Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 48
Author Topic: Kratos Aurion v.2.25...Updated 3-11-11 @5:00PM  (Read 199545 times)
DivineOverlord
Supreme PSA Overlord
Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• Awards KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #555 on: March 11, 2011, 09:26:50 PM »

For those who are interested, my Wii laser came Monday and I was able to fix it! Works just like new! (Except that its modded of course.) So I riivolutionized that baby up with the new Kratos PSA and was amazed at how much it has progressed! Apparently I missed a lot since last night.

I have a few things to say about it, but instead of writing a summery "essay" on it like Philia, I will just compare and contrast my own views with his/hers.
    After all, what a better way to refine opinions into truths right?

Before I begin, quick note.

Divine Overlord: I know don't worry, but with my post, you should be able to know what needs to be changed when you have time to work on it.

Haha, it ALMOST sounds like your opinion is the only one which matters as DivineOverlord is working on this PSA.  Wink I hope he will at least consider what I have to say as well, even though I am largely inferior to your posting skills.
    Also Philia, please know that none of this is meant to criticize your ideas or say you are wrong in any areas because we are all working on this PSA together. I hope. Wink

(And I greatly appreciate these essays you write, because it shows me that people care about this project's completion.)

Thus, I begin.

So, to begin, the neutral attack, this time, only the last attack can eject, it is a good thing because the combo is forced to work this way. I mean, if you do the two first hits, as they can't really eject, the third will work. You have to be really close to your opponent for the three hits to work completely, because at great damages, the first hits can push the ennemy away a little, but this not a problem because it works like this originally. And you added a fire effect to all attacks, a must for Flamberge.

Agreed. Flamberge fire effects are good, 3 consecutive hits are good.

Shining Bind. There is still the same problem, you can hit opponents who are not inside the circle.

This needs more explanation. If you are saying it shouldn't kill players outside of the first circle casting animation, I agree with you. BUT. You may have noticed that the final smash pushes people AWAY from where the circle is! If you can't kill anyone outside the circle, it should not have any pushing effects until the final push which ends the final smash. (Otherwise players will just run away from you.)
    A simple solution would be to either:
    1. Increase the size of the circle and set it to stay visible during the entire FS animation. PLAYERS SHOULD BE LOCKED INSIDE OF IT AT THIS TIME. At the end, only players who are in the circle will be killed.
    2. Make proper graphics that show the reach and extent of his FS so that players aren't saying, WHAT WAS THAT?? when they are killed.  Smiley

Up special: You didn't removed in air the ability to make a slash like Aether, while falling, you should remove this when you can.

I believe this also needs a bit of expansion.
    From all I have played with the Kratos PSA so far, I found that this ariel down-slash after his up-special is the best  launching attack in his moveset. Without the down ariel attack, Kratos's special jump is rendered useless in combat. The small spinning damage on it's upward slash is worthless with little very launching power by itself. (Ask yourself when the last time you even hit someone with his upward spinning slash was.)
    So, without the downward slash, kratos's launching abilities in his b-up jump are weakened significantly.
    I believe we will only be making a mistake to remove the down ariel attack after his jump.

Up smash: Light spear cannon is still very difficult to use... Remember that the turning ascending hit should send the ennemy in air so that he falls just next to Kratos and is forced to be slashed by the last slash Kratos makes. Besides, this attack should send the ennemy in the direction of the last slash, which seems not to be the case.

I agree with Philia here. 9 times out of 10, Lightspear pushes the opponent way out before the last slash's hit.

Up tilt: Hell pyre. This time, it's good. You modified the flame, which is better according to me, and when you're in contact of your opponent, even at great damages he's almost forced to be hit by the flame, if you're in contact with him when you begin this attack, so it's good.

Agreed. Graphics are pretty good, and usability is good.

Side smash: Fierce demon fang: This time it's good, the last hit is much much easier to do to the opponent. It isn't always here, but I suppose it depends of where you are when you begin it.

Hmm. Well being what it is, it's a great move with great damage giving capabilities. However, like I said earlier, the main launching move a brawl character should be his Side A Smash.. When it comes to launching power, fierce demon fang is lacking because it doesn't work every time.
    Maybe the move itself should be registered to another button combo, or get some increased launching chances, or be balanced by giving other moves greater launching power.....
    I don't know, so I'll let someone else debate this topic. (Don't flame me for these suggestions please, I am speaking hypothetically here.)

Down smash: Forcefield. An attack that I love, really love, the graphics are cool, it reminds of Shining Bind, but the problem with this attack is that there are a lot of pillars which are completely useless. It seems these pillars in the end can hit the opponent, I verified, but it is really really hard to hit with them because the first or the second pillar sends the ennemy immediately in the air. Try making the last pillar only being able to eject, and modify the damages made by one pillar. Because of course, if all pillars do the damage of the first or the second as it is now, this move would be too powerful in term of damages. And an other thing I noticed, is that the above part of the pillars doesn't inflict damages, it's strange.

