Music Guide and FAQ

Started by Vyse, June 20, 2009, 11:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SuddenDeath on November 10, 2010, 03:55:05 PM
I am using the BCSM GUI v1.5.0.0
All my songs are full, loop is checked. It loops perfectly when I test play the .brstm on the program. The format for the file is WAV PCM signed 16 bit Stereo 32000Hz and 1024 kbps.
Is that too high? ;__; It's really heavy Nintendocore .-.
However, I use the SD card loader, and when it loads the music, it cuts out and starts playing a staticky version of another song instead? :I
I don't really think I should try the backing up and reformatting because I have 60mb free on the SD.
Any help is deeply appreciated :3

Clear space off your card, a lot of it, or buy a bigger card. If you're using a 2 GB, throw out what you don't need. Having more free space usually fixes the problem.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Don't go over 2 GB, though; Brawl's not compatible with anything higher.

...or defrag your SD card to get rid of the static/glitchy music.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


November 11, 2010, 01:04:51 AM #303 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:06:28 AM by Vyse
If he knows about reformatting, he probably knows about defragmenting, since they're always mentioned together, as far as I know... Guess a reminder doesn't hurt.

Edit: Except in my FAQ. How the hell. Oh well, fixed it.

November 11, 2010, 01:56:04 PM #304 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:03:57 PM by SuddenDeath
Quote from: Haku-men on November 11, 2010, 12:02:51 AM
Clear space off your card, a lot of it, or buy a bigger card. If you're using a 2 GB, throw out what you don't need. Having more free space usually fixes the problem.

@Haku-men Thanks a bunch :] It definitely got rid of the static and switching songs.

@Vyse Thank you so much, I watched and read your tutorial. I just thought maybe the high quality could've been the problem, but you said something about that not being the problem. I apologize, I was up late doing this. .-.

@segtendo I just had to reformat it, but if it gets full again, I'll try that. :D

EDIT: I am using a 2gb, I'm aware of the fact that it sadly can't handle any higher than that ;-;
Sorry you're not a winner.

You said the song was 32khz, so I don't think quality makes any difference. I'm pretty sure the bitrate is irrelevant.

mmm i read  this but not all of it because my mother language isn't english(not understanding well)
i was gonna just see my problem in my musics
but it turns convoluted
so can you help me plz?

my problem:
when i put a music in my SD it works but why in the middle of playing ,the music turns like S**T remix of my other brstms (other music play weird)

Quote from: RAY on December 31, 2010, 02:23:30 PM
mmm i read  this but not all of it because my mother language isn't english(not understanding well)
i was gonna just see my problem in my musics
but it turns convoluted
so can you help me plz?

my problem:
when i put a music in my SD it works but why in the middle of playing ,the music turns like S**T remix of my other brstms (other music play weird)

I had this problem before, the only solution i know is to download the brstm/create it again. You can test it in a program that can read brstms like Winamp, to see if it plays all the way through. I hope that helps some.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Quote6. Sometimes, when I use a song with the SD Loader, I hear a lot of static, or the game suddenly switches to another song. What's up with that?
This problem has varying causes. Try defragmenting your SD card. If that doesn't work, make a backup of everything on the SD card, then reformat it. According to Phantom Wings, songs that have a sampling rate higher than 32 kbps can cause this, but I don't think anyone is going to apologize for making songs too high-quality. Songs replaced on the ISO do not have this problem.

Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on December 31, 2010, 08:10:49 PM
Quote from: RAY on December 31, 2010, 02:23:30 PM
mmm i read  this but not all of it because my mother language isn't english(not understanding well)
i was gonna just see my problem in my musics
but it turns convoluted
so can you help me plz?

my problem:
when i put a music in my SD it works but why in the middle of playing ,the music turns like S**T remix of my other brstms (other music play weird)

I had this problem before, the only solution i know is to download the brstm/create it again. You can test it in a program that can read brstms like Winamp, to see if it plays all the way through. I hope that helps some.
thanks it works ^^ (i like you lol)

Really quick question. What folder destination can the sound effects of various attacks be found? Like if I wanted to adjust falco's laser to a stormtrooper blaster, turn up the volume of the sound a shield makes when it comes up, make changes to the sound of ness's bat making contact with something; those sort of things.

what if I use riivolution. how can i rename it to a certain stage song or what do i do.

And those with Sony ACID can also pull off the perfect loops (and have no effort on the brawl box part) :af2:

It's probably been asked a bunch now, but I didn't see it in the few pages I scanned:

When you save the separate Right and Left music files (in an attempt to make your song stereo), are you sure you save it as "PCM signed 16-bit mono", and not "PCM signed 16-bit stereo"? This is for regular songs, not victory music.

Quote from: flyinelk212 on March 19, 2011, 02:34:12 AM
It's probably been asked a bunch now, but I didn't see it in the few pages I scanned:

When you save the separate Right and Left music files (in an attempt to make your song stereo), are you sure you save it as "PCM signed 16-bit mono", and not "PCM signed 16-bit stereo"? This is for regular songs, not victory music.
:srs:
It sounds like you're doing this with Androu1's tool. Are you sure you're using the tutorial in this thread? Because you don't need to seperate channels while using the Brawlbox method.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]