't think it needed it. I then right clicked the left speaker(green), pressed channel, and then saved selection as "loftyL". I did the same for the right speaker and called it "loftyR". I then ran Start.bat, selected B, typed in w23, and then deleted w23R & w23L. I renamed both loftyR to w23R and loftyL to w23L. I then continued with Start.bat and waited. When it asked me to input the starting point I typed 0 and continued. I named my brstm file lofty. I opened my EditedSongs folder and renamed it to X03. I then stuck it into my SD card under strm.

Not sure if this will help, but I'm thinking it may be because of the rename, I'll test it out.
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:09:42 PM by Poliwag » Logged

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2010, 11:06:53 PM »

Are you PAL?
    I use NTSC. Perhaps it's a problem when I created the song I can give a brief writing on what I did.

I downloaded all tools and placed them in C:/brawlmusic (no spaces). I then ran gwave and opened a mp3 file song. I saved the song in my brawlmusic folder. I didn't edit the song at all because I didn't think it needed it. I then right clicked the left speaker(green), pressed channel, and then saved selection as "loftyL". I did the same for the right speaker and called it "loftyR". I then ran Start.bat, selected B, typed in w23, and then deleted w23R & w23L. I renamed both loftyR to w23R and loftyL to w23L. I then continued with Start.bat and waited. When it asked me to input the starting point I typed 0 and continued. I named my brstm file lofty. I opened my EditedSongs folder and renamed it to X03. I then stuck it into my SD card under strm.

Not sure if this will help, but I'm thinking it may be because of the rename, I'll test it out.

Check the file size of your .brstm files. If they say 0 KB, or if they make WinAmp crash, then the .brstm didn't convert properly.

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Poliwag
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #246 on: January 16, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »

The file size is aprox 9500KB. My WinAmp isn't working for brstm formats. I could probably fix the problem following the guide, but I didn't think it was that necessary.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #247 on: January 17, 2010, 09:14:56 PM »

Did you get vgmstream for WinAmp?

Anyways, you can just pre-hear it in BrawlBox.

Poliwag
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #248 on: January 18, 2010, 08:10:47 AM »

Yes, I got vgmstream, can't figure out how to work it. Test.exe just crashes after I run it. The read me doesn't explain that well.

I tried opening one of my brstm songs on BrawlBox and it only shows me sizes, loop points and etc.. Is it supposed to play songs?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2010, 08:42:15 AM »

BrawlBox can play it. You can also click "Loop" to loop it while it's playing.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:45:47 AM by Phoenix » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #250 on: January 18, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »

If you open the readme in vgmstream, I think there's an additional download, and you put that in the plug-in folder of WinAmp.

...BrawlBox > WinAmp.

Poliwag
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #251 on: January 18, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »

Thanks for your guys help. I'll see if I can get my brawl box working.

Troubleshooting:
    I tried downloading one of Phoenix's songs (the Metal Battle(melee), for battle field) threw it on my SD card under private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm and named it X04.brstm (for battle field). Then I ran my Gecko. In the brawl menu I went to Options/My Music and selected Battlefield. I turn all the music except for "Battlefield" off.
    It is still only playing the song battlefield, Q_Q. Could it be my Gecko version, or perhaps I'm naming them wrong?
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:36:33 PM by Poliwag » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2010, 11:58:50 AM »

I feel crazy for asking this, but it's the only thing I can think of... are you sure you're using the latest version of the code?

Poliwag
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #253 on: January 22, 2010, 04:15:48 AM »

I fixed it. I think I copied the code wrong cause when I remade my GCT file it worked fine.

Exia00Gundam
    Newbie Kitten

Taking off is optional, Landing is MANDATORY

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #254 on: February 18, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »

So I've run into a problem that for some custom songs, while the song is playing in the game, it will cut off halfway through and then play a different custom song that sounds choppy and kind of corrupted.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong as it only does this for some songs

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 24
    Print
    Jump to: