Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33
Author Topic: Omni's Thread: Blaziken RELEASED ON THE VAULT  (Read 178693 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #390 on: October 24, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »

i see you say your starting on nidoking? as far as i know nidoking has no model import right? just an old vertex wich doesnt look too goodat this time and age,  or you got someone to rig you a model?

just wanting to know.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #391 on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »

I'll be using that vertex as a base for animations right now, but I've got a well respected model importer giving it a shot with the 3ds model so hopefully he comes through!  Anyway right now I'm just doing some coding I know I'll need for Ice Beam, Earth Power, Thunder, Horn Drill etc.  Basically all I'm doing is laying groundwork this weekend and I have all the GFX ready and they look beautiful if I do say so myself.  As before I'll be taking move suggestions for Nidoking, however I'll keep him away from the public eye for the most part until Sceptile is very near completion.
    -Omni

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #392 on: October 24, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »

Alright, I've gotten your build. And here's my thoughts and impressions.

Attributes: It runs too fast and jumps too high.

Model: I'm generally not a fan of Russmarr's work. The rigging is pretty bad on this. I feel you should have a custom skeleton ot have someone who's more skilled at rigging rig Sceptile's X/Y model over Lucario's skeleton.

Animations: You need to do a lot more work on these animations, as I can barely tell what Sceptile is doing most of the time. Even if I lowered my standards, I wouldn't accept these.

Jab: It does too little damage for just a two hit jab.

Side Tilt: It's rather slow for such an agile character. The initial knockback is rather high as well for such low damage.

Dash Attack: Seems good. Quick start-up, okay damage, and reasonable endlag.

Side Smash (Frenzy Plant): I feel you should re-map Frenzy Plant to a Final Smash. The move, while has high damage output feels underwhelming. It just seems out of place for a Side Smash, given how slow the move it.

Side Smash (X-Scissor): I feel this move should be a close-range move, rather than a long range move. This move also cannot charge. The knockback can be toned down as well.

Up Smash: This move can't charge for some reason. Though while the start-up is quick, the movement is very slow. The damage should also decrease as the move goes on.

Down Smash: This move also can't charge for some reason. The damage is very low for such a slow move. You should also make the animation suit two hits, one on each side. Or remap to Side Smash and fix it, as it hits from behind.

Forward Air: I can't really tell with this move. The hitboxes seem too big for this attack. The knockback could also be toned down a bit. This move should also not send foes at a downward angle.

Up Air: You should decrease the knockback on this move. It's good for juggling, but it can KO pretty early if used right.

Down Air: Very spammy for a spike move.

Synthesis + Solar Beam: I feel Sceptile should heal a little when using Synthesis (but make sure it doesn't go into negative damage). The beam could also use a nerf to knockback.

Bullet Seed: The GFX could be a bit more animated. You should also increase the DI, as foes can take about 60 damage minimum if they can manage to DI out of the move.

Additional thing for Neutral Special: If using Synthesis or Bullet Seed while jumping, you'll go up very high. Also if you land while using the move, you'll be able to move left and right. You should fix this.

Side Special: You need to either make this move a once in air time use only, or make Sceptile go into helpless after using, as this move is insanely broken.

Up Special: You should add some start-up to this move. And since this is Giga Impact, I feel you should increase the damage.

Down Special: This is a very spammy move.

Overall Thoughts: I don't really like this. There's so much more work you could do on this moveset. Don't take it the wrong way, as my standards are much higher than the average user's.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #393 on: October 24, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »

Alright, I've gotten your build. And here's my thoughts and impressions.

Attributes: It runs too fast and jumps too high.

Model: I'm generally not a fan of Russmarr's work. The rigging is pretty bad on this. I feel you should have a custom skeleton ot have someone who's more skilled at rigging rig Sceptile's X/Y model over Lucario's skeleton.

Animations: You need to do a lot more work on these animations, as I can barely tell what Sceptile is doing most of the time. Even if I lowered my standards, I wouldn't accept these.

Jab: It does too little damage for just a two hit jab.

Side Tilt: It's rather slow for such an agile character. The initial knockback is rather high as well for such low damage.

Dash Attack: Seems good. Quick start-up, okay damage, and reasonable endlag.