If this is a forcefield like guardian, shouldn't it have more of a circular graphic? And why does it do damage? In the game, guardian could block almost any attack, not just ranged ones. I am having some trouble using this effectively in combat because people can just bump me out of it with a simple A tilt move. (Maybe I'm just using it wrong.)
    I understand that giving this move full shielding capabilities would be pretty cheap for spamming over and over, so what if it can only be used every 5 seconds or so?
    That's almost properly representative of the game because you can't spam guardian or else it will QUICKLY exhaust your TP.
    Remember guys, just ideas. Wink

The aerials, I prefer much better the neutral aerial that is here now, the other neutral aerial that was like Ike's was absolutely not good for a Kratos who is close from Tos, and besides a movement that can hit in several directions like this but fastly, it is a little strange according to me... But I would have a critic, you chose to make basic attacks as aerials, it is a way to do of course, but the logic wants them to be less strong than artes as I said a lot. If they are at the same point as neutral A attack, they would be very useless. SO, it would be better to make them slower, besides it would fit better the Kratos of Tos. I don't mean ending lag like Ike, but make them slower to come for example.

Mostly agreed. And yes, slower to come, NOT lag afterwards. That always annoyed me so much with Ike.. haha

The walking speed and running speed doesn't match at all, I have the impression to travel distance faster than when running. And besides, the running animation is good, but can really be improved, the hand which doesn't hold the sword moves a lot when you run, it is as Kratos had his arm broken and move alone. It's really strange to see his hand move like this while running.

Alright. This seems to be massing into a big issue with the thread. Should Kratos be slow with good launch? Or should he be fast with weaker attacks, and damage giving?
    My vote is in somewhere in between, but closer to fast and damage giving. Which would mean I also think that his running speed should be increased to where it was originally, or at least very close to it. I also noticed that his jump startup time is slower than in the last PSA.. Is this my imagination? I'd like it to be a teeny bit faster if possible. Smiley
    Animation problems with his movement are not a big issue with me, I like it good enough as it is.

You didn't removed this attack when he makes a lot of slashes after the neutral attack, which is a terribly bad thing, for the reasons I already said.

I think I have found another area where we disagree.
    My vote of having kratos as a faster and less damage giving character would provide that he is able to make these neutral slashes. I really enjoy them..

Thunder blade spell, is really too powerful. Normally, as I said, it creates a circle charged with electricity on the ground. And when it falls, it should hit someone. And in the game Tos, the sword normally is a little taller than Kratos if I recall correctly, here it is really too big, and besides, we see too much that the sword is a giant Flamberge. According to me, you didn't put enough glow to this sword. And an other thing about it, normally, when you use this spell, if you wait, or if you move, there are the same number of hits, which is not the case for what you've done.

I admit, Thunder Blade is a bit too powerful. However, it's going to be extremely hard to make a circle on the ground that satisfyingly hits opponents, only because you won't be able to see the animation. All of the TOS games have a tilted camera view that show a large portion of the ground the characters stand on. Brawl is not like this, the camera is straight on towards the stage.
    So. Very hard to do. Not impossible, but very hard.
    I think the sword is too big as well, but it shouldn't be decreased too much or else it will lose it's awe. Smiley
    The reason that the sword looks like a Flamberge is because it IS a Flamberge. Whatever kratos's sword is for the current texture becomes the sword in thunder blade. Personally, I think this is amazingly innovative and don't have any objections to it being left as it is; especially since creating a new one would be difficult, time consuming, and add an unnecessary increase to the file size of the .pac.
    I'm guessing what you are trying to say by the, "number of hits", comment is that the spell should continue casting even if you walk away while casting it or are hit. I agree with you on this and think that once ANY spell is cast, it should be unstoppable.
    *Have you also noticed that when a projectile hits any of the spells, the spell is stopped?? This is frustrating after spending so much time charging the spell. :p

Grave spell if possible should have a better graphic effect, a pillar of stone like he does, only the first. And besides, why this spell invokes a flower on the head of the opponent?

SUPER AGREE.  Happy Face Thank you for mentioning this.
    I didn't even know that this move was supposed to be grave until a few days ago after reading some further moveset details haha! I was always like.. "cool an agricultural attack. Till the earth and grow flowers on your enemies heads."
    A few simple pillars of stone would make a world of difference to this spell.
    Could you by any chance "lock" the opponents to the ground until the spell is finished grinding them up? That's why it's called grave btw; to bury them in the earth.

Explosion has the same problem, normally explosion is a spell that does only one hit, but takes a little time to hit, because the ball needs time to appear. But this hit normally should be able to eject, which seems not to be the case here. I don't say that this should eject a lot, but still.... Anyway, it would be better to put eruption, but it seems you have difficults for this...

I believe that the current third level fire cast is actually closer to Eruption and thus incorrectly labeled as Explosion. This is wrong to me. NO Eruption please... Seeing as this is a third level fire cast, it needs to be made into Explosion. Eruption is focused on giving damage over repeated hits, which is supposed to be Thunder Blade's purpose. What kratos needs is a solid knockback spell.
    So here is where that extra launching power could be given to Kratos which I keep referring to. Watch some youtube videos of this spell and you'll see that it should be ONE hit with extreme launch power, damage, and range; falling down from the sky and exploding only when making contact with the ground.

Is it possible to put Air Thrust in the place of Cyclone? Cyclone is a high spell normally, it shouldn't be less powerful than thunder blade, a medium spell.

I agree with Philia here again.

You didn't replaced yet Dark Serpent, I will wait for this.

**IMPORTANT**
    If you only come away from my post with one thing, let it be this; Please strongly consider getting rid of Dark Serpent and moving Demon Fang here! it just makes sense this way. Link, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, Samus, Toon Link, and many more have their ranged attacks set for Side Special. Of course, that leaves Side A Tilt open for a normal attack. Take it slowly because I know this will be a shock to what you have already established as a good moveset for Kratos, but could the new side tilt be Fierce Demon Fang? This would make room for an actual launching move in Side Smash. I have considered this carefully or else I wouldn't have asked in the first place, and believe it to be the closest suggestion to making Kratos's moveset consistent with that of other characters in brawl.

And the last thing, the neutral B move. You're able to eject with it, which is good, but it makes the chain most of the time nearly impossible to hit the opponent. It should be the second hit, the extension that should be able to eject, not the first hit. And it seems you still can interrupt the extension while you do it by shielding, it should be removed too.

I disagree again here. :0
    I don't think that Super Lightning Blade should be linked twice and uncancellable, because it's not meant to be a chained attack. It needs to be one single attack which is weak enough, but fast enough to chain over and over if the conditions are right. This is my own opinion though, so I'm interested to see how this turns out in the long run.

Oh! I almost forgot, the overlimit, if you can change the animation to make the animation of Tales of Vesperia, it would be good, but it is a detail. The most important thing about the overlimit is to decrease something about it. Decrease the time it is available, or decrease the transformation itself, because I know an overlimit should make him stronger, but the damages he makes while in overlmit seem really really high...

If Kratos's Overlimit were made to be as close to the game as possible, his attacks would be increased from their normal position only slightly. The main thing about overdrive is that you have Heavy Armor! (Like the 15% he takes while spell casting.)
    So then, maybe overlimit could have infinitely high Heavy Armor until it's over?

Well that's mostly it. But there were a couple more things I noticed. Not a big deal, just sayin.  Smiley

-When in the light magic mode, why is Spread the secondary spell? Is it possible to use something like Photon instead?
    -When casting Explosion, look at Krato's sword. It's glowing and really long for some reason.
    -Can you PLEASE make it so that spells cannot be interrupted while they are actually being used? When a projectile comes into contact with it, it cancels the spell...

haha This is a good debate because it shows different idealistic perspectives of what Kratos should be like. I'm glad you didn't delete it since its actually useful to me. I'll do as much as I can to even it out and apply more updates the next chance I get. Hopefully, I'll be able to integrate the values of Kratos that you guys have mentioned. Grin
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:27:45 PM by DivineOverlord » Logged

Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB Cheesy

Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
    Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
    PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #556 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:25 PM »

I think there are some things I wasn't enough clear about so I will immediately take care of this.

About Shining Bind: Locked in the circle? That would be weird. In fact, the Shining bind animation according to me is not finished. Originally there are two large pillars of light of each side of the circles that move closer and closer to Kratos. Here, they are not here, and will probably never be here because it will probably be hard... But in fact with this move, and it is sad, it is all the contrary that has been done. Originally, people who are far from Kratos but inside the circle, gets closer to Kratos because of the pillars, here it is the absolute contrary. And besides, with the final move, it hits opponents who are not in the circle. It is absolutely not fair, because why the circle is still here in that case? The knockback needs to be modified for the initial hits, those who are far from Kratos but inside the circle, should get closer to him, and those in the middle be hit but stay where they are. But don't increase the size of the circle, it is already a good size I think.

About the up special, I absolutely don't care of what you said! Here are the fact, Kratos does an attack, called Light spear. Does Light Spear allows Kratos to fall like Aether? Absolutely not, but if you have a video of reference showing this, I will be really happy to see it! Besides, an other thing that I hadn't said yet, this move alone is very powerful and has very good knockback... Very strange for the last attack of light spear, excepted if this move is not Light spear in fact, which here is completely the case, so it is absolutely off of the subject. Besides, Kratos fall like this doing a slash, it's weird...

About the side smash, I disagree, the side smash is not absolutely the best launching move, look at Sheik's smash or Luca's smash. Their side smashes are not their main lauching smashes. In the manneer it was did, Fierce Demon fang is a good side smash, side smashes can be used to inflict damages like Sheik's for exemple. But it is also difficult to judge because the down smash and the up smash are not finished yet. If you agree, in that case, we will talk about it later. But in the case the other smashes won't be enough powerful, maybe we could modify his properties it's true. But it should stay as a side smash, it's really important.

You're lucky that this you, because an other than you would have really pissed me off for not reading enough my posts, you arrived very recently so I will leave you alone this time with Forcefield. But I will explain you why I say this of course, I always described forcefield not as  the move that all Tos characters have, it's completely different, this move in fact is taken from Philia Philis, she has a move like this called forcefield. The logic here was to use this move as it involves light, and Kratos uses some light, but more seriouslty, Kratos invokes pillars of light in Shining bind, in fact this move is a direct reference to this, and Divine Overlord went even more far with the reference because he made Kratos rise, which I absolutely agree even if it was absolutely not my idea and didn't thought of it. So, if you want to talk again of this move, now that you know much better what it really is, go see Philia Philis's video of artes.

I don't absolutely see why you're talking about launch.. In the quote you used, I absolutely don't talk of this. I'm just talking about the running speed and the walk speed, not the launch. For me, his running speed like it is now is good, it is representative of Kratos. So the walk speed logically should be reduced, because you run faster than you walk... But for the speed of the attacks like you say, I absolutely don't see any need of change, excepted the aerials as I said, but for a different reason that I said too.

For this "attack", again, it is absolutely not kratos, a move like this could work for Lloyd with his sword rain, but not for Kratos. Why do you think the demon swarm attack was removed? Because it wasn't Kratos at all, and this attack is similar to Demon swarm, so it needs to be removed too! But if this attack removed leaves you an hole, maybe in its place we can add three other slashes to recall the eternal slasher skill. But, I don't know if it should come after some time, being used from the beginning, or come in special conditions...

A bit? Cast this spell and touch nothing, you'll see that it is very very powerful, much more powerful than Judgment which should be the most damaging spell. (not forced to be the best knockback spell though) This is the same for explosion, if you touch nothing it can be very powerful too, not like Thunder Blade but still... About the circle, it wouldn't be so hard I suppose to do it, by using the pentagram that is used for the spells. All that would have to be done would probably be to adjust the height of the electricity in the circle if it is not enough seen, without falling in an excess. And about the sword that falls, I know it is flamberge itself, Divine Overlord said it to me. But I'm sorry, Thunder blade doesn't invoke Flamberge as a sword. I don't have a problem with Flamberge being the sword used for Thunder Blade, I know we probably don't have any other choice, but the problem is that it is too much seen. It would require a glow effect in order to hide this, a better glow effect. And about the projectile stopping the spell, I didn't saw it, but if it is the case it needs to be fixed, excepted  if you're talking about a situation where you press nothing and the spell continues a lot, in that case it doesn't need to be fixed as the time of the activity of the spell itself needs to be REALLY reduced and be the same if you press or don't press anything after the cast.

The spell is called explosion... There are people here who want eruption, and other who want explosion, this is a problem, but it's true explosion would be more coherent. It is a high spell, a level 3 spell, so it fits perfectly, but Eruption could have worked, because I recall you that Thunder blade in Tos is only a level 2 spell. But in that case, explosion needs to be modified, there should be only one hit, that takes a little time to be able to hit the opponent like in the game (not sure you can do exactly the same animation though) and inflicting good damage and good knockback. But be careful not to make explosion stronger than Judgment in term of damage, Judgment is the best spell of Kratos for inflicting damage, not explosion, and no other spells. And be careful with the range, I know it should have a decent range but try to be not excessive.

Not all characters have projectile as a side B look at the Ice Climbers and Peach, Bowser, and others, so Divine Overlord is totally free to do what he wants. And it was already decided to put Gungnir move. With the properties of this move, it is completely impossible to make this move as a smash, it requires too charging, so it should be put as a side special.

Hum, when I read your post, I have an impression of something really advantaging that can be used if the extension can be cancelled like you prefer, the use of the technique of the spell cancel. In Tos, you could attack, use a spell, cancel it, and do an other attack to create infinites, here it is the same thing, it's absolutely not good... Maybe I misinterpreted your opinion this time, which is very possible but this is wxhat I understood...

Divine Overlord, we should make a wifi brawl some time with Kratos, with heavy armor infinite added for overlimit of course. prepare yourself because I will exploit this overlimit the much I can do, by waiting and being hit without worry to be ejected. No seriously, the overlimit is already soemthing really good to give him more strength, no need to give him any super armor added, excepted for the spells, here I agree. 25% for the spell for overlimit is good, but no other super armor because it would make him unbalanced, first, and it would make his final smash a little less useful because Overlimit would be a too useful move...

And the last thing, leave Spread as the second spell, because if you remove it, there is only one element for this mode, so the other modes should also have only one element, so it will reduce the spells you used and there will be one mode with three spells, one mode with two, etc.

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #557 on: March 11, 2011, 10:28:14 PM »

-About Shining Bind: two pillars of light coming closer? hmm I think I know a way to pull this off, using his bones XD

-About the up special: pending till next update

-About the side smash: Pending too lol

- About THunder Blade: there is a sword glow on the blade, the sword is just too big to see it lol. I'll try just using the handle and making the blade invisible.

- Eruption spell pending till next update. I have to design it on paper first on the x, y, and z axis to perfect it.

- wifi brawl? XD

by the way, what's the eternal slasher skill about?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:35:36 PM by DivineOverlord » Logged

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #558 on: March 11, 2011, 11:20:48 PM »

-Shining Bind-
    I agree with everything you said here.
    You're right, it would be a little strange to have people, "locked", inside of the circle. Having them move towards kratos is a good idea. If you are imagining the same things as me, then it would be kind of like zero suit samus's FS, but with a slower effect time.

-Light Spear-
    I am terribly mistaken on this.
    From what I remembered of tales of symphonia, Victory Light Spear is the attack I am thinking of, which has an attack after the rising animation. Even so though, it doesn't move in a downward position.. So I admit my error. I was merely saying that by taking it away, you are greatly weakening kratos Up-B. So, if this falling attack is removed from his jump, it may need to be strengthened in some other way to even it out.

-Side Smash-
    Your points are valid and I gladly agree with them. And yes, it's still difficult to judge his overall launching capabilities because of the unfinished up and down smashes, so I will save my opinions on this for later.

-Forcefield-
    Now Philia. I shake my head. Sad
    You completely flamed me for suggesting we keep Kratos falling aerial attack, because it's inconsistent with a move from TOS. But now you go and suggest we use your favorite character's artes in his moveset? I don't think that's fair.
    Haha, It doesn't bother me if we use Philias artes, in fact I think thats neat, but I can't stand that you lashed at me so quickly for suggesting we keep something I like and you don't. Try and see from my perspective here.

-"A" Chain-
    You said, "For this "attack", again, it is absolutely not kratos..."
    Yes I understand that, but our goal isn't to make a perfect imitation of Kratos is it?? Don't we want to make an imported version of him that is a sufficient and playable character in brawl? If we wanted a perfect imitation of Kratos, we would have disregarded your, "Philia Force Field".

-Thunder Blade-
    As far as casting goes, I agree with you that if even if you press buttons, the spell should continue all the way. Thunder Blade does last a long time.. I guess it should be taken down some, but it pains me to see it leave because it was such a beautiful reward for all that spell charging haha. A stronger glow effect on Thunder Blade would be great to have, but not necessary in my opinion.

-Explosion-
    Yes, it should have one hit with most of the spell emphasis on knockback. Damage and range are just secondary. By no means did I express that it should have more damage than judgment, because that would be a terrible mistake.

-Side Special-
    Now, surely you knew I wasn't intending to trap DivineOverlord into making this happen. He definitely is free to do whatever he would like with the entire .pac haha, I was just saying that it fits well in my opinion. Gungnir? I have never heard of this arte.. I played TOS Gamecube and Dawn of The New World, but never once have I encountered this move.. What is this from? I watched three youtube videos to try and find it, but to no avail. Can you post a link?

-S. Lightning Blade-
    Yes, I was referring to using S.L.B. repetitiously. Why would this be, "absolutely not good"? Other characters do this.. If the conditions are right, (Damage, character placement, and timing), this should be a possibility. After all, it should be of no surprise that sheik, falcon, fox, pikachu, and tons of other characters have the same ability by holding A. I doubt you would be able to ring up more than four consecutive hits though without cornering your enemy at a wall.

-Overlimit-
    Hmm. On adding heavy armor to his movement, I don't see why this would be such a big problem. You can still damage him, and it doesn't last very long... Maybe you could shorten it's timing even and get rid of the added attack strength.. Or, make it more of a rare occurrence. Say, 150% damage instead of 120%? An it activates randomly at one point after this.
    The only reason I am suggesting this is because it's how the overlimit is in TOS. I don't mind if we forget this entirely, I just wanted to examine it's possibilities.  Smiley
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:25:54 PM by ArcSage » Logged

How much happier is the man who believes his town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow.

DivineOverlord
    Supreme PSA Overlord
    Holy Kitten

Ready to hack SSB4? XD

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #559 on: March 11, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »

haha explosion is gonna be changed to eruption though XD

Projects in Progress:
    + Dante Update
    + sword master kirby
    + Loyd over Pit
    + DO/KJ fusion Ichigo

ArcSage
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #560 on: March 11, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »

haha explosion is gonna be changed to eruption though XD

aw.    :/

How much happier is the man who believes his town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #561 on: March 12, 2011, 05:26:52 AM »

Explosion: It seems those who wanted Eruption move made a point here... It's too bad, I liked explosion, but I wait to see what eruption will look like, because if it is very similar to the first graphics you tried, it is not eruption anymore, it is Flare Tornado, a magic used by Stahn Aileron and by Philia Philis too, and this time it wouldn't fit Kratos at all. ArcSage, sorry for you, because I know you wanted to keep explosion, and I would have prefered to keep explosion too, but the consolation is that this spell is used by Kratos, so it's closer to him. Now my problem are the properties of this attack, that we will see soon, and I have to put an additional voice for this, I will have to see again what I do for the voices... Anyway it's fine for me don't worry!

Up special: Honestly, your mistake is really easy, it is easily done, because the move itself look like victory light spear it's true, it really needs to be changed, and I hope it will be the case. Of course, if the up special is weakened, some points of Kratos will be reinforced, like an attack which is stronger for example and I think it will be the Gungnir attack.

Sorry, I will stop here, because I have to go, but this message will be edited or there will be an other post when I come back. For the Gungnir attack, watch the video of artes exhibition that is at the first page. It is a unisson attack, like was Dark Serpent. Next time I come, I will explain you if you don't know how it will work in ssbb as we decided.

I'm back so I will continue. The gungnir attack works like Captain Falcon's neutral B, then Kratos makes the move Gungnir, which will probably make good damages, unlike Dark Serpent. If used in air, you're not put in helpless mode, but you don't move forward like Dark Serpent.

Forcefield: The problem is not from who comes this arte, it would have been an arte from Bruiser Khang I would still have suggested it, because if it fits Kratos, it is the most important. And my favourite character, sorry if it is not seen, is Barbatos Goetia, I just changed my pseudonym because I wanted to change and add this signature that I love. Anyway, I know the problem is not that the arte comes from Philia according to you, I know this, but I wanted to clarify this point because you said it is unfair to suggest a move from my favourite character. To continue on that point, this suggestion is really fair,  I already explained why but I will explain why again, remember that Kratos uses pillars of light in his shining bind movement, that moves, and the last attack of shining bind, there are pillars of light surrounding him, so it shows Kratos can use pillars of light to attack his opponents who are close to him. So the forcefield attack if we take this into consideration, is absolutely justified, even if it is not a Kratos's move originally, it is still coherent with the character and this is why this suggestion is fair and I will even go more far, why this move was accepted by Divine Overlord as a down smash, besides, it is a move that allows Kratos to hit both behind and next to him, something highly requested by Zeljius. But you will probably admit that finding a move that can hit in both sides of Kratos, can eject, and is coherent with what Kratos is, is difficult, and this is especially why this move was used.

A chain:

Of course, this Kratos is not a perfect imitation of Kratos in any Tales of he is, but we have to be coherent with his characteristics which are clearly defined, and one this characteristics is that Kratos absolutely can't make quick slashes like this in a row, it would have fit Lloyd because it would have been a reference for Sword rain, it would have fit Emil for the same reason, but not Kratos, and this is a pure fact!

Super Lightning Blade:

Hum sorry, but extensions moves don't work like this. The Link's side smash extension, if I recall correctly, you can't after you activated it stop it, then make an other attack and do this infinitely... And this is understandable because it would lead to infinites!

Overlimit: The problem with this heavy armor idea is that it would make Kratos unbalanced, even if it doesn't last very long, imagine the advantage it would be if you activated Overlimit and being hot by a final smash when you have complete super armor... I know it works like this in Tos but it is a little unfair if we compare with the other characters, and it is a so useful thing that it would make shade to the final smash. But for the spells, the overlimit as I said earlier, should limit the chances to be interrupted when charging a spell.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 06:26:58 AM by Psycho Philia » Logged

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #562 on: March 12, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »

Oh wow... Have I missed alot!

@Philia: I've been busy with school so I haven't had time to do it. But now I'm on my march break so I can start today. I understand it. I've just been busy.

Now, I've tested the version that has the crossed arms under first aid... (Glad it's fixed)

Running is nice. Could you make him lower though? Kratos kinda runs closer to the ground.
    I say speed up the run a tad. and decrease the walking speed.

Up Special: Same as Philia.

Side Smash: Why does this do so many electric hits? Fierce Demon Fang should do like 4-5 hits max and should not be stunning them.

Up Tilt: It's better than before that's for sure. And I thought you said that the fireball would be a projectile? Also, it should have a burst when it comes in contact with the ground applying knockback. (If it does hit the ground.) It should be projected at a 40-45 degree angle. Here it looks like it's kinda curving to the ground... Overall, Hell Pyre looks great!

Up Smash: Not bad. Hard to use though. One thing is, he spins too many times. Light Spear Cannon has Kratos spinning once almost in a short-hop manor. Then thrusting upwards. Also you should be seeing Kratos' backside (facing right) or frontside (facing left) when he's doing the thrust. And it seems that the upward thrust has the beam sword attribute on it. idk, it looks really long to me.

Down Tilt: Overall fine. Fix the reach of the glow/ beam sword like effect.

The rapid attack: Get rid of it. It looks stupid.

Side Special: Gugnir is a unison attack exclusive for the PS2 version of ToS.

-Spells-
    General: I like the whole concentrate thing. It's really useful. And should be ground only.

Lightning: Stuns every time it hits? It's really spammable and plus, you don't even need to fully charge a lvl 1 spell to activate it.

Guardian Field: I personally think this should be down smash. and put first aid under lvl 1 Light Magic.

Spread: Not much we can do here. Unless you want forcefield here? It could work like Stahn's Fire Wall spell.

Judgment: I like the new fix. No knock up/knock down stuff. Just pillars that deal damage with minor knockback.

Cyclone: I agree this needs to be Air Thrust.

Grave: I agree again, stone pillars.

Thunder Blade: Why not have the thunder blade sword be apart of Kratos like you have flamberge. It would be either tiny or non-visible. And you could have that appear instead of the flamberge or whatever sword that the outfit has. And Thunder Blade is an Advanced Spell for Asch in Abyss. So it can work here as a lvl 3 spell.

Explosion: Yay, now Eruption! I'll wait for this to be released.

Spell Glyphs/Circle, could you make it like (insert creator's name) Zero over Link's Neutral B Charge? Like the effect that swirls around him while charging? Using That instead of the glyphs. And color coordinate them to their attribute.
    Light > White w/ Yellow tint
    Water > Blue
    Lightning > Purple
    Wind > Green
    Fire > Red
    Earth > Golden Yellow

Cause then we could recolor the glyph used for Shining Bind/Guardian Field to a Blue-ish color. Only a suggestion.

It's really well done overall. Keep at it.

Oh and the eternal slasher allows Kratos to use six basic attacks before linking artes together. In radiant mythology games, Kratos has this skill as a default making him the only swordsman with six basic attack combination's.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #563 on: March 12, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »

Divine, be glad you have 2 (nearly 3) essay makers giving you feedback. o_O

@ArcSage: I'm from Dominican Republic, Caribbean Islands (Spanish)

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #564 on: March 12, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »

Royal Blade: You were busy with school, absolutely no problem, you have a life, so I can understand your point. But let's comment what you said, but firstly, indeed you missed a lot. But take time to read what you've missed if you didn't do it because it can be interesting.

Side Smash: I didn't thought of it, but it's completely true! But I will explain some things about Fierce Demon fang so that we understand completely the situation. Originally, this move does 4 hits max. Here, I didn't counted, but I think it is more than this. To be honest, it is not a real problem for this Kratos, especially if we take into consideration that this move is different from the tales of where Kratos appears, in Tales of Vesperia, it does only one hit for example. The number of hit is not so important, but if Divine Overlord wants to be the closest as possible to the move of Tos, maybe he should modify the number of hits, but be careful, because it will result as an obligation to modify the damages of each hit. Honestly, here Divine Overlord, do what you desire but if you decrease the number of hits, try keeping the spirit of the attack that is here now. (I mean only the las hit that can eject.)

And for those who have doubts about fierce demon fang, watch this beautiful video with an avalanche of beautiful artes like Souryuu Rengazan! Laugh

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzjknhM_Aw&feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzjknhM_Aw&feature=related</a>

Up tilt: I imagine if this is curved that it is probably in order to reduce the range of this attack, what I can understand, at least I explain it like this. But it's true that normally the flame should be "casted" following an angle of 45 degree, at least a line, not a curving effect. It's a minor detail, but still. And about the burst applying knockback, I know originally it works like this, but I don't really know how it could be put in Brawl... It would be a good idea, but be careful because originally the flame bursts, but the shockwave produced has great range and the shockwave itself doesn't inflict damage... If you want the shockwave to inflict damage, I don't care, but don't do a too great range and don't make the shockwave inflict too much damage and knockback.

Up smash: Divine Overlord should watch the video of the attack a lot of times in order to make it look like the game because all you said about the spinning too much time is true. But originally, this attack, for the last part as a beam sword effect, I don't really think it is because of this that the range of the last attack is so long, it is probably because of the pose Kratos has in ssbb and in Tos that don't match.

General: Hum, the down B itself should be a ground only move.

Lightning: I understand why it has the ability to stun but it's true at first sight that it makes him unbalanced. But, I don't understand why you say that you don't have to charge a level 1 spell to use it, if you press Down B and release the buttons immediately, you can't release any spell, but Kratos does an animation for nothing which should be fixed... But this spell is a little difficult to use, it requires charging, and besides it is set in a special area, so it is a bit complicated to use it. Honestly, I'm mixed, do what you want Divine Overlord, a probability of stun will work nice too or you can leave it like this.

Guardian Field: If it is used as a down smash, you can't eject, you're aware of this? I know some characters have smashes that can't eject well, of course, but Guardian Field is a defensive move or support move if you prefer, putting it as a down smash, it's strange... But I agree in the fact that this down smash has some properties that can make it a down smash, but not enough of these properties according to me.

Spread: Forcefield if you're talking about the down smash actual is not a magic move and doesn't have any properties of magic, so it can't be put here, it is an attack meant to inflict damages and doesn't require any charging, and it doesn't have any support effect unlike Guardian Field.

About the spells glyphs, have you an exemple, an image or a video of reference, because all you said here, I don't understand sorry...

And the problem with the spells, is that if you remove one, you're forced to put a spell of the same element, because there is a logic among the use of spells. Level 1: Thunder, light, fire. Level 2: Water, earth, wind. Level 3: Fire, Light, Thunder.

A last thing, I BEGIN THE REPLACEMENT OF SOUNDS IMMEDIATELY FOR JAPANESE BRSAR.
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:04:38 AM by Psycho Philia » Logged

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #565 on: March 12, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »

For the spell glyphs:
    @1:40
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8KUSiKLBY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8KUSiKLBY</a>

See the effects circling around Eldiran's Zero? I was suggesting to use something like that for the spell glyphs.
    Like in this video:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DxrwB_g4uc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DxrwB_g4uc</a>

It would look more symphonia like. Imo.

Lightning: I'm saying this for all spells, as long as the spell glyph appears and your release the spell, it would automatically cast the spell for whatever glyph just appeared. You don't need to fully charge the spell to get Judgment, Thunder Blade, or Explosion(atm).

And when did i say remove a spell?

Guardian Field: I'm fine with having at least one smash that doesn't eject. He has alot of other moves to be used in it's place to eject. He can cast spells at a distance and use a sword in combat. I'm sure it's fine to have the down smash not eject. Also, Why not give guardian field a minor push effect? it does 4 hits total. and will slightly push you out with each hit. and every hit Kratos gives, he can heal 2%-4% (Depending on your current damage %.)

Also, Guardian Field has no spell cast, so i don't see a point in having it under "Spells".

Royal Blade: You were busy with school, absolutely no problem, you have a life, so I can understand your point. But let's comment what you said, but firstly, indeed you missed a lot. But take time to read what you've missed if you didn't do it because it can be interesting.

Side Smash: I didn't thought of it, but it's completely true! But I will explain some things about Fierce Demon fang so that we understand completely the situation. Originally, this move does 4 hits max. Here, I didn't counted, but I think it is more than this. To be honest, it is not a real problem for this Kratos, especially if we take into consideration that this move is different from the tales of where Kratos appears, in Tales of Vesperia, it does only one hit for example. The number of hit is not so important, but if Divine Overlord wants to be the closest as possible to the move of Tos, maybe he should modify the number of hits, but be careful, because it will result as an obligation to modify the damages of each hit. Honestly, here Divine Overlord, do what you desire but if you decrease the number of hits, try keeping the spirit of the attack that is here now. (I mean only the las hit that can eject.)

And for those who have doubts about fierce demon fang, watch this beautiful video with an avalanche of beautiful artes like Souryuu Rengazan! Laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzjknhM_Aw&feature=related

Yes, I've already read through what I've missed.

Now, Fierce Demon Fang: Now that you showed me the video, I was just thinking if we should make Fierce Demon Fang like in Vesperia. It would work well to eject people. And It's only one hit, so we don't need to worry about how much each hit deals. Cause we already have Lightning Blade and Super Lightning Blade based off of Vesperia. So why not Fierce Demon Fang?

A last thing, I BEGIN THE REPLACEMENT OF SOUNDS IMMEDIATELY FOR JAPANESE BRSAR.

Nice!

I'm gonna guess that you want me to record all that stuff you wanted?
    And do you want me to work on a fresh .brsar? Or one that i've added stuff to? (Like Lloyd for example.)

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #566 on: March 12, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »

How is it possible to cast a spell without making any fully charge? Especially a level 3 spell...

Divine Overlord, don't make this mistake! Don't change the pentagram you made, this pentagram is not perfect, I know, but this is a circle of magic, while what Royal_Blade suggested is merely smoke, which is absolutely not related to any magic, and besides by not using this suggestion, it will leave you some time to work on other things.

When did you said remove a spell? Here!

Guardian Field: I personally think this should be down smash. and put first aid under lvl 1 Light Magic.

Even if it is a replacement it is still a removal, that breaks all the unity that was established with the spells Divine Overlord put.

Against human players, I don't really think you have time to cast spells like you say, so I think a down smash that can eject wouldn't be negligeable. Guardian field may have no spell cast in the game, the effects put by Divine Overlord so heal Kratos regularly justifies alone the fact to put it as a spell. And this is much more the case with the additional effect he put for this move.

For fierce demon fang, I don't care what version you use, but be careful, because I'm not sure the vesperia version will be so welcomed here...

And use a fresh english brsar.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #567 on: March 12, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

How is it possible to cast a spell without making any fully charge? Especially a level 3 spell...
    If I could make a video to show you, I would. I don't know how...

Even if it is a replacement it is still a removal, that breaks all the unity that was established with the spells Divine Overlord put.
    It's a replacement of a healing move with another healing move. I don't see an issue with this. And I was again suggesting.

And use a fresh english brsar.
    Okay.

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #568 on: March 12, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »

I know it is possible to cast a level 3 spell without any charge, I played the game, but how can you suggest something like this? It is an aspect of pure overpower, and this is because of this that it is possible to cast immediately a level 3 spell in the overpowered version. But here, we're talking of a balanced Kratos!

The problem is that you're replacing a light spell by a water spell, there are two spells of light, two spells of fire, and two spells of thunder. This is justified because they are the main elements that are used by Kratos. By replacing Guardian field which is light, the principal element is reversed and this is the problem. And besides, what happens for the up taunt?

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #569 on: March 12, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »

Up Taunt will do what all other taunts do, change his spell style.

And I'm not suggesting that he should do it. The PSA can do it. Try it out yourself. And yes, I'm using the balanced version. And in the game you would need to spell charge first to use Lvl 3 Spell without cast. But we aren't using the spell save are we?

What light spell am I replacing with what water spell? First Aid is not Water attributed. (DotNW gave all spells an element so that's why First Aid has an attribute.)

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 48
    Print
    Jump to: