Music Guide and FAQ

Started by Vyse, June 20, 2009, 11:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 19, 2011, 04:01:43 AM #315 Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:04:12 AM by flyinelk212
Interesting...

Yeah, I read this tutorial, to the tee. Quote:


Quote from: Vyse on June 20, 2009, 11:03:11 PM
--- Creating Your brstm(#brstm)

Get to the folder on your hard drive where you extracted the brstm tool. Double-click Start.bat. Enter A for mono or B for stereo, then enter the name of the brstm in OriginalSongs. It will then tell you to "read the enclosed instruction booklet." Instead, refer to the following paragraph that matches the option you chose.

---- Mono (#mono)

In GoldWave, click File > Save As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you're using the brstm I provided, you will see a file named w23.wav. Save your current song with the same name and click Yes when asked if you want to replace it.



---- Stereo (#stereo)

In GoldWave, press Ctrl+A to make sure you have the whole song selected. Now press Ctrl+Shift+L to select only the left channel. Click File > Save Selection As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you're using the brstm I provided, you'll see two files: w23L.wav and w23R.wav. Save the current selection as w23L. Press Ctrl+Shift+R to select the right channel, then click File > Save Selection As and save over w23R.

-> ->

Go back to the tool and press Enter. When the tool asks for your starting loop point, enter 0 for a regular loop or paste the number from your second calculator for a custom loop. Give the song a name when prompted, and you're done! If you want to make sure it came out right, jump to the Testing section.

:srs:
Vyse, why would you Need to seperate the chaNNels? You only had to do that with ANdrou1's tool.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 20, 2011, 02:05:41 PM #317 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:07:26 PM by Vyse
Quote from: SegteNdo on March 19, 2011, 04:54:22 AM
:srs:
Vyse, why would you Need to seperate the chaNNels? You only had to do that with ANdrou1's tool.
Because this tutorial uses Androu1's tool

herp

Quote from: flyinelk212 on March 19, 2011, 02:34:12 AM
It's probably been asked a bunch now, but I didn't see it in the few pages I scanned:

When you save the separate Right and Left music files (in an attempt to make your song stereo), are you sure you save it as "PCM signed 16-bit mono", and not "PCM signed 16-bit stereo"? This is for regular songs, not victory music.
It hasn't been asked, actually. And yes, you do. You save each channel as a separate mono file, and the tool combines them into one stereo file.

Could you post a screencap of what you see when you get this error? Include what the root of the music tool folder looks like at the time, too. (Just to be clear, when I say "root of the music tool folder," I mean this: )

June 24, 2011, 02:50:14 AM #319 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:54:05 AM by mr pants
Quote from: Vyse on May 10, 2011, 01:24:02 AM
Could you post a screencap of what you see when you get this error? Include what the root of the music tool folder looks like at the time, too. (Just to be clear, when I say "root of the music tool folder," I mean this: )

Yeah, sure.
And sorry for the REALLY late reply...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Please help. This is the last thing I have to do to get a working .brstm...
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


Hmm.

This might be because part of your file path has a space in it ("Program Files"). Try moving it up, out of Program Files and onto the root of the C drive. (The space in "Local Disk" shouldn't matter, since that's just a name for the drive; the actual path would be C:\BrawlMusicTool)

If that doesn't fix it... are you sure you're using the version of the tool I have in the guide? I've never had any trouble with it.

But I'm pretty sure it's the file path thing.

June 24, 2011, 07:52:21 AM #321 Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:43:25 AM by mr pants
Quote from: Vyse on June 24, 2011, 04:16:27 AM
Hmm.

This might be because part of your file path has a space in it ("Program Files"). Try moving it up, out of Program Files and onto the root of the C drive. (The space in "Local Disk" shouldn't matter, since that's just a name for the drive; the actual path would be C:\BrawlMusicTool)

If that doesn't fix it... are you sure you're using the version of the tool I have in the guide? I've never had any trouble with it.

But I'm pretty sure it's the file path thing.

Oh sweet, so there wasn't much wrong with it?
Curse my inability to follow fine detail!
I'll try that and update on any changes.
Thanks!

EDIT: It worked! I now have a working .brstm with custom loops! Thanks so much for your help!
EDIT EDIT: That first EDIT was before I tested it in BrawlBox. I put it into BrawlBox, and it played W23 (Which I believe was the Multi-Man Melee theme from SSBM) instead of my song. In other words, I failed. AGAIN.

Need help, Plz!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Never mind I got it. Turns out I was using the mono files from W23.brstm instead of my own because I didn't change the name... *facepalm*
'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'


What's the recommended decibel level for SFX? I know that music is 95 and victory themes are 97, but...
Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?


Quote from: Mewcario on November 06, 2011, 07:22:09 AM
What's the recommended decibel level for SFX? I know that music is 95 and victory themes are 97, but...
I don't measure db, i just blast it as loud as i can while removing ALL clipping caused by it...
sony acid says it's at infinite (max level) and -136 (softest) I simply max that meter without exceeding it

as such....

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn924bl2xjl1rxg <- example of how loud I do my audio

I do the same thing with SFX, I blast it as loud as i safely can

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm having an issue with my mu_menumain.pac, where I edit the MiscData[7].msbin to change song names in My Music. I was doing this for a while until I added a few more songs and then edited it a bit more, and now when I start brawl it chokes up after the title screen. I've tested it a bit and MiscData[7] is the problem, but I don't know why or how to fix it. Has anyone else had this issue?

I get all the way until the point where I need to convert to brstm.  When I play it in BrawlBox it plays the song that came in the Original Song file, W23.

Quote from: Darth Indiana Bond on February 04, 2012, 01:00:57 AM
I get all the way until the point where I need to convert to brstm.  When I play it in BrawlBox it plays the song that came in the Original Song file, W23.
what exactly is the issue? when converting, it should play whatever file you chose, not use a base file to mod upon

"In GoldWave, press Ctrl+A to make sure you have the whole song selected. Now press Ctrl+Shift+L to select only the left channel. Click File > Save Selection As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you're using the brstm I provided, you'll see two files: w23L.wav and w23R.wav. Save the current selection as w23L. Press Ctrl+Shift+R to select the right channel, then click File > Save Selection As and save over w23R."

This part does not happen in the converter.  Or I might not quite understand what this means.

Quote from: Darth Indiana Bond on February 04, 2012, 03:28:52 AM
"In GoldWave, press Ctrl+A to make sure you have the whole song selected. Now press Ctrl+Shift+L to select only the left channel. Click File > Save Selection As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you're using the brstm I provided, you'll see two files: w23L.wav and w23R.wav. Save the current selection as w23L. Press Ctrl+Shift+R to select the right channel, then click File > Save Selection As and save over w23R."

This part does not happen in the converter.  Or I might not quite understand what this means.

try your conversions a different way, try brstm making using audacity
or Sony ACID (following my tutorial), which will guarantee your succession

Thanks for the link, but that one requires a registration in order to use ACID Pro 7.0