Side Smash (Frenzy Plant): I feel you should re-map Frenzy Plant to a Final Smash. The move, while has high damage output feels underwhelming. It just seems out of place for a Side Smash, given how slow the move it.

Side Smash (X-Scissor): I feel this move should be a close-range move, rather than a long range move. This move also cannot charge. The knockback can be toned down as well.

Up Smash: This move can't charge for some reason. Though while the start-up is quick, the movement is very slow. The damage should also decrease as the move goes on.

Down Smash: This move also can't charge for some reason. The damage is very low for such a slow move. You should also make the animation suit two hits, one on each side. Or remap to Side Smash and fix it, as it hits from behind.

Forward Air: I can't really tell with this move. The hitboxes seem too big for this attack. The knockback could also be toned down a bit. This move should also not send foes at a downward angle.

Up Air: You should decrease the knockback on this move. It's good for juggling, but it can KO pretty early if used right.

Down Air: Very spammy for a spike move.

Synthesis + Solar Beam: I feel Sceptile should heal a little when using Synthesis (but make sure it doesn't go into negative damage). The beam could also use a nerf to knockback.

Bullet Seed: The GFX could be a bit more animated. You should also increase the DI, as foes can take about 60 damage minimum if they can manage to DI out of the move.

Additional thing for Neutral Special: If using Synthesis or Bullet Seed while jumping, you'll go up very high. Also if you land while using the move, you'll be able to move left and right. You should fix this.

Side Special: You need to either make this move a once in air time use only, or make Sceptile go into helpless after using, as this move is insanely broken.

Up Special: You should add some start-up to this move. And since this is Giga Impact, I feel you should increase the damage.

Down Special: This is a very spammy move.

Overall Thoughts: I don't really like this. There's so much more work you could do on this moveset. Don't take it the wrong way, as my standards are much higher than the average user's.
    I appreciate the feedback, like I said earlier the PSA is nowhere near finished, so on that note I'll take this in stride and you've given me plenty to fix and edit.  Hopefully the next build leaves you with a better taste in your mouth.
    -Omni

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #394 on: October 24, 2014, 06:58:37 PM »

Yo, quick question Omni. Why doesn't Anubis use his staff and is using a khopesh?

I should be able to start on Anubis this weekend. If not, its because I finally got a model of Dante and am preparing him for rigging.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #395 on: October 25, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »

Yo, quick question Omni. Why doesn't Anubis use his staff and is using a khopesh?

I should be able to start on Anubis this weekend. If not, its because I finally got a model of Dante and am preparing him for rigging.
    Right on.  Well I found a khopesh online and The Randomizer rigged it all up I didn't want the staff because I felt like the khopesh would be more aggressive and allow me to use reuse some frames from Ike's animations.  I can't totally remember everything thats on that hack but I believe it was one of my more graphic heavy PSAs so you should have alot to work with there.  But as always should you need anything GFX-related just shoot me a PM.

Can't wait to see the work you do on him I know it'll be a great hack, and I do think the staff is more fitting now that you bring it up.
    -Omni

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #396 on: October 25, 2014, 08:32:02 AM »

Where did you get Anubis's (Anubis'?) Model from? Directly from Smite? Do you still have the model for the staff?

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #397 on: October 25, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »

I wish I'm not on that computer anymore, but yes I ripped it straight from smite.  Download Smite and inside some of the files you can find the models then I used a converter online to get it to 3ds or something that I could import into 3DS MAX and then ship off to my rigger!
    -Omni

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #398 on: October 26, 2014, 12:46:22 AM »

I'll be checking the latest version tomorrow, and I'll keep in mind it's still in the beta stages, ha.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #399 on: November 08, 2014, 12:41:01 AM »

Alright I threw Nidoking's moveset on the OP if you notice his grounded attacks and aerials aren't really planned that's cause they're not!  I wanted to see what you guys had to say so post your move suggestions here!  They can be on any move, moves you want to see available for move swap in a special, new smash attacks and especially the Final Smash.  Looking forward to reading what you guys had to say!
    -Omni

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #400 on: November 08, 2014, 02:37:43 AM »

so nidoking will be over bowser?

a move i dont like is the neutral special i mean 3 moves for a single special seems to overkill imo.

Moves that nidoking needs are
    Flamethrower and fire blast since they are some of the standard moves you see on them i

flamethrower as a side move to the up smash
    Fire blast side move for side special

you could use any of this moves for aerial moves

fire punch
    ice punch
    thunder punch
    aqua tail
    poison jab
    shadow claw
    poison tail

any of this moves are simple punchs or tail movements that fit very well on aerials

FS i would put horn drill on the FS how would it work
    it would be  a grounded FS nidoking would stomp the ground for afew times doing left and right with his feets for afew seconds anyoen on the ground would be buried then time would stop while he chargees his horn and then rushes foward ohko anyone that is buryed.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #401 on: November 08, 2014, 03:21:01 AM »

how about side smash being randomly picked between fire, ice or thunder punch?

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #402 on: November 09, 2014, 11:07:16 PM »

so nidoking will be over bowser?

a move i dont like is the neutral special i mean 3 moves for a single special seems to overkill imo.

Moves that nidoking needs are
    Flamethrower and fire blast since they are some of the standard moves you see on them i

flamethrower as a side move to the up smash
    Fire blast side move for side special

you could use any of this moves for aerial moves

fire punch
    ice punch
    thunder punch
    aqua tail
    poison jab
    shadow claw
    poison tail

any of this moves are simple punchs or tail movements that fit very well on aerials

FS i would put horn drill on the FS how would it work
    it would be  a grounded FS nidoking would stomp the ground for afew times doing left and right with his feets for afew seconds anyoen on the ground would be buried then time would stop while he chargees his horn and then rushes foward ohko anyone that is buryed.

I definitely see some of these being possibilities, I love the thought on the Horn Drill FS, I hadn't even given that a chance before but now I'll definitely take it into consideration.  Some for sures you can expect to see are:

F-Air: Shadow Claw

B-Air: Poison Tail

how about side smash being randomly picked between fire, ice or thunder punch?

I'm not a fan of the elemental punches I find them a bit too generic and I can't really add any kind of cool flare to them where as Mega Punch is aimed to look like this:

OR this:

Anyways I'm trying to decide if I'm going to throw Hyper Beam in or not as I think I could glaze over a beam GFX with some cool purple and black gradients and get a pretty cool graphic.

Rock Slide is possibly another move that could be added though I'm not sure where it would fit in his moveset, and Head Smash has a pretty good chance of being added as an alternate Side Special or smash attack

We'll see where everything ends up like.  I'd love to hear new move suggestions remember it doesn't need to be a legit known move!  Make up your own stuff and share it.  I think I might add a custom move to the mix in the form of Rock Shard where Nidoking exhales a bolt of rock that shatters against fighters and deals weak damage but high knockback.
    -Omni
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:12:13 PM by Omniscient X » Logged

AceGamer
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #403 on: November 10, 2014, 06:12:27 AM »

heres some more moves who can try Omni
    Thrash
    Chip Away
    Double Kick
    Brick Break
    Rock Tomb
    Stone Edge
    Drill Run
    Super Power
    Double Edge

hope they help Wink

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #404 on: November 11, 2014, 04:15:07 AM »

Super power is confirmed, its the Down Throw and it should end up being pretty epic.

Might add Brick Break if I can get it to cut projectiles... not sure though.

Double Kick is definitely going to be his dash attack, and Stone Edge is already planned for a Move Swapped Down Smash.

So I have a slot to fill as a Side B Move Swap for Giga Impact, so I'm wondering does anybody want to see Nidoking be able to use Toxic? 

I've revamped what I've done already Thunder looks a bit nicer and does set knockback now to remove the KO potential, Horn Drill has a windbox to help you suck in enemies into the drill and actually do decent damage, and Earth Power's spikes got a little texture touch up and the lava textures are much better now and have a texture animation.

So for Earth Power I'm thinking about 2 options:

1- I can stick with what I have now and it's all ground spikes until you gain a Sheer Force point and you can rip up a wave of lava instead.

2- I can add lava to all the charges so it splashes up over the spikes at some point during the move and deals fire damage and a bit more knockback.

I'm also working on Surf right now and I have a wave graphic or it can cause an angled eruption of water...

Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on these matters!
    -Omni

Pages:  1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33
    Print
    Jump to: