Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 209 210 211 [212]
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 988195 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3165 on: March 27, 2019, 01:41:34 PM »

Damn. This scene has evolved so much since I stopped moddong Brawl.

Hell. I only recently found out what BrawlCrate was.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Xaturati0n
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3166 on: May 16, 2019, 01:12:59 AM »

Hey. For how Brawl Vault has been so far, it's been pretty lackluster for a while due to no changes. Navigation can be annoying sometimes when you're trying to look for some stuff, like some Pit costumes instead of all that DBZ stuff. Uploading can be annoying too at times when it comes to previews. I brought my ideas up to Scout/Nezha via Discord, but then he told me to post it here. Here are what I think would help benefit the Vault:

Vault Suggestions:

-Adding a review system. Sometimes we may not know the quality of the mod or would like to hear other people’s opinions on it. Comments solely based on feedback should also be added. There would be rules obviously, mostly that the rules here would apply there and that the comments should only relate to the mod itself. This would definitely help people see if the stage/model import/moveset has any problems or is lacking in quality.

-Give us the ability to remove our very own reports. Some people just make mistakes.

-Give Mewtwo and Roy their own slots in the character section. P:M is the very reason that more than half of the Brawl community mods nowadays. This would really help.

-Also give the P:M stages their own slots in the stage section as well.

-Add tags and a filter system. When you enter the Pit section, you see so many DBZ mods and theres no way to filter all that out, and you just want your Pit costumes without having to surf in all that. Maybe you just wanna only see the mods from a certain year. Tags would help with the filter system, plus it would help with what you're looking for as well. Maybe I just want to look for Mario recolors instead of models or all those PSAs only.

-Forbid screenshots taken by a camera. I don't like potato quality. You don't like potato quality. So get rid of it. Sometimes you can't see everything thanks to these people thinking its fine to upload previews just like that.

-Get rid of the function for when you add in a image into the direct image link on a entry then it auto fills the thumbnail. It’s very annoying, if anything.

-Speaking of uploading, add a preview cropper. I like my banners in high definition and hate having to constantly crop them by making them extremely low res to the point where it looks ugly. I'm sure other people feel the same way.

-If permission is asked for on a mod, then the user who wants to edit it NEEDS to get permission.
    -Fix the SFX/video previews, PLEASE. There's some sfx mods i've been itching to try out, but I need to know how they sound like and there's absolutely no way to view them, and other people complain about this as much as I do.

Even though I don't care much about the forums since it's dead, I'd like to suggest that we have the ability to make sure that they're not in the recycle bin.. i wanna get rid of every post i made from 2014-2017 forever and im sure some people would like to as well lol

One more thing that would REALLY help is updating the Resources tab,

To bounce off what Windhunter brought up, I'd like to propose adding the following to Resources:

BrawlCrate. A branch of BrawlBox v0.78 (made by soopercool101) which fixes numerous bugs while adding various new features. It updates rather frequently depending on what sooper's working on. BrawlCrate also features a "Canary" system which lets users test new features before the next stable release is pushed.
    The current stable version is v0.24 (Hotfix 1): https://github.com/soopercool101/BrawlCrate/releases/tag/BrawlCrate_v0.24Hotfix1

PSA Compressor. A branch of Project Smash Attacks (made by ICLPX) which fixes numerous bugs while adding various new features. Unlike BrawlCrate, PSA Compressor doesn't update very frequently.
    The current version is v0.35: https://ux.getuploader.com/iclpxnohokanko1/download/110

Better PSA Compressor Config. Enhanced configuration files (lead by TheGag96) for PSA Compressor which fixes numerous param label errors and adds labels for newly discovered PSA commands.
    https://github.com/TheGag96/pm-hax/tree/master/Better%20PSAC%20Config

Item Editor. A branch of PSA Compressor (also by ICLPX) which allows the editing of Items and Kirby Hats.
    The current version is v0.12: https://ux.getuploader.com/iclpxnohokanko1/download/107

PSA Remaker. A standalone program (also by ICLPX) used to add Sub Actions and Actions to a given moveset file (requires additional module editing to get them to work properly).
    The current version is v0.14: https://ux.getuploader.com/iclpxnohokanko1/download/111

CodeWrite. A clone/branch of ASMWiiRd (made by TheGag96) which allows users experienced with assembly to make their own ASM codes.
    The current version is v1.0.6: https://github.com/TheGag96/CodeWrite/releases/tag/v1.0.6

All of what KJP mentioned? Do it. Resources has NONE of this and most of this is mandatory nowadays in Brawl/P:M modding.
    Speaking of Resources, what would help is if there were some tutorials listed for specific programs or just in general, like how to use 3DS MAX/Blender for importing models, how to change specific materials, how to insert codes, how to modify SFX files, etc.

One more thing though that should be added is the Custom Brawl Modding Discord. It's very well organized and there's a lot of stuff you can do over there. It has plenty of resources, lots of users that are active you can talk to about your mods (like feedback and helping and what not), etc. A link if anyone is interested: https://discord.gg/GbxJhbv

This sounds like a lot, but these are all that I'd think would help benefit the Vault a lot.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:32:38 AM by Sub » Logged

Formerly known as Nick.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3167 on: August 03, 2019, 09:13:55 AM »

I hate to Necropost again, but this is becoming an issue. I get the Forums and the people on them aren't as active as they used to be, but could the Moderation and/or Admin team consider opening Moderation positions?

Because I've noticed we've been getting troubling amounts of spam bots as of late.

Back in April, I took a screenshot of the first page of the Introductions Board, and 65% of the posts are from bots. I'm not sure if things have changed since then.

And just today, I was met with this when checking on Updated Topics.

I'm aware we've always had to deal with bots, but I've noticed there being more lately. I feel this is due to a lack of active Moderator activity to keep these bots at bay.

If Moderator roles aren't open, then could you consider updating your anti-bot filters? Because I'd rather see these forums inactive/dead rather than become infested by bots.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #3168 on: August 03, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »

I've also seen a bot post in the tutorials section and get the tutorials pin LMFAO

I do agree that there needs to be a way to deal with these bots. They've been so rampant for a while, and all I've been doing is reporting them.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #3169 on: August 25, 2019, 08:08:05 AM »

Oi vei, way too much spammage just from when I woke up this morning, do you think you guys could implement KJP's idea for moderation at all? Cause although Brawl Vault is really active, the forums themselves are almost dead cause most people are on Discord, so if we moderate literally every new topic (With a notice somewhere on the main page that we do that so the actual users know), that would actually work

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3170 on: September 09, 2019, 01:07:25 PM »

I hate to Necropost again, but this is becoming an issue. I get the Forums and the people on them aren't as active as they used to be, but could the Moderation and/or Admin team consider opening Moderation positions?

Because I've noticed we've been getting troubling amounts of spam bots as of late.

Back in April, I took a screenshot of the first page of the Introductions Board, and 65% of the posts are from bots. I'm not sure if things have changed since then.

And just today, I was met with this when checking on Updated Topics.

I'm aware we've always had to deal with bots, but I've noticed there being more lately. I feel this is due to a lack of active Moderator activity to keep these bots at bay.

If Moderator roles aren't open, then could you consider updating your anti-bot filters? Because I'd rather see these forums inactive/dead rather than become infested by bots.
    Yeah, I've cleared it all.

Honestly, we need to reach a conclusion with this site's goal.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3171 on: September 09, 2019, 08:19:50 PM »

You banned most, if not all the current bots? Based.

In regards to the site's goal, I know a Sm4sh Vault was planned, but at this point, I feel forum CSS updates and functionality should be addressed. However, I know this is easier said than done because to my knowledge, Vyse is the only coder among the staff. Additionally, unless the forums receive more activity, the staff wouldn't see much reason to put in the work.

One way to encourage and improve activity would indeed be to include more than just Brawl modding. Instead of making a Sm4sh Vault, why not make KC-MM the general Smash modding hub (Vault updates can come at a later time)? It would include modding and discussion about all the games in the Smash series (64, Melee, Brawl, Wii U/3DS, and Ultimate). Even though SmashBoards has us beat in regards to discussion, I feel KC-MM has always been the stronger modding hub, and I feel an extension to that could potentially boost activity enough to motivate these well-needed updates.

Regardless, the final choice lies on what the Admins want to do with these forums.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #3172 on: September 10, 2019, 10:07:20 AM »

I agree with KJP, Smashboards is mostly centered around tournaments, not really modding, and then GameBanana isn't nearly as big of a hub for Smash games, cause it has like a bajillion games on it, it kinda makes sense to transition the Vault and forums to be about all Smash games

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3173 on: September 10, 2019, 08:50:28 PM »

For what it's worth, I feel like the exclusive focus on Brawl has limited the site's growth and relevance ever since the rise of Smash 4 / Ultimate modding. I don't know if having an all-encompassing "Smash Vault" would be enough to revive the forums, but it might be worth a shot.

Click for my stuff:

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3174 on: September 11, 2019, 12:52:13 PM »

while i agree, iirc this site is now a background project for the admins, and time would need to be dedicated to shifting around the forums for sections of each game, beit Brawl, SSB4, or Ultimate. plus, SSB4 would likely need to be split between 3DS and Wii U.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3175 on: September 13, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »

Tinypic is shutting down, which means the image previews for many BrawlVault submissions in addition to the icons on the Resources page will be broken.

If someone's able to, I strongly recommend updating the icons on the Resources page with imgur-hosted images because it now looks like this:

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Speedy101
    Holy Kitten

You were my New Dream

• Awards Warm Welcomer Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3176 on: March 16, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news  but… the site is becoming overrun with a ton of bots they just keep coming and posting spam and unrelated topics in numerous categories.

personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #3177 on: March 17, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »

It's been like that for a while. Unfortunately, they won't be stopping any time soon. There's no bot prevention security, AFAIK.

Just do what I do and report them. They may register at an alarming rate, but it helps the staff pick them off one by one.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #3178 on: July 24, 2020, 12:45:59 PM »

Gentle reminder to all users that this thread exists.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

NatalieKennedy
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3179 on: April 07, 2022, 01:07:48 AM »

Well, let's start off things quickly.

We just permabanned the user and former member of the team MilkaholicX.

Why ? Not because he left the team and went to Stack Smash. We don't care about it.
    Because of a breach of trust. As a team member, he asked for the admin powers for a short time, to make a quick, innoffensive modification. We granted his wish, trusting he wouldn't pose any problems. But instead, he messed up some parts of the forum and granted himself more powers than what ha was supposed to have, and pretty much offended all of the team with his actions for himself, and against the whole forum.

I hope you'll understand why we couldn't let him stay here.
    Yes I understand

Pages:  1 ... 209 210 211 [212]
    Print
    Jump to: