Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Ryan's Stages [Current Progress: Sauria from Starfox Adventures]  (Read 13706 times)
Ryan
Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 22, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »

RYAN's STAGES

Hey guys I'm Ryan, some people of you maybe already know me. I made my first own Stage Project a few Month's ago, but i actually never had plans to release my work for public.

After some people asked me many times to upload my stuff, I finally decided to planning releases. A few really nice people on this board recommended me to open a Stage Threat to preview my stuff.

As i allways do my best to get the most possible results, it could take a while until i finally release my Stuff. Because i will never upload any unfinished stages. And i care for many details, so be warned.

But for know i can show you guys the progress so far:

People who had GameCube experience will possibly know this Stage!
    It's Sauria from Star Fox Adventures!

I really loved the GameCube and its Games, espacially the Nintendo titles,
    Starfox Adventures is one of my favorites, thats why i decided to try on this one first.

I actually made this a few month ago and stopped progressing it
    due to being busy at the time.

So the stage was made before the new Brawl Box with the model importer was released.
    That means i used the old model import methode. I did all the work on this one by my self.
    But its not only ripped and imported, I already did alot of changes and added stuff to the model,
    some detailed work like editing textures, adding fog and animating the water is also done so far.

I'm actually new to this whole stage hacking stuff,
    but i had some very good sources to learn and getting knowledge how to do.

At this point i wanna say a big Thank you! to Mewtwo2000 who gave me all the advices.
    Without his support i never would had make it this far.

The stage is actually quite big. I think the Mushrooms to feed Tricky are very memorable!

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ ________

I had not much time in the last couple of months, but now im continuing to finish the Stage. Right now im trying to add some animations like moving fishes in the water or animating Trickys Mushrooms, oh and there is still missing a waterfall i have to make. This is my first try to animate stuff, so i hope this will work out. I also want to edit the textures a bit for detail and stuff.

So thats my progress so far. I will update this preview until i made some noticeable changes, maybe with a video too. Im also working on a Stage from Donkey Kong Country Returns besides that one at the time. So pls be patient.

Pls feel free to criticize my work!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:28:40 AM by Ryan » Logged

Ryan
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »

For those who care:

I edited my textures again on Peach's Castle and Great Bay to fit in the shades thanks to Mewtwo's Material Tool! Ill try to update these too in the future.

Maybe you Guys will notice the detailed improvements. And sorry for not having better screenshots to show the the diffrences.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:43:23 PM by Ryan » Logged

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:41:15 PM »

Woah! How did I miss this topic? Sauria actually looks very fitting for SSBB. Also, great job improving those textures.
    « Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:43:11 PM by Friedslick6 » Logged

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:50:51 AM »

So you're finally here showing your real first stage. And what a surprise, it's from a game nobody has made anything from yet. It's big, beautiful, with custom lighting, fogs, shadows on the ground...

You're definitely doing a big entrance with this stage Cheesy

Right now, the only complaints I have with that magnificent stage are the shadows. But I don't mean character shadows, they're great. I mean that trees and other elements like mushrooms are not casting anything, while character shadows are really dark.

It would be a little more of work, and you may need to edit your model in 3dsmax, but if you added some shadows for some of the elements, your Gamecube stage would definitely look official.

By the way, if the model is currently an obj import, you must know that you are able to export it as a dae, and import it again so it's using stage lights, and not character ones. That's not really necessary, and may screw up the UV coordinates in some cases, so not necessary to do that. Just to let you know that it's possible to do.

Nice previews, and welcome to stage hacking, I'm sure I'll have to look in this thread a lot Tongue

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »

Wow!

So much [censored]ing win.

I can't even believe it man.

Ryan, about time you made your thread.

Everything looks amazing, and I will be downloading all of these.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 03:17:44 AM »

RYAN's STAGES

Hey guys I'm Ryan, some people of you maybe already know me. I made my first own Stage Project a few Month's ago, but i actually never had plans to release my work for public.

After some people asked me many times to upload my stuff, I finally decided to planning releases. A few really nice people on this board recommended me to open a Stage Threat to preview my stuff.

As i allways do my best to get the most possible results, it could take a while until i finally release my Stuff. Because i will never upload any unfinished stages. And i care for many details, so be warned.

But for know i can show you guys the progress so far:

People who had GameCube experience will possibly know this Stage!
    It's Sauria from Star Fox Adventures!

I really loved the GameCube and its Games, espacially the Nintendo titles,
    Starfox Adventures is one of my favorites, thats why i decided to try on this one first.

I actually made this a few month ago and stopped progressing it
    due to being busy at the time.

So the stage was made before the new Brawl Box with the model importer was released.
    That means i used the old model import methode. I did all the work on this one by my self.
    But its not only ripped and imported, I already did alot of changes and added stuff to the model,
    some detailed work like editing textures, adding fog and animating the water is also done so far.

I'm actually new to this whole stage hacking stuff,
    but i had some very good sources to learn and getting knowledge how to do.

At this point i wanna say a big Thank you! to Mewtwo2000 who gave me all the advices.
    Without his support i never would had make it this far.

The stage is actually quite big. I think the Mushrooms to feed Tricky are very memorable!

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ ________

I had not much time in the last couple of months, but now im continuing to finish the Stage. Right now im trying to add some animations like moving fishes in the water or animating Trickys Mushrooms, oh and there is still missing a waterfall i have to make. This is my first try to animate stuff, so i hope this will work out. I also want to edit the textures a bit for detail and stuff.

So thats my progress so far. I will update this preview until i made some noticeable changes, maybe with a video too. Im also working on a Stage from Donkey Kong Country Returns besides that one at the time. So pls be patient.

Pls feel free to criticize my work!

Omg, I totally want this, I loved playing Starfox Adventures. ^^

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

DemonBoy
    Holy Kitten

That one guy

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 03:21:32 AM »

These are amazing. I will definitely try these out.

I hope to see more great work from you.

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 03:52:41 AM »

Truly amazing. I will follow this thread in the future Smiley

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Ryan
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 05:36:55 AM »

So you're finally here showing your real first stage. And what a surprise, it's from a game nobody has made anything from yet. It's big, beautiful, with custom lighting, fogs, shadows on the ground...

You're definitely doing a big entrance with this stage Cheesy

Right now, the only complaints I have with that magnificent stage are the shadows. But I don't mean character shadows, they're great. I mean that trees and other elements like mushrooms are not casting anything, while character shadows are really dark.

It would be a little more of work, and you may need to edit your model in 3dsmax, but if you added some shadows for some of the elements, your Gamecube stage would definitely look official.

By the way, if the model is currently an obj import, you must know that you are able to export it as a dae, and import it again so it's using stage lights, and not character ones. That's not really necessary, and may screw up the UV coordinates in some cases, so not necessary to do that. Just to let you know that it's possible to do.

Nice previews, and welcome to stage hacking, I'm sure I'll have to look in this thread a lot Tongue

Thanks for the honest opinion. I will definitely try to flollow your advice and will trying to add shadows for the elements of the stage! I wanna try to get the best results i can, before finally releasing it.
    « Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:42:20 AM by Ryan » Logged

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »

Oh my god.

Bro', your stage is amazing. Sauria i love it.

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 08:38:17 PM »

Damn man! Saria looks sick! Which stage does it go over? Either way I NEED that stage man, it looks bad ass, and I loved Adventure. Good luck with your projectsman, lookslike you got some skills.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Ryan
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »

Damn man! Saria looks sick! Which stage does it go over? Either way I NEED that stage man, it looks bad ass, and I loved Adventure. Good luck with your projectsman, lookslike you got some skills.

Works over Jungle Japes for now! Ill try to get it working over many stages.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »

Ryan! Don't disappear on us like that sir. =c

I can almost smell and taste Sauria in my Brawl.

Was that creepy?

Yes.

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »

dude that Sauria, i just love it!
    I can't find it anyware on KCMM
    when will you be releasing it?

Segtendo